Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Bernard 1: Round 8


Last round, Trinidad and Darlene expanded their family when Darlene gave birth to her second set of twins, Croix and Bermuda. Although older sisters Aruba and Jamaica weren't happy at first about the babies moving into their space, the promise of their own rooms quickly erased their anger. Meanwhile, Trinidad secretly worked to give Jamaica a special present once he noticed her budding musical skills. 


Darlene: Hi there, honey!

Bermuda: Hi Mommy! Guess what? I just found a frog!

Darlene: That's great!

Bermuda: Do you wanna take it to work tomorrow?

Darlene: Well, I don't know that I need any frogs...but I could sure use some nice crystals. Do you think you could find me one of those?

Bermuda: Sure!


Story time?

Bermuda: Uh-huh! But this book isn't very good...

What are you reading her?

Darlene: Um...Woodworking: Level 3.

Oh, yeah...that's a classic bedtime story right there.

Matthew: I told you to go with the fitness one...


Not you too...

Darlene: I don't know what you have against this thing. This ray gun is awesome. Besides, what else are we supposed to do with these stupid eggs you hid everywhere?

This again...for the last time...wait, what's that smell?


Aruba: I did it!

Did what?

Aruba: I created 5 different potions and didn't start 1 fire!

Nice going...


Just in time, too...


Wow, that looks really nice.

Erin: Thank you. I was just reminiscing about our trip to Granite Falls. I wish we could have gone back-the woods were so beautiful.


Congratulations, Matthew! That's quite a feat at your age.

Matthew: Thanks.


Speaking of age...Happy birthday, dear Jamaica...


Well, I'm not crazy about the glasses but otherwise not bad. Have you picked an aspiration yet?


Jamaica: I want to have a really strong family.

Ok...successful lineage it is.


Happy birthday, dear Aruba...


Man, we are not lucking out with the accessories today. How about an aspiration for you?



Aruba: I want a lot of kids!

We'll have to talk about what "a lot" means but ok...


And I guess now you can actually use your birthday gift...

Jamaica: It's not that much harder than violin was.


Croix: Dad, how did you learn to fix radios?

Trinidad: Practice. I started learning how to fix sinks and build little sculptures. I even built our dining room set when I was just a little older than you.


Croix: When I'm big, can you teach me to build stuff too?

Trinidad: Sure...I think that would be fun. But you're still a bit too young. 



Darlene: Oh, hi Jakob...here, drink this.

Jakob: What is it?

Darlene: Oh, it's this new serum I invented...I just want to test it out.

Jakob: Then why don't you drink it?

Darlene: Um...because I'm afraid it would react with my...other new serum that I tested a few minutes ago.


Looks like the serum turned out ok. Congratulations, Darlene:

Darlene: Thanks.


Matthew: Huh?

Matthew, you might want to move...


Too late...well, at least since he's an elder there's no chance of a new family member...I hope.



Aruba: Ow! This cooking stuff is hard!

Jamaica: How does this thing work, anyway?

Glad to see you two are starting to take more responsibility...just please don't burn the house down.


Uh-oh...


Looks like we need to say good-bye to Matthew...


And it also looks like  Grimmy gets a two for one deal...


Bye, Erin...


Bermuda: You're done now, right?

Grimmy: I suppose...


Sorry about your parents, Trinidad.

Trinidad: I just can't stop crying. I keep thinking about that time we all went camping when I was a teenager, and...hey, that's it!

What's it?


Do you really think this is the best time for a family vacation?


I guess so...


Yeah, this looks like such a fun time...


Darlene: Jamaica, where's your sister?

Jamaica: If you mean Bermuda, she's crying in the tent. Why did we come here?

Darlene: Your father seems to think it will help everyone feel better...


Bermuda: Ew! There's bugs everywhere.

Great, not only is everyone depressed they're also being eaten alive...at least Trinidad must be having fun, right?


Trinidad: I just wanted to give them the same memories I had...is that so wrong?

Park Ranger: Um...so do you not need information about our activity schedule?


Um...Darlene? Are you ok?

Darlene: Huh? Oh, yeah...I mean, I just tried the berries from that bush over there, and suddenly everything got all...whoa!

You better go lie down...


Bermuda: Mommy, there's bugs in the bathroom!

Darlene: There's bugs in the bathroom, Dad.

Trinidad: Come on, guys! I know it's a little rustic, but...huh...

What?

Trinidad: Something's weird...


Whoa! I didn't think you could age up here...





Well, congratulations Trinidad...

Trinidad: Thanks.

Darlene: Say, why don't we cook dinner on one of those campfires over there to celebrate?


Bermuda: This is kind of fun...and there aren't as many bugs at night.

Darlene: I guess you're right.


Bermuda: When Mommy ate those berries she looked like this...

Darlene: Ok, ok...I know. Lesson learned.


At it looks like Jamaica's putting that musical ability to good use...


Aruba: What was that? Sorry, my sister's singing and I can't get any service out here. Yeah, I know. It's awful. Luckily we go home tomorrow.

Well, almost everybody...I guess I'll catch up with you guys next round back home.



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: This family is really starting to grow on me. Bermuda and Criox are adorable. These guys were really miserable for the first few days of their camping trip. I honestly didn't know that Sims could still age up in Granite Falls; sometimes I still have a hard time keeping the little differences between TS2 and TS4 straight. And Jamaica is the first Sim I've had that actually sounds good when singing with the guitar-for awhile I thought that all Sims sang badly as a joke and was actually disappointed they didn't bring back the recognizable "campfire" songs like they had in the original Sims game, but it turns out that your Sims just have to have decent guitar skills. Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment