Saturday, July 25, 2015

Howard 1: Round 6


Last round, cousins Joy and Confusion Howard grew from children to teenagers. Sadly, Joy's father, Patrick, passed away from old age, but Joy managed to keep her connection to him alive. Meanwhile,  Patrick's younger brother Justin continued to progress in the business career, while Patrick's widow Maura improved her painting ability.


Let me guess...the sink is broken?

Joy: Yes...but I think I know why this time.


Joy: Look, Dad...I promise I won't tell anyone about seeing you. But can you lay off breaking the sink...and the showers...and especially the toilets?

Patrick: Well, I'll try...but I can't say the same for the other ghosts, you know.

Joy: Other ghosts?

Patrick: You didn't think I was the only one, did you?

Joy: Well...kind of...


And who is this?

Joy: This is Cason...we met at school.

Well, hi Cason. I'm the mysterious voice...

Cason: Is she going to be here through our whole date?

Joy: I think so...I'm not sure she's really here at all.


Joy: What did you make?

Cason: Um...I'm not sure. I never got into playing with clay.

Joy: Well, what else do you want to do?

Cason: I can think of some things...

Hey, watch it Cason!

Cason: I was just going to suggest looking at the clouds...


Oh, hi Sabrina! How are you holding up?

Sabrina: Well, ok I guess...



Marlene: How long have they been out there?

Maura: They're looking at clouds, Marlene...and besides, Joy's my kid. Confusion and Sabrina are right over there.


Plus, I think Joy's doing pretty well for herself.


How's the homework coming?

Confusion: Fine. I really want to get up to an A grade.

Trying to catch up with Joy?

Confusion: No...I want to be able to get a better job...so I can help Sabrina out.


Aww....I guess these two are a done deal...


Nice job, Marlene!


Marlene: I'm glad you've taken such an interest in your schoolwork all of a sudden...just don't get too ahead of yourself. You're still a teenager.

Confusion: But Mom...

Marlene: Confusion, graduation is still a ways off. You don't need to take on all this responsibility right now.


Looks like these two are a done deal, too...


Oh, good...hopefully now Confusion can relax a bit...




Or not...


Confusion: Thanks for coming over.

Sabrina: Yeah, no problem...

Confusion: What's wrong?

Sabrina: Well, it's just that after you grow up, we can't be boyfriend and girlfriend anymore.

Confusion: Only for a little while. You're not that far away from graduation either. And I promise I'll stop by.


Happy birthday, dear Joy...



Hm...loves the outdoors. Not something I would have expected from Joy.


Joy: Ok, now you go...

I guess we have another birthday stowaway...




Joy: You grew up well...

Cason: You did too...

(clears throat) Ok, ok...we still have one more...


Happy birthday, dear Confusion...




Music lover...now that makes sense.


Joy: So, I was thinking...how would you like to move in?

Cason: Already?

Joy: Yeah, why not?


Well, if he's going to move in he's going to earn his keep...so you're an aspiring chef?

Cason: Sure am! I want to be a great baker!


And while we're at it...Confusion, what would you like to jump into?

Confusion: Entertainment!

Not too surprising given your musical background...


Ok, cool it you two. Joy's still got to pick her career.


Actually...wait a minute. Didn't you want to open a store?

Joy: Oh, I still do. But this way I can learn to write and generate some extra income while I save up to buy the space.

Ahh, I see.


And it looks like we've got one more birthday to get through...


Happy birthday, dear Justin...


Justin: Ow! My back!

Maybe you should go lay down...





Joy: Mom, we're not even planning a wedding yet...

Maura: Oh, I know. I just thought it might be a good idea to start thinking...

Looks like you guys have some discussions ahead of you. I'll just be on my way. See you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I can't believe Joy and Confusion are adults already! This challenge is going so fast! Cason is growing on me; we're still not at the point where I can have "home grown" matches for all of the kids yet, so I've got to take what I can get from the townie pool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment