Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Rowan 1: Round 18



Last round, twins Hermes and Athena were adjusting to life as teenagers. Wanting to make sure they learned responsibility, their mom Adrianna arranged several volunteer opportunities for them including babysitting their little cousins across town. Meanwhile, both parents continued to excel in their careers.


What are we going to do about what?

Hermes: About Campfire Night!


What about Campfire Night?

Athena: Look at the weather forecast!


Athena: Campfire Night is tomorrow and it's supposed to rain!

Oh...I see.


Athena: What are we going to do? We can't have a campfire outside in the rain!

Well, not a long-lasting one anyway...

Adrianna: We'll figure something out. But we've got to get ready or we'll be late.

Late for what?


Adrianna: We're volunteering at a nursing home today.

I see...still on that responsibility kick from last round...


You know, I could ask where all these elderly Sims are that don't live out their days in their own homes...but I'm choosing not to.


Huh? How was that not the right choice?


Wait, did the nursing home pay you? That's not exactly volunteering, you know.

Adrianna: No, that was my book royalties.

Oh. Well in that case congratulations...


Any changes to the forecast?

Hermes: No...this is going to be the worst Campfire Night ever.

So, here's a thought...why not do it inside?

Hermes: What?

Nemo: Aren't you supposed to help us not burn the house down?


Well, you just need a fire for Campfire Night, right?

Nemo: Yes...


And I notice you put in this lovely fireplace in your living room...

Hermes: Hey, yeah...but what about the hot dogs and stuff?

Nemo: Well, it's not supposed to start raining until the afternoon...I guess I could cook them ahead.


Adrianna: This sounds like the weirdest weenie roast ever, but let's give it a shot...


Seems to be going ok so far...


Athena: So how do you guys like your new apartment?

Madison: It's so cool! It's even got an upstairs!

Athena: An apartment with an upstairs? That is cool...


Nemo: Here...a little housewarming gift for you.

Buzz: Oh, you didn't have to do that...what is it?

Nemo: It's a copy of our family picture...you know, the one we took with Mom and Dad back when the kids were little. I figured you've got all that wall space now you'd need something to fill it up.



Well I'd say that was successful...

Adrianna: Yeah...I'm just glad nothing went up in flames. That fireplace makes me so nervous...

I'm surprised you're not having the kids take care of the laundry.

Adrianna: I sent them to check out that skating rink they put up...they've got to have fun sometime too, right?


Careful, guys...I didn't see "broken limb day" on the calendar....


Athena: Can you believe it? It's finally here!

Wait, what's happening now?

Hermes: It's our last day of school today!


Oh, I see...


Um, Cyprus? You do realize CandyFest isn't until next week, right?


Hermes: Hey, you...

Hey there...let's wait until both of you are young adults for that...


But first, presents!


Athena: Wow...an eel...um...thanks, Dad...

Nemo: You're welcome, honey...


Ok, let's get this show on the road...Happy birthday, dear Hermes...


And I guess Adrianna's parenting paid off...


Happy birthday, dear Athena...


And it looks like it really paid off with Athena!


I take it Hermes has been waiting a long time for this...


And I guess if you can look past the hot dog suit it was meant to be...


Hermes: Hope...will you marry me?


I think that's a yes!


Seriously, Cyprus? You didn't want to change for this moment?


Good job, Cyprus. If she's willing to propose while you're dressed as a hot dog, lock that down now!


And of course we've got to get the obligatory cousin shot...or some of them, anyway. I'm not sure where Houston or Madison are...


Alright, guys...as fun as this has been I think it's about time for me to be moving along. But first, I think there's some moving arrangements to be made. Hermes, I'll see you back at the Howards'...everyone else, I'll see you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another less than eventful lot. For some reason these guys have never been very exciting. The indoor campfire night actually did go pretty well (even though it didn't actually end up raining at all...it just stayed cloudy.)  I really need to remember to change Cyprus's party outfit when I get back here, though. That hot dog suit kind of ruined the engagement....

No comments:

Post a Comment