Friday, December 14, 2018

Bernard 5: Round 18


Last round, Thunder finally convinced Alderaan to give the weekly karaoke contest another shot, and by the end of the week she was the karaoke champion. Meanwhile, her daughter Balcony grew to a child and began tagging along with her brother Chimney to scouts.


Hey, Alderaan...

Alderaan: Oh...hi mysterious voice...

Sorry to interrupt...why are you practicing in the bathroom?

Alderaan: Oh, you know...better acoustics...


Thunder: Honey, my sister wants to know if we want to come to the flea market?

Alderaan: You guys go ahead! I think the kids will have fun.


Chimney: Cool...a robot lamp! Dad, can I get this?

Thunder: (sigh) Sure, why not...


Looks like Balcony is happy with bubbles...


Ok, let's see what's on the agenda for the week...


Oh, looks like it's campfire night...


Chimney: This stinks. We don't even have a grill...

You don't?

Thunder: No...we re-did the kitchen...and the living room...and, well...long story short there wasn't much left for outdoor cooking.


So, how do you plan to have a weenie roast then?

Thunder: Oh, I have a plan...


Thunder: See? It's almost in our backyard...

Balcony: Daddy, this wood is making me itchy...

Chimney: Can we just bring all the food back home?


That seems like a good idea, Chimney. I don't think your family's going to follow you to the public grill...


At least there's yard space for a fire pit. And Alderaan's putting that singing skill to good use...


Oh...a surprise guest...

Jasmine: Hello, there! Me again! I just wanted to let you all know about our new community challenge...

Um...not to be technical here but...this entire community is a challenge already...


I guess we get a challenge in our challenge. And I suppose positivity isn't the worst theme for one...


All right, well, time to start being positive I guess...


And apparently being positive at work paid off.


Balcony: Mommy, if you go do the singing contest again can I go with you?

Alderaan: I don't know, honey. I think once was enough...

Balcony: Please? I'll do it with you so you won't be afraid...

Alderaan: (sigh) I'll think about it, ok?


Alderaan: So...where are we going for date night this week?

Thunder: Well, there's a talent showcase at the new lounge...

Alderaan: Did Balcony put you up to this?

Thunder: Come on...it's a brand new bar. I bet nobody even knows it's open yet...



Alderaan: Thunder, there's like...a million people here. I can't...

Thunder: Sure you can...you're an award-winning singer, remember?


Well, at least one person agrees...



And it looks like Alderaan is becoming well-known.


Alderaan: Ok, so that wasn't terrible...

Thunder: See? I told you...

So...how does it feel to have a famous wife?

Thunder: Huh?

Alderaan: What's "famous"?

Well, it means that...people know who you are.

Alderaan: Well of course people know who I am...half this town is related..

No, not like that. It's like, people know who you are...because of something you do. Like singing...


Or programming apps, I guess...

Thunder: Oh...is that a good thing?

Well, let me put it this way. It will make it easier for you guys to finally get your own grill.


All right, well , I guess there's just one more event before I head on my way...Happy birthday, dear Alderaan...


And with that, it's time for me to be moving on. Don't let that fame go to your heads, guys. I'll see you all next round!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: And Get Famous finally arrives! Also, I know there were like, no screenshots in this one. I really, really wanted Alderann to be the first one in town to start earning fame, but that also meant that I had to sort of awkwardly kill time while I waited for the pack to drop. (And no, she didn't complete the positivity challenge. I have a feeling these aspiration-based challenges aren't really going to work well with rotating every 7 days.) We're getting closer and closer to the end of the round! 

No comments:

Post a Comment