Saturday, July 25, 2015

Hannon 1: Round 6


Last round, Aiden Hannon married his high school sweetheart Alyssa Flenderson. Alyssa joined the medical career, and soon found herself pregnant with the couple's first child, Marlin. Meanwhile, his aunt Stephenie sadly passed away from old age.


Morning, guys!

Erica: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

Are you handling breakfast this morning?

Marlin: Mommy has to go to work really early.

Well, such is the life of a nurse.


How's it going, Alyssa?

Alyssa: Ok. They have me running the Xray machine now.

Cool.

Alyssa: Yeah, but I would have appreciated if they had taught me how to read the results first.



Alyssa: Marlin! You're still in your pajamas?

Marlin: Yeah, Dad said I could.

Alyssa: What about Grandma?


Yes, what about Grandma...

Erica: Oh, sorry. I've just been so caught up in these soap operas...


Alyssa: Do you think I did the right thing going back to work so soon?

Aiden: What do you mean?

Alyssa: Well, your mom is getting older...

Aiden: Honey, Marlin's in school now. And my mom's doing fine. You have nothing to worry about. 


Uh-huh...


So did Alyssa drop the news?

Aiden: Yup. I'm so excited! I'm making her a special dinner for when she gets home.

Dinner? It's 1PM.

Aiden: Well, I'll be at work when she gets home. I'll just leave it in the fridge.


Oh, hey. Look who's at the hospital today.

Alyssa: Look, it's my favorite niece!

Rain: Hi, Aunt Alyssa.

Alyssa: What seems to be the trouble?

Rain: I'm not feeling so good. I've had a really bad headache, and I keep getting dizzy.

Alyssa: Let's take a quick X-Ray. Don't worry, it won't hurt.


Alyssa: Ok, honey. Now you just relax, and...hmm..


What's wrong?

Alyssa: (I must not be reading this right...) Ok, Rain. All set. Let's go back to the bed. I'm sure after you rest awhile you'll feel better.


Alyssa: There we go. Feel better?

Rain: I guess so...

Alyssa: Good. Tell you what, I'll give your dad a call later to check on you, ok?


Looks like those soap operas provided some inspiration. Congrats, Erica.


Alyssa: Hey, Noah. It's Alyssa. Yeah, I just wanted to check up on Rain. Oh, good. Say, um...when I took her X-Ray earlier...well, it's a standard procedure. Of course I handed them off to the doctor, but they just looked a bit odd. I've never seen anything like them before...yes, I know I'm not a doctor yet...



Although you do appear to be well on your way.

Alyssa: I just wish I could figure out Rain's test results. I hope it's nothing serious.


Erica: And then Julio pulled Wanda in close, his rippling muscles tense with anticipation...

(clears throat)

Erica: What?

Do you really think that's an appropriate story to read to your grandson?

Erica: Well, I was halfway through it myself and he wanted a bedtime story, so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.


Looks like #2 is on the way! Let's head to the hospital!





Aiden: Excuse me, Doctor...my wife is...

Doctor: A few minutes late for work, I know. But don't worry. As long as she doesn't make a habit out of it it's fine.

Aiden: No...you don't understand...


Receptionist: Oh, Alyssa....good, you're here. You're needed in outpatient unit.

Alyssa: Um, no, actually...

Receptionist: The doctor has ordered a treadmill test for your first patient.


Alyssa: Ok...just...a...little...longer...

Patient: Um...I know you're supposed to ask me this, but...are you ok?


Whoa! What happened to you?

Alyssa: I worked a full shift while in labor.

Well, I was actually referring to the dirt...

Alyssa: I'd rather not talk about it.



Man, and in labor with twins, no less.


Um...maybe you should go take a shower before you hold him.

Alyssa: Eh, maybe you're right.


Erica: I can't believe I'm a grandma again.

Yes, we're going to have to get you more appropriate bedtime stories...


Again?

Alyssa: Aiden really wants a little girl. Besides, what's one more?


Looks like it's also time for Erica to grow into her grandma role...


Happy birthday dear Erica...


Well, at least you don't look like you're in pain.


Oh, looks like we get two more birthdays before we go....





And he even has a fish on his shirt!



Another social butterfly/bookworm combo...



Hmm...not crazy about the sweater vest, but the hat is kind of cute.



And a perfectionist artist...that one kind of makes sense.


Salmon: Whoa! Cool!

What?

Salmon: Our room's in the basement with Mom and Dad's, and it's right up against the pool. We can see into the water!

Sounds awesome. You guys go ahead and get settled in; I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, lesson learned on this lot. Do not send a pregnant Sim in the doctor career to the hospital to give birth if it will overlap with their scheduled work time. Poor Alyssa really did have to work the entire shift in labor; I felt so bad for her. And yes, I am leaving her lot while she's pregnant again. I finally figured out that my "auto pause pregnancy" mod needed to be enabled in the game options after I put it in, so we shouldn't have any surprises waiting for us when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment