Saturday, July 25, 2015

Palmer 1: Round 6


Last round was a sad one for the Palmers.As Reginald approached his elder years, his tolerance for children was beginning to wane. Twins Madison and Blair, who were already struggling with having to hide their true "heritage" from the world, took the brunt of his anger. Meanwhile, both Emily and Madison succumbed to old age, leaving only Reginald and Finley to care for the girls. With Finley's job as an entertainer keeping him out late into the night, he was often forced to leave Reginald as an unwilling babysitter.


Hi, Blair!

Blair: Hi, mysterious voice!

Where's your dad?

Blair: Oh, he's making breakfast...I think.


How's it going?

Finley: This single father thing is harder than I thought.

Doesn't Reginald help at all?

Finley: Well, he does repair stuff when it breaks, I guess...


Hey! You guys have hair with your blue skin!

Blair: I know! Maybe we just grew into it?

Madison: We better put our make up back on too...

Blair: Why should we? We don't look that different...


Madison: But Blair, Dad said that people would be mean to us if we didn't keep the make up on.

Blair: Yeah, but I don't believe that. Besides, you caught on fire with the makeup on, remember?

Madison: I guess...


Finley: So, what's the deal with airline food, anyway?

How's the comedy coming?

Finley: It's not, really. How am I supposed to come up with jokes at a time like this?

You mean...trying to raise two alien daughters in secret with a grump roommate who only emerges to fix the toilet?

Finley: Exactly!


You got a chemistry set?

Madison: Dad got it for us. I think he's trying to give us things that keep us inside.


Well, it seems to have helped you out, at least.


And just in time, too.


Finley: Ugh, I can't believe him!

Who?

Finley: Reginald! All I asked was for him to bake a cake for the girls. It's from a mix-all he has to do is stir in eggs and bake it.


So I take it you weren't really into baking for the girls' birthday?

Reginald: Why should I take time out of my day? They're not my freaky kids.

Well...can't you think of it as celebrating them not being kids anymore?

Reginald: Eh, I guess...


Never mind, I guess Finley's got it.

Finley: Yeah, I'll just stash it in the fridge before work.


Finley: Hello? No, I've got a minute...what's going on? Oh...no, I'm sure it's just face paint or something. Yeah, you know how kids are...

What happened?

Finley: Blair took off her makeup at lunch. Luckily the school thought it was just blue paint, but they wanted to make sure there were no medical issues...that was a close one.


Well, it doesn't seem to have impacted her grades.


Happy birthday dear Madison...


...And Blair...


And I guess we have to re-set the alien outfits for every age...What is your first grown-up aspiration going to be?



Madison: I want to be fabulously wealthy!

Ok, well...hopefully the farm in the yard will help with that.


What about you, Blair?


Blair: I want to be a painter!

Ok, very do-able.


I thought Madison was going to be the gardener. And I thought your dad wouldn't let you outside like that...

Blair: One person cannot possibly keep up with all these...and who cares? I'm just working in the garden!


At least you two can cook for yourselves now.

Blair: Tell me about it. Those bowls of cereal were getting old.


Finley: Ok, well...have a good night, girls. I'll see you tomorrow before school.

Madison: Bye, Dad! 



Looks like things are finally starting to pick up for Finley at work!


And you get shorter hours to boot!

Finley: Finally! Something tells me I'm going to have to be at home more now that the girls are teens than I was when they were kids.


Blair: But what could happen? What's so wrong with having blue skin?

Finley: It's not just the blue skin, Blair. You and your sister are very, very different. I know it doesn't matter, but the rest of the town might not.

They don't actually seem that different to me...

Finley: What do you know? You're a disembodied voice.


Oh, hey! Reginald's still here. Sure, let's send him on a date.


So who's your friend?

Reginald: Don't you have something else to do?

Ok, fine...I'll give you some privacy....


How'd the date go?

Reginald: I don't want to talk about it...

Something tells me being a grumpy old man doesn't go over well with the ladies.


So, are you really ok with this makeup still?

Madison: Well, it is heavy and hot. But at least the kids don't stare at us. That one day Blair took hers off, they looked at her like she had two heads!


Finley: Oh, hi...Aspen, was it?

Aspen: Yeah...we met at the comedy club. I hope you don't mind me stopping by.

Finley: Oh, not at all...

Aspen: I really liked your set about TV...

Looks like Finley is starting to reap the benefits of fame...


Finley: Blair, for the last time. You cannot go to school with the makeup off. You and Madison are twins. How are you going to explain why you are suddenly blue and she's not?

Blair: We'll figure something out. Please, Dad. I'm tired of pretending!

Well, it looks like you guys have some discussing to do. I'll just be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Not much to report from this lot. I pretty much ignored Reginald for the week; he's basically the live in handyman at this point. I should start building up somebody else's handiness skill for when he dies of old age. And that garden really is a family affair. Now that the girls can help it's a bit easier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment