Friday, December 14, 2018

Bernard 4: Round 18



Last round, Luke had finally given up being a police officer to chase his real dream of becoming a mixologist after the death of his father. With his relationships with his siblings on the mend, he was able to throw a New Year's Eve party for his entire family. Meanwhile, the couple's younger daughter Crayola aged up and joined her sister Tempera in school.


Hi, Cindy...

Cindy: Oh, hey mysterious voice...

And I see you're on the same fitness kick as everyone else?

Cindy: If you can call it that...


Tempera: Aren't you ready to go yet?

Crayola: Not yet, I'm still eating!

Where are you two going?

Tempera: To the park with Madrid and Padme.

Crayola: Mom has to do something with her hair...

Tempera: She said she has to get us out of her hair...


I can see how some impromptu play dates might be in order. Looks like a pretty low-key week around here...aside from the lousy weather forecast that is.


Padme: Guess what? Mom said we can make a whole website about the kittens we found!

Madrid: Really? That's so cool!

Padme: Yeah. We're going to make videos of them and stuff. It's going to be so awesome! I bet we get like, a million followers!

Tempera: I wish we had kittens so I could make one too...


And I see you guys have been redecorating too...

Crayola: Yeah! Check out my new room!

Tempera: Eh, it's ok. My room's still better...


Nice going, Luke...you're catching up to Cindy pretty quickly.


Oh, that's right...I always forget that you have a brother. Sure, let's go!


Crayola: Dad, what is Mom doing with Uncle Cyrus?

Luke: They're just saying hello. All brothers and sisters have weird stuff like that. You'll have weird jokes with Tempera one day too.


Cindy: There you go...that feels good, huh?


Cyrus: It's so great to finally have all of you over! It's been so quiet with only the three of us here.

Luke: Quiet with a toddler? Man, what's your secret?


Crayola: That was fun, Mommy. How come we don't go to Uncle Cyrus's more?

Cindy: Well, your father has a lot more family than I do. But don't worry; there will be plenty of chances to see them again...


Like holidays, for example...


Tempera: What are you doing?

Luke: Baking a birthday cake for someone...

Tempera: Is it chocolate?

Luke: Maybe...you'll just have to wait and see...


Luke: (sigh)

Having some regrets?

Luke: Not exactly...

It's ok if you are. I know I'm having regrets about not painting the sides of your parents' stairs...

Luke: I just can't believe all the time I wasted, you know? Especially with Tempera about to grow up...


Oh, yeah..we'd better get ready for that.


And just in the nick of time...


Now she can enjoy the SpashFest fun!


Tempera: Hey, does this count as a bath?

Not exactly.

Tempera: Aww, come on...there's soap!


Luke: Hey there...long time no see.

Leia: I know...

Luke: I'm sorry I haven't been by to see Mom yet, I just...

Leia: I know. Trust me, I don't blame you. If the kids hadn't found those kittens I don't think I'd have gone into my own backyard yet. Speaking of, you in the market for a pet?

Luke: (laughs) No, two kids is more than enough...


Make that one kid, one teenager...Happy birthday, dear Tempera...


You know, maybe it's a good thing there's a celebrity pack on its' way because that one's coming up a lot recently.


And look, she's already dressed for it...


And I see Luke is carrying on one part of his fathers' legacy...


Unauthorized fireworks!!!






Luke: That one's for you, Dad...


Leia: I think he would have loved them...I never would have taken you for such a rebel

Luke: Well, I did get permit first...I'm still a former cop. I can't break the law too much.

Some things never change, I guess...and now I have to be on my way. I'll see all of you next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: We're inching closer to the end of Round 18(!) I know that most of these more recent posts haven't been very story-heavy, primarily because it's been so long since I actually played the lots, but I think this finally brings the Luke/Salmon stuff to a close. (I'm really glad I had the two of them take that picture together before all of this started because that thing's come up a lot. And yeah, I still wish I had changed the default siding on those stupid stairs...) It was also nice to have these guys visit the Aiken side of the family for once...Cindy and Cyrus are the only set of townie siblings who have both made their way into playable houses, so I always forget that they are actually related.

No comments:

Post a Comment