Friday, December 14, 2018

Bernard 6: Round 18



Last round, Lori and Han were settling into being parents with their daughter Madrid in her toddler years. Lori soon became pregnant again, and gave birth to a son, Toronto. By the end of the week, Toronto had become a toddler while Madrid had grown to a child.


Hi, guys!

Lori: Oh, hi mysterious voice...

Where are the men of the house?

Lori: Well, Toronto's asleep, and I think Han is working on his 4th painting of the day.


Lori: Say...you feel like taking a break for awhile?

Han: I guess...what for?

Lori: Well....I was thinking...


Whoa, ok....just let me get out of the room first.


That's one productive break!


As if things weren't crazy enough around here...


Madrid: Mom, can the new baby be a girl this time?

Lori: Well, I can't really control that honey...

Actually...wait, I think I heard the doorbell...

Lori: That's Poe, he and Han have some guy night thing tonight.


Poe: Um...I thought we were going bowling.

Han: We are!

Poe: And you're wearing a tuxedo?

Maybe it's formal night at the alley?


Um, I don't mean to be an overprotective narrator here, but...should Toronto really be outside in shorts in late fall?


Much better. I'm going to have to remember to set these guys up with outerwear for playgroup at some point.


Never mind, looks like we''re leaving anyway...


Wait, why didn't we go to the hospital...you know what, never mind...


Looks like Madrid got her wish! Welcome, Paris!


So...this is the last one, right?

Lori: Oh, you bet...


Lori: Han, the panicking is sweet and all but...I already had the baby. She's upstairs.


And just in time for Harvestfest!


Han: So, as you all know HarvestFest is just around the corner. So I thought I'd...

Han, who are you talking to?

Han: ...Do you mind? I'm recording here...

Sorry, but... who are you talking to?

Han: It's for my new SimStation video!

SimStation?

Han: Yeah. It's this site where you can upload videos of...whatever you want, and if they're good you can even make money on them.

And you're uploading one of you talking about HarvestFest?

Han: Well, not just of me talking....that'd be really boring.


You're filming your daughter...with a drone.

Han: Yeah...why not?

Don't you think that's a little excessive? I mean, it looks like you're spying on your kid...


Congratulations, Lori...watch out for the flying camera. 


Will the drone be joining us for Harvestfest?

Han: Well, Lori said I had to keep it away during dinner...

Smart woman, that Lori...


Um, Han? Isn't the point of this holiday to spend time with your kids...not editing videos of them?


Wait...who's birthday is it?

Lori: It's Han's. Ok, now that the cake's out of the way I can start on the dinner...


Lori: What the...Han, I said no drone today!

Han: You said no drone during dinner...


Lori: Yeah, well, dinner's about to start so put it away!


And here comes the Bernard cousin parade...


And everyone marches right up to Paris' room...


Um...where are Han and Lori eating?

Madrid: They're in the living room. The table's not big enough for everyone.

Luke: I don't think there's a table out there that's big enough for all of us.

You're probably right about that...


Luckily there's still enough counter space for a cake. Happy birthday, dear Han...


And I'm assuming you look exactly the same...

Han: Pretty much...


And it's cousin photo time...wait, where's Tempera?

Crayola: She didn't want to be in it. Dad said she's in a mood.

Yeah, that can happen with teenagers.


Come to think of it...it can happen with toddlers too...


Happy birthday, dear Paris...


Phew! That's an easy one...


And once again she looks just like her mom. We've got another redhead!


Oh, no...Paris, honey, I'm glad you're making friends, but...


Maybe Allegra isn't the best playmate?


At least having two toddlers didn't last very long.


Yes, let's...


Wait, the party's here?

Han: We didn't want to take the chance with the weather. It seemed like a good idea at the time...


Luke: Hey, it seems like we were just here...

Crayola: That's 'cause we were, Dad...


Except now Paris can really meet everyone...this kid is a hugging machine...



Right, right. It's Toronto's birthday...Happy birthday, dear Toronto...


Ok, we've got another social butterfly...


But you know, something tells me that won't be a problem...well, it's about time for me to be on my way. I'll see all of you next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, another girl and another redhead. Paris is adorable as well, and thanks to her charmer trait she is able to hug everyone she meets. I really wanted to try out the video production stuff on this lot, but it took awhile to get the hang of it. (Han's primary source of income will probably remain painting, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment