Friday, December 14, 2018

Palmer 6: Round 18



Last round, Planet and Jessie were trying to keep up with 3 toddlers at the same time. Twin boys Harbor and Moat soon aged into children, though. Meanwhile Jessie continued to advance in the culinary career while Planet improved his writing. By the end of the week, little sister Ocean had become a child as well, but not before receiving her first present from Father Winter.


Hi, kids...

Ocean: Hi, mysterious voice...

Anything new going on around here?


Moat: Well, Egg Fest is tomorrow...


Oh, I see...


Harbor: And today we're all getting together at the kids' center...

Who's "we"?

Harbor: All of our cousins...you know, us and Starburst and Nestle and...


Wait a minute, Padme and Madrid aren't your cousins.

Harbor: They were here already, though...

I like that we now have rival groups of cousins...


Nestle: So, what do you want to do? We could play pirates, or swing on the monkey bars, or...

What about Ocean and Starburst?

Nestle: Ugh...who cares...the big kids play with the big kids and the little kids play with the little kids. They're probably inside somewhere.


Jessie: So I made the call today...

What call?

Planet: I can't believe we're about to do this...

About to do what?


Harbor: Are they here yet?

Planet: Not yet...

Are who here yet? Someone better start giving me some answers.

Planet: We have a surprise coming for Harbor today...


Ahh, I see...


Harbor: A puppy? Is it ours?


It's about to be.


Welcome to the family, Arctic...


He seems a little nervous...

Harbor: He's just a little nervous. You'll see. He'll love it here!


Yeah, about that. And nope, not a glitch. He's actually hiding under the couch.


Although I guess he could just be looking for eggs...


Planet: It looks like it's about to rain, Jess...

Jessie: Then plant faster! 


Oh, goody...the creepy bunny is here...


Kids: Flower Bunny!

So...answer something for me. Father Winter gives everybody a present. What exactly does the Flower Bunny do?

Ocean: Leaves flowers...duh...

So it leaves flowers that your parents have to plant...and water...and weed...


Seriously? A vampire is scared of a puppy? I mean, I'll take it, but...


Oh, I see sparkles...that can only mean one thing...


Happy birthday, Arctic...


Well, he got a little bit bigger...at least he'll still fit under the couch.


And I see Arctic is taking advantage of his new ability to climb the porch steps to...


Run away? He's only been here for 3 days! What could have possibly happened to make him run...


Oh...well, that was quick...


Planet: Buddy, I'm so glad to see you...

Planet, he went to the end of the street! That's not running away, that's just going outside.


Oh, I guess we do get a birthday this week. Ok, let's get started on a cake, and...


Or we could just age up without any of that at all. That works too...


Nice going, Planet.

Planet: Thanks...


Planet: Good luck tonight, hon...

What's tonight?

Jessie: Tonight's half price night in all restaurants and bars...


Well that sounds like fun...

Jessie: Not when you're the one working at the restaurant...

I guess not.


Well, it seems to have paid off though.


Ocean: (laughs) Arctic, stop...

What is he doing?'

Ocean: He keeps licking my face! It feels all slimy!


And I see we're once again ending the week with a visit from Uncle Galaxy.

Planet: Thanks for coming over...

Galaxy: No problem. I could use a break from the teenage drama...


Ocean: Uncle Galaxy, am I always going to be the little sister?

Galaxy: Well, you never know. Your aunt Universe thought she was going to be the youngest forever  too...and then Asteroid came.

Ocean: Do you think my daddy could bring home an alien baby too?

Not if I have anything to say about it! Now, I've got to be on my way...just make sure Planet stays in the house, ok? I'll see you all next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I really love this family. I also think I figured out how Jessie and Planet managed to have two alien children. Planet's mother, Arielle (remember her?) was actually a disguised alien. By the time she died of old age, the game had glitched and sort of...forgotten...this; she couldn't remove her disguise anymore and had no alien form, but I guess she did have alien DNA. So technically, Planet is 1/2 alien just like Jessie. Now, I still don't know what the chances are that their alien halves would both be passed on 2 out of 3 times, or the chances of having an alien child with human skin like Harbor though.

No comments:

Post a Comment