Thursday, December 13, 2018

Kauker 2: Round 18



Last round, the Kauker family got quite the surprise when they became the first family in town to experience weather. After becoming familiar with rain and thunderstorms, they also got to host the town's first holiday (Splash Fest). Meanwhile, both Gemini and Libra joined the new scout troop.


Hey, Leanna...

Leanna: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

Did I startle you?

Leanna: No, why?

Well, it looks like you just dumped half that container of pepper into your grilled cheese...that you're making at midnight.


Man, it's going to be a busy week around here...with a whole lot of mysterious weather.


And I see you guys have been doing some re-decorating.

Gemini: Uh-huh! We added a whole upstairs and now that's where our rooms are!


Libra: Gemini, come see what I made for HarvestFest! I'm gonna get my arts and crafts badge for sure!

Gemini: Not now, Libra...I have to finish my homework.



Good choice, Gemini...


And just in time, too...


Ok, one more shot of you both as kids...


Chimney: So are you worried about going to high school?

Gemini: Eh, not really. I mean, I would be if I wasn't going to be bigger too...


Well, let's get that part taken care of. Happy birthday, dear Gemini...


Well, we'll have to discuss what "big" means, but ok...


Um...is it normal to get gray hair as a teenager?


Much better. Now it's present time!


Galaxy: I can't believe my first little girl is almost all grown up...

Libra: Don't worry, Daddy...I'm still little...


Yeah, well, we'd better head home before you have a little ice sculpture...


Is it just me, or has the whole town been on a fitness kick this round?

Galaxy: Just trying to get ahead of HarvestFest...



Leanna: Can you believe it? We have a teenager!

Galaxy: Yeah...you think we're getting old?

Leanna: No...do you?

Galaxy: Well, I know my knees never used to hurt this much after running on a treadmill...


Well, one of you is certainly about to get older...


Happy birthday, dear Leanna...


I'm assuming you look exactly the same....

Leanna: Pretty much...


Good, because we've got some cooking and decorating to do.


Nice going, Galaxy...



I guess you can really enjoy the holiday now.


Libra: Dad...what are they doing?

Galaxy: Well, see, that one runs...and then everyone else runs after him for about 30 seconds. And then they stop and talk for five minutes about what they did during that 30 seconds.

Libra: Why do people watch this?

Galaxy: ...You know, I don't know...



Um...did the turkey scare you?

Galaxy: No...I just didn't expect it to be so hot.

You didn't expect something to be hot...coming out of the oven...


Let's hope Galaxy discovers oven mitts soon...


Planet: Hey, man! Happy HarvestFest!

Galaxy: You too. Where are the kids?

Planet: I think Jessie's still wrangling them outside...how's life with a teenager in the house? Is she giving you a run for your money yet?

Galaxy: So far, so good...

Planet: Just wait...pretty soon you'll have two. Man, I'm glad I only have one girl...

Poe: Don't remind me...

Speaking of...are there any more triplet color changes I should be aware of?

Poe: No, everybody's normal today. We made sure of that. 


Libra: You guys should have changed colors again! That was so much fun!

Aurora: Dad said we can't do that at other people's houses.

Libra: Aww...I still can't believe that everyone fell for it! I wish Gemini and I had thought of that when she was still a kid.


Leanna: Dinner's ready, everyone...

There is no way that one turkey is going to feed all these people...


Libra: Mom, is there any more left?

Leanna: Um...not exactly? But I think there's some salad left over...

Just what all kids want...more vegetables.


And I guess Eclipse has decided to provide the music for the occasion...

Gemini: If you can call it that...


Aww, and look at all the Kaukers all grown up...um, Galaxy? You might want to take a look in the mirror.


Luckily there's another day off to rest.


Libra: Mom? Why do I have to give the gnome a pie?

Leanna: Because the gnome likes pie, honey.

Libra: He's holding a slice of cake, though...


Libra: Wait, no...I tried to give you cake but my mom said pie...please don't break my stuff...

You know, I really need to look into this gnome thing more. Surely there must be some lore about why begging lawn ornaments not to destroy things is a holiday tradition.


Galaxy: So who broke the TV this time?

Gemini: I bet the gnome did it when Libra fed it wrong.

Libra: Hey! It's not my fault! Mommy said to give it pie instead of cake!


At least something went right for Libra today.


And I guess she took her sister's example of waiting until the very last minute...


Rey: Happy birthday, Libra!

Padme: Couldn't we have had this party somewhere inside? I'm so cold our here...um...I mean...Happy birthday...


Gemini: Can you believe it?

Sprite: I know! I mean, who could be that dumb? They're bees! 

Care to fill me in?

Gemini: There's this guy who started making these videos online about him doing all this really dumb stuff...everyone at school thinks it's hilarious.

Sprite: Last week he went up to one of those boxes where you get honey and hit it with a stick.

Uh-huh...remind me to keep an eye on the bee boxes around here...

Gemini: Ugh, you sound just like my mom. We know not to do it. We're not little kids...


Speaking of...Happy birthday, dear Libra...


Well, I guess she's got enough cousins around to help out with that. Although the traits seem like an odd match.


And again with the gray hair? Is there something you guys need to tell me?


I hope there's some hair dye in that box...


Flick: Check it out...this kid tried the bee challenge and got totally messed up!

Libra: I can't believe anyone would film themselves doing that...like, why?

Well, people do weird stuff to become famous...

Sunshine: Huh?

Libra: What's famous?

(sigh) Trust me, by the time I get back here again you'll know. But for now I really have to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, both Kauker girls are teens! Hard to believe, isn't it? (And I really don't know what was up with the gray hair...). Anyway, one of the silver linings to being so far ahead in game than here is I can drop hints about upcoming (or recently released) packs way in advance. Get Famous stuff won't actually show up for quite awhile, but I figured the first ones to hear about it should be the teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment