Friday, December 14, 2018

Palmer 5: Round 18



Last round, Carrie Palmer was introduced to her new playmate, Gary the dog. Meanwhile, her older brothers Mark and Harrison joined scouts...only to have Carrie join them a few days later when she aged up into a child as well. Daisy also hosted the town's first HarvestFest dinner, during which Lucas set himself on fire by not emptying the lint tray in the dryer.



Hi, Carrie...

Carrie: Hi, mysterious voice...

So, what's going on around here...other than a vet visit for Gary?


Carrie: Harrison and Mark's birthday is on Saturday! And Love Day's coming up so we all have to make cards and flowers and stuff.

I see...


Hey there, Lucas...

Lucas: Oh, hi mysterious voice...

I would have thought you'd put your gardening days behind you.

Lucas: Yeah, me too...I guess old habits are hard to break.


Daisy: Did I see you watering the plants out there?

Lucas: Oh, um...yeah. It just hasn't rained in awhile, and...

Daisy: I haven't seen you garden in so long...not since...well, my parents' backyard...

Yeah, that place would have put anybody off of gardening...


Oh, good...Marvin's back.


Carrie: MOM! There's a monster under my bed!

Daisy: (sigh) Why don't you bring Gary into your room? I'm sure he can bark at it or something and it will go away...


Carrie: Come on, Gary...now if we see the monster again you make it go away, ok?


Carrie: Good boy, Gary...you can sleep in here every night!

Well, glad that's taken care of...now I'd better go check on your brothers.


Mark: Ha! I'm gonna win...

Harrison: That's only because you found a Fire card...wanna go see if we can find any more?

I see you guys discovered your mom's VoidCritter collection.

Mark: Wait...these were Mom's?

Well, some of them were your Dad's...but your Mom kind of...hid them for him.

Harrison: But why?

It's a long story. You might want to ask your dad...


Besides, he's probably in a pretty good mood right now. Nice going, Lucas.


And I bet he's going to be in an even better mode tomorrow...


What are you working on?

Carrie: A card for Gary...

You're making a Love Day card for your dog?

Carrie: Why not? I love Gary...


Well, it's not quite a birthday on WinterFest but I guess a Love Day birthday is pretty cool too...


Somehow I think everyone would like to give a Love Day card to Gary...


Daisy: Happy Love Day...

Lucas: Aww, honey...you shouldn't have...


Lucas: Now come on...let's get ready...


Daisy: Hi...table for 2, please...


Lucas: This is so romantic...

Daisy: I know. Remember when we came here in high school?

Lucas: Yeah...we were such pretentious kids.


Daisy: Speaking of kids...did you notice a few of our old VoidCritters are missing from the dresser?

Lucas: Huh? 

Daisy: I think our sons found the battle station in the closet.

Lucas: (laughs) I thought I heard those sound effects again from the playroom...I thought I was hallucinating!

Daisy: You think we're getting too old to play against them?


Hopefully not...Happy birthday, dear Daisy...


Well, I think I'll let these two enjoy their dessert and check in on the kids...


Carrie, have you been holding that dog all week?

Carrie: Well, I have to put him down to go to school...


Huh...so, I guess it's Mark's birthday too, then...


All right, I guess we're off to the park...


Daisy: Hi, Mom...

Azalea: Hi, dear...

Daisy: How's Rose?

Azalea: (sigh) Ok, I suppose...she's having a bit of a hard time with the dating thing...she'll probably stop by later...



Ocean: Aren't you guys scared about going to high school?

Harrison: Well, Mark might be...but I'm not 'cause I'm older.

Ocean: Um...aren't you guys twins?

Harrison: Yeah, but I'm the older one...

First of all...no, you're not. Also, I don't think you're impressing them very much Harrison...


I guess you can blow out the candles first, though. Happy birthday, dear Harrison...


...and Mark...


Ok, so Mark seems to be picking traits in alphabetical order...


And it seems like Harrison's bad luck with the ladies wasn't just a fluke...


Oh, um...well, that's certainly a look...


Yeah...let's get you both to a mirror...


Much better. Now, I really have to be on my way. You guys enjoy the rest of the party, and I'll see you all next round...


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, another one. (You may notice these updates coming faster...I realized that if I wanted to do holiday portraits this year that I need to catch up to my game if I don't want to prematurely introduce some new toddlers so I've got a bit of a time crunch now.) Anyway, Carrie and Gary are absolutely inseparable now. It's a good thing she's the youngest so she's inheriting the house anyway. And Mark and Harrison really were playing with Daisy's VoidCritters, not their own. I can't believe how quickly everyone in this town is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment