Monday, December 3, 2018

Flenderson 3: Round 18



Last round was an exciting one for the Flenderson family, as Brock and Isla joined Viola and her classmates on a graduation trip to the jungles of Selvadorada. While Brock and Isla left a bit to be be desired as chaperones, Viola and the gang managed to make it through the jungle to an ancient Omiscan temple. But the excitement didn't stop there, as once Viola finally celebrated her birthday she quickly proposed to Shark Hannon, and once they were safely back home the two were finally married.


Viola: Shark, I promise you...it's not a big deal.

What's not a big deal?

Viola: Oh, hey mysterious voice...

Shark: How can you say it's not a big deal? He's a...

Viola: I know, I know. But you don't understand. He's...different.

I take it you filled Shark in about Vlad?

Shark: Wait, you knew about this?

Well...

Shark: A vampire has been coming into her house at night since she was a toddler and you didn't do anything about it?

I'm the narrator! What did you expect me to do, get rid of him with exposition?


Shark: You sure he's not here right now?

Viola: I promise....now will you just relax already?


Apparently so...


Good time as any to take a job...but I never took you for a gardener.

Shark: That was my job at the bakery-growing the ingredients in the back.

Oh...well, ok then.


But it looks like your first day will have to wait for a bit.


Shark: Should you really be working out right now?

Viola: Would you relax? When did you become such a worrier?

I hear impending parenthood will do that to you...


Nice going, Isla...





Happy birthday, dear Brock...





Lucky we got that jungle trip out of the way last week...I don't think you'd make it now.





Shark: So, remind me again what flowers have to do with eggs?

Viola: We plant flowers for the Flower Bunny...

Shark: ...What does a bunny have to do with eggs?


Wby don't you ask him yourself?

Shark: Oh...hello there...


Shark: You know, if you come back in a few days we'll have a kid here...

Sorry, Shark. I don't think it works like that.


Besides, the dinner invites are already out.


Isla: It's so nice to have you all over...we haven't seen you guys since the wedding.

Betta: Who's wedding? Shark's or mine?

Isla: Oh...um...

Don't feel bad, Isla. You guys go to a lot of weddings these days.


Lorelei: Hey, long time no see...wow, you're like...really pregnant!

Stunning observation, Lorelei...


...This couldn't have popped up before the party?


Never mind, it looks like we have something else to attend to first.


I guess we're not going to a hospital?

Viola: No time...


Wait...you're naming him Trumpet?

Viola: Yeah...

Because your theme is...instruments....

Viola: What's the problem?

Nothing...nothing. I just remembered I have to talk to Bahama Bernard about something when I get to her house...


Aww, he's cute. I like the pineapples.


I thought you guys just planted flowers?

Shark: This is my work garden.

Have you gone into work at all yet?

Shark: No...do you think I should?

Well, most people do like to meet the people they're paying...


Shark: Are you sure you'll be ok by yourself?

Viola: Shark, I'll be fine. He sleeps most of the day anyway...and besides, I'm not alone...

Shark: What does that mean? Is he...

I think she meant her parents, Shark.

Shark: Oh, right....


Viola: We'll be just fine, right buddy? Daddy's getting himself all worried for nothing...

Um, maybe not...

Viola: Huh?

You may want to get dressed...


Viola: Vlad! Wait, it's daytime...

Vlad: Yes, I know. But I've heard that newborns don't take well to late night visits. Besides, the rain provides a nice cover...

Viola: Well, since you're here...I'd like to introduce you to Trumpet.

Didn't you just tell Shark...

Viola: Oh, relax, will you? Vlad won't hurt him!

Vlad: Of course not....I only hope he sleeps better than you did, child...


Huh? Oh, right...


Sorry about that, Isla...

Isla: Oh, it's alright.


Don't want to miss this one, though...


Happy birthday, dear Trumpet...


Luckily he's still an only child...


And he looks...exactly like his dad.


Isla: You about ready to go, buddy?

...Do I want to ask where you're going?

Isla: It's Trumpet's first day of playgroup...

Trumpet: Gramma..no swim!

Yeah, what he said.  Not that I don't think you've aged...gracefully, but maybe it's time for some new swimsuits?


Tatooine: Wanna play pirates?

Trumpet: Um...ok...

These two are pretty cute together....I'll have to remember that.


And it looks like Lori's running things around here today...

Lori: Most of the other parents are out at the lounge...it's half off day.

I see...


Seriously? Guys, it's some free crackers and cheese...

Brock: Well we're not just here for that...


Oh, hey Misty...

Misty: I can't believe how old you look!

Brock: Hey, don't laugh. You're not too far behind me you know...

Um, I hate to interrupt this family reunion but you do have a toddler waiting back home...


Well, as fun as this has been I think I'd better be moving on. I'll see you guys next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And after a very long (unplanned) hiatus I finally have another update! Nothing too eventful from these guys. Vlad only ended up coming around once after Trumpet was born. (If you're wondering why the screenshot is so awkward, it's because the "show off baby" animation requires the bassinet to be in the middle of the room, which is really tricky in a room that isn't huge. And yeah, I accidentally used these guys' naming theme for another house...I'll have to remedy that when I get back to Bahama and Sage's place.


No comments:

Post a Comment