Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hannon 1: Round 8



Last round, Alyssa and Aiden expanded their family one more time when their daughter, Tetra, joined her 4 older brothers. Meanwhile, oldest son Marlin grew from a child to a teen. Alyssa continued to progress in the medical career, while Aiden honed his cooking and mixology skills.


Hi, Alyssa!

Alyssa: ...Oh, hi mysterious voice.

What are you up to so early?

Alyssa: I'm...doing some research.

About what?

Alyssa: Do you remember when Rain came to see me at the hospital awhile back? And how her tests all had those weird results?

Yeah...

Alyssa: I think something's wrong with her DNA...I'm trying to find other instances of this in medical journals but all I can find are crazy rants about aliens. I just wish Noah would tell me what's going on.   


Well, it looks like you'll have to put the research on hold for right now. We've got a house call!


Oh, the Palmers....does this mean Reginald...

Blair: No, unfortunately not...

Finely: Blair!

Blair: What? Anyway, they're inside...


Wait...she doesn't live here!

Reginald: Some way to repay a host...they all come over and almost drop dead. I'm not paying the bill for this, I'll tell you that much!


So, we treated 3 people, none of whom lived in the house. A bit odd, but ok...


How's the yoga going?

Alyssa: Oh, fine.

May I ask how one finds time for yoga with 5 kids and a job as a doctor?

Alyssa: It's easier now that they're older...they kind of entertain each other.

And I suppose having a live in grandma doesn't hurt?

Alyssa: That too.



Nice job, guys!


Like I was saying...Erica, how do you still have energy to keep up with this?

Erica: I'm not really sure...must be all the health food Alyssa keeps churning out.


Right, the wellness kick. I see that's still going strong.


Nice job, Aiden...


Trout: You know, I saw a real sea monster in the pool!

Tetra: You did not!

Trout: I did so! It had red eyes, and huge teeth...and it only eats girls.


Erica: Don't you pay attention to your brother. He's just teasing you. The pool is perfectly safe...

Tetra: Ok, if you say so...


Again?

Alyssa: I don't understand why this keeps happening...this is a new sink!

Upgrading didn't help?

Alyssa: No! I'm telling you, the plumbing in this town is awful. When are you going to fix this?

As I keep telling you, I have no control over the plumbing.


At least Alyssa had a good day at work. 


Aiden: Ugh, stupid sink!

Erica: Aiden...I think I'm going to go for a walk in the garden...

Aiden: Uh-huh...have fun...


Uh-oh...I didn't know it was that kind of walk...


Oh, no...she's on the sidewalk...


Oh, come on...I don't think I can take another "neighborhood ghost"...


Look, I know this is kind of a touchy moment but if you all could just move over a few steps to the left...


Alyssa: Hey, everyone, I'm home...oh, no...Erica?

Grimmy: Yup. About two hours ago.

Alyssa: And you're still here?

Grimmy: I got caught up in this show...

I guess the world of the dead doesn't have cable. 


Tetra: I miss Grandma so much!

Trout: It'll be ok...

Nothing like a family tragedy to erase sibling rivalry...


Huh...this is new...


Alyssa: Ok, ok...step back everybody...

Are you really ready to handle an emergency? You've never done surgery before.

Alyssa: Well, there's a first time for everything, I guess...


Mackerel: But Dad, who's going to play with us now that Grandma died? She was always the sea monster!

Aiden: Well, maybe Marlin can be the sea monster.

Where is Marlin, anyway?

Aiden: He hasn't been taking the loss well. He's been in his room, mostly.


Tetra: Disgust, where to you think you go when you die?

Disgust: I don't know...Mom said that once she saw her dad's ghost. Maybe you don't go anywhere.

I hate to interrupt this philosophical discussion, but maybe you two shouldn't be lying down in the middle of the road?


Well, I guess art was a good source of therapy for Salmon. Nice job.


And just in time, too. Happy birthday, dear Trout...


Not bad...have you chosen an aspiration?


Trout: I want to know everything!

Ok, nerd brain it is!


Happy birthday dear Salmon...


Again, not bad. How about your aspiration?


Salmon: I want to prank people!

Well, that's a new one...Tell you what, why don't you go ahead and get started with that on your own. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message from the Mysterious Voice: And Round 8 begins! Seeing Erica go was really sad. Her and Tetra were especially close, so she was very distraught all week. And I only realized while typing this blog that I completely ignored Marlin for most of the week. It wasn't intentional, the kids just had more going on. And this was a week full of firsts for the doctor career. I still don't get why when you go on a house call you end up treating random townies, but whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment