Friday, July 31, 2015

Bernard 1: Round 7


Last round, Darlene and Trinidad introduced us to their new twins, Aruba and Jamaica. Darlene continued to advance at the science facility, while Trinidad opted to stay home and hone his woodworking skills. Meanwhile, Matthew struggled to keep up with his fitness skills after becoming an elder.


Hi, guys!

Everyone: Hi mysterious voice.

So what is everyone up to on this beautiful Sunday morning?

Aruba: I'm going to a friend's house...


I see...mind if I tag along too?

Aruba: Ok...


Azalea: Why didn't Jamaica come?

Aruba: She's sick...she may even have to stay home from school tomorrow.


I guess so...


At least she's got a stay at home Dad who can take care of her.

Jamaica: Dad, when I get big, I think I want to learn to play the guitar too.

The guitar?

Trinidad: I installed a cable upgrade on the TV this morning. We've been watching the music channel all day.



Trinidad: Darlene, what are you doing out here?

Darlene: I just can't stop thinking about these graves back here...

Trinidad: Honey...they're my grandparents. You never even knew them.

Darlene: I know, but...

Trinidad: Come on...I have an idea to cheer you up...


Whoa! Ok...apparently these two need some alone time...


Huh...I thought you two would have been done with the twins.

Darlene: Well, we were thinking that too...


At least you've got some more money coming in now.


Well, looks like Jamaica's well on her way to learning that guitar...


Aruba: Dad? Can you make me a science table on your workbench?

Trinidad: Well...no...I can only make things that are wood. A science table is metal and glass. But I promise, we'll get you one soon, ok?

Aruba: Ok...where are you going, anyway?

Trinidad: I'm going to the park for a little while...I'll be home in time for dinner.


You're learning to play the guitar? Why?

Trinidad: I've got something in mind for the twins' birthday...but it's going to take awhile, and I don't want them to see me practicing.


...Are you two watching a fireplace?

Erin: Yes! This new cable package is great!

Matthew: Yup...nothing like a roaring fire...


Speaking of...quick, Trinidad...get in the shower!


Trinidad: I think I need another shower...

Just be thankful you survived!


Especially because it's baby time!


Trinidad: Should we have called ahead? I feel like we should have...

 Trinidad, this hospital is nothing but a maternity ward and outpatient clinic. I think you guys will be ok.


Wait...why aren't you going in?

Alyssa: They're not quite ready for me yet...I have to sit in the waiting area.

Huh...first time I've seen that happen.


Doctor: Ok, Darlene...just relax and it will all be over in a second...



Another girl!


...And a boy! Surprise!


Trinidad: Come on, buddy...let's get you and your sister home...


Have the older twins met them yet?

Darlene: No...they should be getting home any minute...


Aruba: Huh? The babies are taking our room?

Darlene: Well, yes...your room is the closest to ours and we need to be close to the babies. But if you go down to the basement, we have a surprise for you and Jamaica...


Aruba: Wow! A science table! But wait...why is there only one bed in here?...You mean we get our own rooms?!


Jamaica: This is so cool! And since we're down in the basement we can make all the noise we want and it won't wake the babies up!

Glad you both like them...


And it looks like that science table was all Aruba needed...


Glad to see you back at the woodworking bench...is this the special project you've been working at?

Trinidad: Yup! I figure if I was going to learn to make something, I should probably learn how it worked...


Jamaica: Wow! Dad made that?

He sure did.

Jamaica: I think I'm still too little to even pick it up!

For now, probably. But you two won't be kids forever...


Just like the twins won't be babies forever. Ok, let's do this...




Again with the hats...


Hmm...an art lover/scientist...interesting.





These two make more sense.


Ok, well, while you guys clear out the bassinets I'm going to head on to the next house. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: A lot of firsts on this lot. I actually didn't realize that in order to have a Sim craft an instrument, they not only need a high enough handiness skill but also a high enough skill in the instrument they want to create, hence why Trinidad spent most of the week learning to play the guitar. This lot was also the first time I saw a Sim go to the hospital to deliver a baby and sit in the waiting room first. Seriously, the action in her queue was called "Waiting in Line", and she kept sitting back down if I told her to get up. I had no idea they would do that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment