Friday, December 14, 2018

Palmer 4: Round 18



Last round, Buzz and Susana had just about had it with their current apartment....or more specifically, their next door neighbors. With their son Houston in school and no longer able to be nocturnal, the late night awakenings were getting particularly annoying. At the end of the week, with Madison about to join her brother in school, Susana finally got the good news that they had saved up enough money to finally move into a private penthouse...


Hi, Madison! 

Madison: Hi, mysterious voice!

Want to show me around your new house?

Madison: Ok, but first I need to figure out what that weird smell is...


Uh-oh...I think we found it...



Susana: We're barely unpacked and I've already had to break this thing out...


So, other than your dad's...fireplace issues...how's the new house?

Houston: It's really cool!

Madison: We get to have a big party for New Years now!


Oh, I see...


Bet it feels good to finally get a full night's sleep, huh?

Susana: You have no idea...


Although it looks like there's going to be at least one more late night.


Both: Cheese!

Did your parents say you two could play with that?

Madison: Uh-huh! We get to take all the pictures at the party!


Well, I guess New Years Eve doesn't have many kid-friendly traditions...


Better get the camera ready, kids!


Dory: This is so cool! It's like...we're upstairs, but there's still more upstairs! I wish we lived in an apartment!

Madison: I don't think they let raccoons live in apartments...


Hey, you two...it's not midnight yet!


Eve: I'm so happy for you guys...this place looks great!

Susana: Thanks. I'm just glad to finally be rid of those neighbors...there's no way we would have been able to do this at our old place.


Aren't you guys getting tired?

Houston: No way! 


Nemo: Ok, everybody! It's almost time...


Everyone: 3...2...1...


Everyone: Happy New Year!!!


Congrats on your first successful party, guys!


Um, Buzz? I know a common New Year's resolution is to eat better, but...maybe buying produce from an outdoor stand in the middle of winter isn't the best idea?

Buzz: Oh, these are seeds. They're for our new garden.

A garden? Don't you usually have to have a yard?

Buzz: Not always...we're going to set one up by the monkey bars in the spring.


Wait, you guys have room for monkey bars?

Madison: Uh-huh! On the roof!

That is either extremely cool or extremely dangerous...


Susana: So...what do you think is going to happen?

Houston: I think all the zombies are going to get out and start eating everybody!

Huh?


Oh, it's TV Premiere day again...somehow that doesn't sound like a very family-friendly show.


Ok, what do I know...zombies are fun for everyone, I guess...


What are you making at 3AM?

Susana: Just getting an early start on Houston's birthday cake...


Oh, I see. Let's get going, then...


Rey: Happy birthday, Houston...

Houston: Thanks...where's everybody else?

Rey: Huh? They were all right behind me...


Um, guys? I'm sure playing with your toys on the corner is...thrilling but the party is actually inside...


Oops...I guess I missed the picture of the cake...sorry, Houston.


At least you didn't end up prematurely grey...


Buzz: So...any advice for this whole teenager thing?

Nemo: Well, I would suggest hiding in the basement...maybe hide on the roof?


Well, before we set up a parental bunker, let's open some presents...


Wind: Hi, Houston. Happy birthday...

Houston: Thanks, Wind...I...um...I like your hair...


Well...it's not the worst pick up line I've heard. And it also appears to have thoroughly grossed out every child in the room...


Houston: If you wanted to stop over sometime...here's the key to the elevator...

Wow, that's a nice gesture...


But you may want to warn her to bring an extra fire extinguisher...you know, just in case. Anyway, it looks like Susana has this under control, so I should probably be moving on. See you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: We're finally rid of the Jang family! I'm kind of going to miss them...kind of. Penthouses still have the random neighbor drop-ins, but at least they don't have the "loud neighbors" every night now. It was really fun having the New Year's celebration in their new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment