Sunday, December 20, 2015

Flenderson 2: Round 8


Last time, Noah and Jenifer's family continued to grow as even their youngest, Rain, entered high school. As Rain grew, she began to notice how different she was from her brothers. When she fooled around with her dad's wormhole generator, she began to suspect that she may not be from this world. Meanwhile, eldest son Stratus became a young adult and entered into the culinary career. Oh, and  of course Noah fired his ray gun a lot.


Yup, here we go again...


Nimbus: Dad! You need to cut this out. We have enough money now.

Noah: I know what I'm doing. Just run over there and get me some more crystals and stuff.


Nimbus: Um...hi.

Charley: Hi. Um...do you live around here?

Nimbus: Yeah, um...right back there. At the house with the...fire in the yard.

Charley: Is that like a campfire or something?

Nimbus: ...Yup. Yeah, it's a campfire. 

Charley: Well, I'll let you get back...nice meeting you.

Looks like Nimbus found something other than crystals...sorry I got you mixed up with your brother, though.






Yeah, let's go see what's up at the lab today. 


Trying to get better TV?

Noah: Not exactly...

So what is that thing for?

Noah: It's classified. Even I don't know all the details.


Rain: Mom?

Jennifer: What, hon?

Rain: We never finished talking the other day...about where I came from?

Jenifer: Oh, right...um...you know, I should really finish dinner first. But don't worry, honey. I promise we'll talk later...

Rain: But that's what you said yesterday...


At least things are going well at school for her.


All right...what are you two going to do?

Nimbus: We're going out!

Cirrus: There's a new club, and we're going to head down and hang out for awhile.

Are you inviting Charley?

Cirrus: Maybe...


Wow, this seems like a great time...rows and rows of chairs.

Cirrus: Well, it's meant to be a comedy club.

Shouldn't there be a comedian, then?


Looks like Rain tagged along, too. 

Rain: Actually, Mom sent me to bring the boys home. But since I'm here...hi, I'm Rain.


So how was the evening out?

Nimbus: Ok. But I think it would have been better if we went when someone was performing.

You think?


Rain: Dad, we need to talk.

Noah: Can it wait?

Rain: No. Dad, Am I an alien?

Noah: Uh...no, of course not. What a silly thing to ask...

Rain: Than why am I blue? 

Noah: Eh...you're not! 

Rain: Dad, we both know this is makeup. And I'm noticing other things, too...

Jenifer: Cake's ready!

Noah: (Whew!) Birthday time! Come on, Rain. Let's go watch your brothers blow out the candles.


Happy birthday, dear Nimbus...





Ok, bookworm, perfectionist, and geek. That makes sense...


Happy birthday, dear Cirrus...





As does geek, perfectionist, and neat.


Oh, looks like we've got a bonus birthday. Happy birthday dear Charley...



I don't suppose you're going to tell me what your new trait is, are you?

Charley: I don't see why I should-I don't even know who you are.


Cirrus: Um, hi? Do you remember me? We met at the comedy club.

Arielle: Oh, right...say, you've grown a bit.

Cirrus: Yup. 


Looks like that was all she needed.


And these two finally cemented things too.


Jenifer: Do you have a headache?

Arielle: Oh...um, yeah. It's been a long day.

Jenifer: Tell me about it. I can't believe I've only got one child left in school...


Speaking of...

Rain: Mom, it's ok. You can tell me. I just want to know.

Jenifer: (sigh) Ok, honey. The truth is that I didn't actually give birth to you. Your father did. You were born an alien.

Rain: How?

Jenifer: I'm still not sure, exactly. 

Rain: Wait...you said I was born an alien. Aren't I still one now?

Jenifer: Well, genetically, I suppose. But I think we did a good job teaching you how to blend in.

Rain: Blend in...right...




Looks like we have some moving to do before I head out. Nimbus goes with Charley...


...and Cirrus with Arielle. Ok, looks like we'll finally have some new houses in round 9! See you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, confession time. I labeled the twins wrong at some point while playing this lot, but I'm not exactly sure where. I may have labeled Nimbus as Cirrus in the beginning, or I may have messed up later on when they both entered into their relationships. It's a good thing they're going to their own homes so I can tell them apart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment