Thursday, July 23, 2015

Howard 1: Round 5



Last round, Maura Howard continued to hone her photography skills by turning her daughter Joy into a child model. Meanwhile, Justin and Marlene's son Confusion channeled his shyness into learning to play the violin. By the end of the week, both had become teenagers.


Hi, Joy!

Joy: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

Where's your cousin?

Joy: Oh, I don't know. He's outside somewhere with Darien.

Darien? Who's Darien?


Confusion: You remember Darien. He grew up when we did.

Oh right...the birthday stowaway. 


What the...


Oops. Sorry we missed your birthday, Marlene.

Marlene: Oh, it's no big deal. It's not like it's a huge milestone anyway.

Glad somebody else around here realizes that.


Hey, a ghost actually doing something useful! You don't see that every day.


Wow, you're sounding pretty good!

Confusion: Thanks. I figured it was time to move on from the violin, and we don't have room for a piano.


Justin: How'd I let your wife talk us into this?

Into what?

Justin: A photo shoot with the two of us.

Maura: I just think it's important to do.


Marlene: So, I was thinking we could put a piano in the basement.

Confusion: I thought Aunt Maura's photo studio is down there.

Marlene: Well, we could fix up the other section, where you guys used to have your playroom. It might make a nice music room.

Confusion: That would be great.


Uh-oh...


Not you again...

Grimmy: Wow, what stinks in here?


Joy: Dad?


Well this is heartbreaking...


 I think the painting says it all...

Maura: I knew Patrick was older than me when I married him, but I never thought this day would actually come.


Well, I'd say congratulations but seeing as how you just lost your brother it doesn't seem appropriate.

Justin: I know. I had to fight so hard to smile when my boss told me.


And I guess Maura was able to channel her pain into her work.


So sorry about your dad, Joy.

Joy: (sigh) I just can't...wait, what was that noise?

What noise?

Joy: I heard something upstairs...


Joy: Dad? Is that you?

You can see him?

Joy: Yes! Well, sort of. How are you...what are you...

Well, do you remember when your friend Sabrina used to talk about seeing her grandmother's ghost?

Joy: ... No way...

Patrick: Yup. She was right. 

Joy: I've got to tell somebody...

Maybe you should hold off on that, Joy. I don't think the existence of ghosts are exactly common knowledge around here.


Where did these come from?

Joy: Mom brought them home from work. I'm using them to practice designing outfits.

For what?

Joy: I think I'm going to open up a clothing store when I graduate. Mom said she might even set up a photo studio in the back, now that she's better with her camera.


So, things seem to be getting a bit better around here.

Marlene: Well, sort of. But it's going to be quite awhile before it feels normal again.

Yeah, I know. But unfortunately I have to be on my way to the next house. You guys hang in there, and I'll see you next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And after a brief hiatus, Tranquility Creek is back. I was really hoping Patrick would hold out until Joy was a young adult, but it did give me a chance to have one more Sim actually interact with the ghosts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment