Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Lytle 2: Round 18



Last round, the Lytle family was going through some growing pains with their daughters Sprite and Snapple. Sprite seemed to enter the teenage years early and decided that her little sister was the most annoying person ever, while Snapple struggled with constantly finding Marvin the monster under her bed. Meanwhile, Moss achieved his aspiration of becoming a master mixologist.


Snapple: So, should I be a princess? Or should I be a skeleton?

Sprite: (sigh) I don't know...whichever one you want.

Snapple: But what if everyone else is already a princess? I don't want to have the same costume as everyone!

Sprite: Then be the skeleton...

Snapple: But what if I'm the only one who picks that? I don't want to be the only one who doesn't pick the right thing!

Sprite: Don't you have to go somewhere?


Snapple: Oh, right! Today's my first scout meeting! I bet I can ask there!

Sprite: Fine, whatever. Just go so I can finish my homework!


And I guess we're kicking the week off with a birthday.


Odd way to spend your birthday...

Marylin: I want to make the most of my youth while I still have it.


Marylin: Aw, thank you for the cake, honey.

Moss: No problem...do you want to wait for the girls to get home?

Marylin: No, let's do it now. Let's see if they notice a difference...


Happy birthday, dear Marylin...


Well, whether the kids notice a difference or not I certainly can't...


Moss: Any more costume ideas?

Snapple: Yeah...maybe I can be a zombie!

Moss: Well, you'd better pick something. Candy Fest is in just a couple of days...

Snapple: Maybe I'll ask Finn...he's coming over so we can do our castle project together.


Marylin: Ok...glue piece C into slot 2...we did that. Then glue piece G into slot 14...wait, where's piece G?

Snapple: I think it's that one, Mom.

Finn: No, that's piece H. See, it's backwards.

Marylin: You two better get a good grade for this tomorrow...


Well, maybe Finn can hand it in for both of them...


Are you trying to mix up medicine at the bar?

Moss: Well, Snapple's been asleep all day. I figured I'd get some practice time in. 



Yeah, I can see that.


Hopefully sleep is all she needs...being sick on a holiday is no fun.


Marylin: So I was looking online at ideas for the party...do you think you could try some of these recipes I found?

Moss: Um...I guess. What did you have in mind?

Marylin: There was this really cute one for eyeballs made out of cheese...oh, and then there were these cookies someone made...


At least this all counts a practice for work...


Ok, let's see what Snapple finally picked...


Moss: You picked a hot dog?

Snapple: Yeah! Do you like it?

Marylin: Yes, it's cute. But...

Moss: It wasn't one of the 10 other ideas you had this week, that's all.


I see we even forced Sprite into a costume...

Sprite: Mom, do I have to wear this? 

Marylin: Come on, Sprite. Can you just try to enjoy it? Your father and I are both dressed up...


Yeah, I guess it would be weird hosting a spooky party if you weren't.


Snapple: Hey, cool! A monster! 

Yeah, just like...every other toddler on Candy Fest.



And who's inside the pumpkin?

??? Ha ha! You can't tell!

Zyrtec: It's either Padme or Rey...but I can't tell who.


Please tell me the two of you didn't plan this...

Moss: I guess it's just a sibling connection, huh?


And I guess this answers who the pumpkin is...I'm surprised the two of you didn't come in the same outfit.

Padme: Ew, why would I want to dress up as that ugly pumpkin?

Snapple: Hey, when I come over tomorrow can I pet the kittens?

Padme: Sure...just be careful around mine. He's a little shy. 



Spending Life Day at Uncle Pine's house?

Snapple: Dad says that since Aunt Leia's mom just died, we have to go to the house where someone died last. It's kind of weird. I didn't even know her mom...how am I supposed to remember her?


Well, at least you can meet a kitten in the process...


Finn: Guess what? The teacher loved the castle! I got an A+

Snapple: What? I worked on it too! That's not fair!

Finn: Hey, it's not my fault you got sick...


Moss: How are you doing, Em? I know Life Day is rough...

Emerald: For me? They were your parents too, Moss...

Moss: Yeah, I know, but...you know, I was already out of the house when...I mean, you were still...

Marylin: Maybe we should go?

Yes, let's get out of here before you dig this hole any deeper.


Well that was awkward...

Marylin: You're telling me...but you know, Emerald did have a point. It's a little odd that we picked Pine's house when your parents are both buried at hers.

Moss: Well, I just figured that Mom and Dad have been gone for so long now...I mean, Dad went when Snapple was still in diapers.

Speaking of...the kids made it back with you, right?

Marylin: Yes. But they're about to head off to the park, I think.

Both of them?


Snapple: Guess what? Mom said you had to take me with you!

Sprite: Ugh...ok, fine. But you better stay out of my way, got it?

Snapple: Well, you'd better stay out of my way. I'm getting my outdoor adventure badge today!


So, "outdoor adventure" means just sticking your hands in random logs?

Snapple: I guess...

Well, let's see what brought your sister here in the first place...


Ahh, I see. You know, the park in fall can be very romantic...


Well that kind of ruins the moment...


Hank: Um...do you think we should leave?

Sprite: Hold on...I kind of want to see how this turns out...


At least Snapple is safely on the other side of the park.


And I guess all that practice paid off for Moss! Congratulations! But now I've got to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another update down! (You may notice that you're not seeing any Get Famous stuff yet...I still have quite a few posts to do before I catch up.) The Spooky Party was pretty fun (parties with the Lytle family usually are since there's so many cousins) but I really wish that the Spooky Stuff costumes were available to choose for the holiday tradition. As it is, kids have two choices (hot dog or Yoda) and even though toddlers technically have 3, 2 of them are Christmas themed (the elf and the tree) so really they only have the monster onesie. At least the guests show up in different outfits so there's some variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment