Thursday, December 24, 2015

Bernard 1: Round 9


Last round started off pretty rough for the Bernards, as Trinidad's parents Erin and Matthew passed away from old age. Consumed by grief, Trinidad decided the best thing to do was to take his family on a vacation to the same campsite he and his parents visited during his teen years. At first, the family didn't exactly enjoy mourning in the woods; however, by the end of the trip things had started to turn around.


Hi, guys!

Bermuda: Hi, mysterious voice!

Helping your sister with her aspiration?

Aruba: I'm helping her learn to play better so she can beat Croix.


Hi, Darlene!

Darlene: Oh, hello.

How's the garden?

Darlene: It's ok. I still have to brush up on my herbalist skill so I can plant this stuff I brought back from the woods.

Why?

Darlene: How can I plant it if I don't know what it is?

Um...put it in the ground?


Croix: Mom, can I have some candy?

Darlene: Ok, but just one. Your sister is cooking dinner.


Um...about that...

Darlene: Oh my...


Darlene: Don't worry honey, I'll put you out!

What was she making?

Darlene: Spaghetti! How do you set pasta on fire?


Too much candy, perhaps?



Man, Darlene is still a young adult? It's been a busy life stage...


Shouldn't you two be upstairs for the party?

Aruba: Mom's baking her cake. She said she doesn't want us using the stove until we learn to cook.

That's probably a good idea...

Aruba: It was an accident!


Happy birthday, dear Darlene...



So, do you feel any different?

Darlene: Not really...


Man, what is up with you guys and the fire?

Trinidad: It's ok, it's...supposed to do that!

Uh-huh...sure it is.



Trinidad: Hi, honey! How was school?

Bermuda: Good. Where's Mommy?

Trinidad: She's still at the lab...but she should be home soon.


And with a promotion at that. Congratulations, Darlene.


Darlene: Oh, it's so exciting! I can't believe I get to work in the Ufology department!

Trinidad: That's great, honey!

Darlene: I'm sorry I'm not home more. You're sure you don't mind being a stay at home dad?

Trinidad: Not at all. I love being able to do my woodworking during the day. It's getting pretty profitable, too.


You're getting pretty good at that.

Jamaica: Thanks. I think I'm going to be able to write my own songs soon.


Darlene: Oh, hi...you're Noah's daughter, right?

Rain: Yeah, um...I just stopped by to...um...

Darlene: You're dad's in the other room with the invention constructor. 

Rain: Oh, thanks...


Birthday time!


Invited a friend for the big day?

Bermuda: This is Ezekiel.

Why don't any of your friends have names I can spell?


Happy birthday, dear Croix...


Not bad. Have you picked an aspiration?



Croix: I want to learn about computers!

Ok, that's a new one!


Happy birthday, dear Bermuda...


Also not bad...(other than my screenshot skills, that is.) How about an aspiration for you?


Bermuda: I want to fish, like my grandma did.

Ok, that's very do-able.


And I guess this is why we invited Ezekiel over...


Ok so he's a balding teenager. We'll fix it.


Trinidad: Darlene? Are you coming to bed?

Darlene: In a minute.

Trinidad: I don't know why you spend so much time out here. You didn't even know my grandparents.


Well, I could have expected this.

Aruba: Expected what?

Well, we've got a set of twin girls and a set of twin boys, and they live next door to one another...

Aruba: I still don't see what you're getting at.

Tell you what, I'll just let you and Trout get back to what you were doing, and I'll see you guys next round.



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Not too eventful this round. I was kind of sad I wasn't able to get Bermuda and Croix their aspirations-I think that time spent in the woods worked against them. Darlene really is obsessed with the family graveyard in back-it must be her gloomy trait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment