Thursday, December 24, 2015

Hannon 1: Round 9

Alright, time to kick off round 9! As always, we start with the Hannon family.


Last round was a sad one for the Hannons. Grandma Erica finally succumbed to old age, and her absence was felt throughout the house. This was especially true for parents Aiden and Alyssa, who had gotten used to having her around for child care for their 5 children. Alyssa continued to advance at the hospital, while Aiden continued to work at the culinary career. By the end of the week, middle children Trout and Salmon had grown from children into teenagers.


Hi, guys!

Tetra: Hi mysterious voice.

Why do you two look like you're up to something?

Mackerel: We're not. We promise.

Where are your mom and dad?

Tetra: Work. Mom has to be at the hospital super early now.

Ok, well, if I go check on her do you two promise to behave?

Mackerel: Yes, we promise. Besides, Trout and Salmon are babysitting.


Alyssa: Ok, honey...this will only hurt for a second.

Misty: Ow!

Alyssa: All done! So how's Mom doing?

Shouldn't she be here? You'd think if her daughter's at the hospital she'd be there too.

Alyssa: Huh...I never thought of that.


So this is babysitting?

Salmon: What? They've got a TV. They're fine!


Maybe there'll be more supervision at Disgust's house.



Disgust: Hi! Thanks for coming over!

Tetra: I can't stay long. It's my mom's birthday and I have to be home for the party.

It is?



I guess it is.


Happy birthday, dear Alyssa...


I see we're still going with the health cake.

Alyssa: I think everyone has gotten used to it by now.

Uh-huh...





Salmon: Dude, check it out!

Trout: What?

Salmon: It's this website I found...it's by this girl from another town. Looks like they have a weird voice that talks to them too.

Trout: Huh...I wonder if that voice knows our voice.

You know, I think it's time I went and checked on Alyssa at work...


Again? What is going on around here?


Have you been trained for surgery yet?

Alyssa: Do you have to be here? You're distracting me.

Ok, fine. I'll see you back at home.


Huh?


Oops, I guess we missed Mackerel's birthday.


Sorry about missing your birthday, Mackerel.

Mackerel: Oh, I'm not even that sad about that. I just wish I wasn't stuck with this little kid furniture anymore.

I'll see what I can do.


Wait...you were performing surgery before you were even a doctor?

Alyssa: It was an emergency!

Ok, ok. Congratulations.

Alyssa: Thank you.


Aiden: Congratulations on the promotion!

Alyssa: Thanks.

Aiden: I just wish I could get promoted that fast. It seems like it's taking me 3 times as long...

Alyssa: Oh, honey, don't worry! It will get easier. Besides, we're doing fine. It's not like we're desperate for a bigger paycheck.





Looks like we've got another birthday...it's just one big growth spurt around here this week.


Happy birthday dear Marlin...


Not bad...


Hmm...a cheerful, romantic geek. A very interesting combo.


Happy birthday, dear Tetra...


Not crazy about the hat...but otherwise ok. Have you picked a grown-up aspiration yet?


Tetra: I want to be a collector!

Awesome, that one's easy!


Trout: See? Their voice is just like our voice. I wish I could meet these guys. I would have so much to talk about...

Tetra: Like what? These guys seem weird. Look, some of them are orange. And why are they leaving their babies on the floor?




Hey, look! Aiden got promoted! Congrats, Aiden.

Aiden: Thanks.


And it looks like Marlin has finally caught up to his love interest...


Aww...


Marlin: Blair, will you marry me?

Blair: I thought you would never ask! Yes!


Seems a little anti-climatic after you just got engaged, but ok...


So when are you two getting married?

Marlin: Well, I want to get a career going before we set up our own house...

Blair: But soon!

Well, tell you what. Why don't you two start the planning, and I'll check in on you when I get to Blair's house. Right now I've got to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So many birthdays on this lot!  I still haven't gotten the timing down for how long I have between the "It's X's Birthday" message and when the sim auto-ages up. And I have noticed with this house that Sims in the active careers do progress much more quickly than those in normal ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment