Sunday, December 20, 2015

Palmer 1: Round 8



Last round, Madison and Blair Palmer entered the dating world. Madison fared better than her sister, Blair, who was still conflicted about concealing her true identity. Meanwhile, Finley continued to work at his comedy skills and Reginald's last days somehow stretched out through the entire week.


Um, Reginald? I'm glad you're taking the initiative to cook, but should you really be throwing knives in the air?

Reginald: Why not? I'm immortal!

Blair: Uh-uh...sure you are.

Immortal?

Blair: Oh, he thinks he's immortal now since he's managed to stick around longer than all of his friends.


Nice cake...what's the occasion?

Finley: It's the twin's birthday. I can't believe they're all grown up. It seems like just yesterday when I...I mean...

Finley, I think you can stop that now.


Madison: Thanks for coming over! Come on in, the party's about to start.

Stratus: Wouldn't have missed it for the world...




Happy birthday dear Madison...





And nothing changed! Alright...


Madison: So, when did you want to move in?

Stratus: Move in? I thought I was just coming over for the party.

Madison: Well, you were. But since you're already here, and we're both the same age now...


Welcome to the family, Stratus.


Oh, right. This was a double birthday. Happy birthday Blair...





So you don't have a boyfriend to move in, do you?

Blair: (sigh) No, thanks for reminding me.

Well, you can pick a career at least.


Blair: I want to be a painter.

Ok, that should bring in some extra cash.


Madison: Oh, Stratus...thank you! It's beautiful.

Stratus: It's a thank you present for letting me move in. I was really nervous about starting a house of my own.


Stratus: Madison, there's something I've been meaning to ask you...


Stratus: Will you marry me?

Wow, Stratus...nice of you to dress up for the occasion.


Madison doesn't seem to mind, though.


Looks like it's time to plan a wedding!


Maison: Guess what? Stratus and I are getting married!

Blair: That's...great! Fast, but great!

Madison: Oh, don't worry. I'm sure it will happen for you eventually...


Finally...I mean...oh, no...


Bye, Reginald...


I can't help but notice that you guys don't seem that distraught

Stratus: Well he wasn't exactly the nicest guy...why exactly did he live here, again?

Blair: You know, I'm not really sure...he's just always been here.

Because the twins' um...aunt, I guess, wanted to get married...but never actually did...come to think of it, I don't know either.

Madison: Really, we just let him stay because he was good at fixing stuff.


Stratus: Are those pictures of you and your sister?

Madison: Oh, um...yeah. I thought I got them all out of here.

Stratus: You know, my sister Rain looked like that when she was born. 

Madison: She did?

Stratus: Yeah. I'm not sure what Mom did, but...she's pretty normal now. As normal as a little sister ever is, anyway. 



Well, now that the grumpy handyman is gone I guess it's time for a wedding.





Man, I need to start paying more attention to everybody's formal wear...








Rain: You really want to take a selfie of that outfit?

Cirrus: Laugh all you want to...this is an incredible look.

Rain: Yeah, incredibly stupid.

The joys of having all your teenage siblings at your wedding...


Whoa, whoa, whoa...slow down you two. The guests haven't been gone 5 minutes!


Stratus: So last night was fun...

Madison: Yeah...about that...I think it may have actually been too fun...


Well, that was fast.

Madison: I guess I should get a job now that I'm going to be a mother.

It might help.


Ah, yes. The ideal career for a pregnant woman...


Oops...why do I always miss the elder birthdays?


Sorry about that Finley.



Madison: Ugh...maybe running on the treadmill wasn't the best idea.

Why were you running anyway?

Madison: Since I can't do much at work, I'm trying to build up skills at home. I even bought a practice kit...


You're building a rocket?

Madison: Oh, I'm sure it won't actually work. It's just for me to learn.

Uh-huh...



Looks like you'll have to pick that back up later. It's baby time!


Stratus: Don't worry, honey. Let me just wrap these up and we'll head for the hospital. 

Looks like Stratus was getting some practice time in too.


Stratus: Ok...where do we go? What do we do? 

Madison: Maybe that big sign that says "Main Entrance"?

Stratus: Oh, right...


Doctor: Ok, now just relax...you won't feel a thing.


And this house finally gets a naming theme!


Well...he sure looks familiar.

Stratus: I guess we should have expected this.


Madison: Don't worry honey. We'll start working with him as soon as he's old enough.

Stratus: Working with him?

Madison: You know, to help him be like the other kids. Like Blair and I, or like your sister.



Stratus: Huh...you know, he seems just like any normal baby. I don't know how much work he'll need...



Stratus: Hi Mom! Glad you could come.

Jenifer: Of course! I wanted to meet my new grandson. 

Stratus: Um...yeah, about him...Mom, remember when you first had Rain?

Jenifer: Uh-huh...is Nemo...like Rain?

Stratus: Sort of...

Jenifer: Oh, don't worry about that, honey. Once he grows up  at bit you'll be able to take care of it.

Stratus: Yeah, that's what Madison said.


How are you doing, Blair?

Blair: Oh, just fine. Just painting here in my room...alone.

Don't worry, I'm sure things will pick up for you next week. But for now, I've got to be moving on. I'll see you next round.





A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Reginald is finally gone! I'm not sure why he was able to hang on so long. I have to admit I do miss having him around to fix everything, but other than that he was kind of an annoyance. I'm also not sure exactly how alien Nemo is; from what I understand Sims can be 1/2 alien so we'll see what happens when Nemo grows up. And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about Blair. Her love interest just has to catch up with her a bit in the age department.


No comments:

Post a Comment