Sunday, December 20, 2015

Howard 1: Round 8


Last round, Joy's now live-in boyfriend Cason quickly became the family chef, providing more baked goods than the family could ever need. Before the two could even co-ordinate a wedding, Joy became pregnant and soon Disgust had joined the family. Meanwhile, Joy's mother Maura became an elder, and everybody continued to progress in their respective careers.


(clears throat)

Justin: Oh, hi there mysterious voice.

Hi there. How's everybody doing?

Marlene: Oh, we're all just fine...


Disgust: Uncle Justin? Can we go to the park?

Justin: Why don't you ask your mom to take you?

Disgust: Everybody else has work today. I want to stay for a long time and play on the jungle gym.

Justin: Ok...let's go.


Looks like Disgust is making a few friends.


Disgust: Look what I can do now!

Nice. 



Hey, look who's here too!

Disgust: Wanna race? I bet I can make it across before you!

These two are too cute...


Nice job, but I see you're still working at night.

Cason: Yeah, it's ok though. I'm a bit of a night owl anyway.

But doesn't that get in the way of wedding planning?

Cason: Eh, it will happen eventually. It kind of seems pointless now that we already have a kid.





Huh?


Oops, sorry Marlene.

Marlene: It's ok. I barely knew it was coming myself.


Cason: Sorry I never got a chance to make you a cake...I made some more bagels, though. These are blueberry.

Marlene: Cason, you're baking faster than we can eat. Maybe you should try something else?

Cason: Actually, I got something new today...



What is that?

Cason: It's my new ice cream maker!

You're making ice cream now?

Cason: Yeah.


Cason: Mmm...this is really good. You want some?

I'm not sure that's possible...anyway, I think I hear something happening outside.


Uh-oh...


Looks like it's time to say goodbye to Justin...and he's going out in his business suit.


And he fell on the grass! No neighborhood ghost this time.

Maura: Is that all you care about?

Um...I mean...what a tragic moment?

Maura: Ugh...how are we going to tell Disgust when she gets home?

Cason: Don't worry, I got it covered...


Disgust: But Daddy...is Uncle Justin really gone forever?

Cason: Yes, honey...but here...Daddy made you some ice cream!

Yeah, this isn't setting her up for issues later in life or anything...


I'm sorry, Marlene...

Marlene: I was ok with us getting older, but I didn't expect this to happen so soon...


I guess all that time in the kitchen is paying off, at least.

Cason: Yeah, but I think I need to start learning how to mix drinks now. Ice cream doesn't go over too well at the bar.


Um...so, you see what I see, right?

Joy: Yes, but I'm not sure anyone else does.

Justin: Don't worry, I won't stay long. And what are you eating?

Joy: It's mango sorbet...

Justin: For breakfast?

I would think dessert would be every meal in this house.



Where are you going?

Joy: I'm taking Disgust over to the park. I figured if she got to play with other kids it might help her with feeling sad about her uncle.


Looks like it's working so far...just don't fall, ok?




How's the piano coming along?

Joy: It's coming along, but we're going to have to find another place to put it. We're going to have to remodel this part of the basement pretty soon for Cason's new bar.


Well, I hate to miss that but I have to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round! 


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another sad one. Deaths seem to come in spurts in this game.   This post also reinforced how far behind I am between playing and blogging-I played this lot right after Cool Kitchen came out. The ice cream maker is pretty fun, although it's getting harder and harder to keep these guys from gaining weight with all the dessert in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment