Friday, December 14, 2018

Lytle 4: Round 18



Last round was full of surprises for the Lytle family. After starting the week with their only child, Zyrtec, in his toddler years, Leigh quickly became pregnant again and added a second child, Tylenol. Soon after, she became pregnant for a third time and ended up going into labor during Zyrtec's birthday party, giving him the unexpected birthday gift of twin baby sisters, Allegra and Claritin.


Hi, guys!

Leigh: Oh, hi mysterious voice...

Tylenol: Mama...dance party!

Leigh: Not now, honey. The babies are asleep...

Tylenol: Babies always sleeping! Babies boring!

Don't worry, buddy. They won't be babies forever...

Leigh: Don't remind me...


Leigh: So when do we go pick up your scout uniform?

Zyrtec: Actually...I think I wanna join the drama club.

Leigh: Huh?


Oh...that's new. Well, I guess it will be good to have some variety. I am seeing that scout uniform everywhere...


Zyrtec: Argg...

Hey, what's wrong?

Zyrtec: Nothing...I'm practicing my lines for our play...

Is it a play about angry pirates?


Zyrtec: Dad! Dad! Wanna hear me practice my...

Hunter: In a minute, buddy...I've just got to get Claritin back to sleep.

Zyrtec: That's Allegra, Dad...

Hunter: Oh, right...


Don't look at me, buddy. I don't know why it's in there either...


Zyrtec: Guess what? I got the lead part in the play!

Leigh: Great...how was the rest of school?

Zyrtec: The...rest of school? Oh, right....well, I sort of have this project that's due tomorrow...

Leigh: (sigh) Let's get started...


Leigh: Zyrtec, I'm happy you like drama club but you can't leave stuff like this until the last minute. Things are chaotic enough around here without these surprises...


And things are about to get even more chaotic...


Happy birthday, dear Claritin...


Ok, silly we can work with...


And she looks just like her mom...


Happy birthday dear Allegra...


...at least it's not fussy?


And she...also looks just like her mom.


Looks like we've got more color-coded twins! Allegra's yellow, Claritin's pink...


And the calendar is jam-packed around here...


Nice going, Hunter...are you sure you don't want to go back? I think a busy restaurant might be less stressful...


Um...shouldn't she be in a bed?

Leigh: I have tried to put her to bed 8 times. She keeps getting up. If she wants to sleep on the floor...fine.


See, Tylenol? I told you they weren't going to be babies forever...


And now they get to come to play group...


Along with all your other cousins.


And I do mean all of your other cousins. I don't know why the "cousin" clubs keep showing up on this lot, but it does make it easier for them to meet everyone.


Looks like the play went well...


Congratulations, Zyrtec...

Zyrtec: ...Ugh, mysterious voice, you made me lose my place!

Oops, sorry...


I should probably be paying attention to the toddlers anyway. What's wrong with you, Allegra?

Allegra: Sleepy!

You...do realize there's a bed right behind you, right?


Glad to see Tylenol's still getting some attention...

Leigh: Are you excited to be a monster tomorrow?

Um...is that something you should be encouraging?


Oh, I see...he's dressing as a monster tomorrow.


Hunter: Um, sure, I guess...


Hunter: Oh my...you're Thorne Bailey! The Thorne Bailey!


Hunter: Emerald, can you believe it? What are the chances?

That you would run into a celebrity at a celebrity meet and greet? I'd say pretty high...besides, shouldn't you be getting home to the kids?


Exhibit A...


And just think, this is before they're all hyped up on sugar...


Rey: You did really good in that play.

Zyrtec: Thanks. I kinda messed up that one part, though.

Rey: It's ok, nobody noticed. So what are you gonna be for CandyFest?

Zyrtec: I don't know. I'm kind of bored of choosing costumes...


I can't say the same for your family...um, does a pizza delivery person really count as a costume?

Hunter: Hey, if we can put the toddlers in their pajamas and call it a costume...


Oh, no...there's 3 little monsters...who I can't tell apart. This should be fun.


Leigh: Here you go, Ocean...

Ocean: Aw, man! How'd you know?

Leigh: Well, Madison already came by and there aren't many pumpkin kings with blue hands...


All right! Time for one of the monsters to grow up!


Let's get going!


Anna: So, should we expect any surprises at this party?

Leigh: (laughs) No, I think we'll actually be able to stay for the whole time today...


Happy birthday, dear Tylenol...


And looks like we've got a child genius our hands...


And he actually aged up into a decent party outfit...


Hunter: Sure you don't want to open your presents inside, buddy? It's starting to rain...

Tylenol: Nah, that's ok...


Pine: Who'd have thought Hunter would be the one to carry on the tradition, huh?

Tylenol: Huh? What tradition?

Leia: Of having a lot of kids. It's kind of a Lytle family tradition.

It's kind of a Bernard one too, actually...I used to call your house the child farm.

Tylenol: That's what you should call our house!


I don't know...I think a new nickname is in order for here...


No, this house is definitely the "mess factory".


At least now the child and toddler teams are even...maybe Zyrtec won't feel so left out.


Leigh: So, does anyone else know how to get chocolate syrup out of these shirts?

Han: When I figure it out I'll let you know.

Emerald: My two seem to prefer paint...


Why do I have a feeling that these three becoming friends is a bad, bad idea?


You know, I think Hunter has taken enough chances in his life. Let's just take the safe route on this. And now I have to be on my way. Keep that mop handy, guys, and I'll see you all next round...



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Ok, I think the "mess factory" might be one of my new favorite houses. The twins are absolutely adorable, even if Allegra did make me want to pull my hair out. I don't know if it was her or her bed that got glitched, but every time I told her to sleep she would get in bed then immediately get out of it. And if you're wondering why Tylenol didn't get a makeover, this was during the "CAS aging" bug. For some reason, the family didn't age when I took the toddlers  into CAS to color-code them, but I didn't want to risk it any further. He'll get his outfits next round. 

No comments:

Post a Comment