Thursday, March 23, 2017

Bernard 3: Round 14



Last round, the Bernards finally wrapped up the toddler years when both Hosnian and Corellia aged to children. Unfortunately, this also meant saying goodbye to their daily nanny, Faith, which did not sit well with either Hosnian or Corellia. Meanwhile, older Alderaan continued to develop her relationship with Thunder Flenderson.


Well, I'm glad to see everybody made it back from the wedding in one piece. 

Aruba: Yup. Did you have a good time, Cori?

Corellia: I guess so...

Aruba: I just can't get over how grown up you and your brother look all dressed up...

Corellia: Ew, Mom...


Trout: Faith! What are you doing here?

Faith: I'm sorry, I think I may have left something over here the last time I came by.

Trout: Oh, well, ok...but just be quick before...


Corellia: Nanny Faith! You came back!

Too late.

Trout: Nanny Faith's just here for a little bit to pick up something, honey...

Corellia: So, you're not going to stay?

Faith: No, I'm afraid I can't. But you know what? I just remembered something we forgot to do the last time I was here.

Corellia: What?

Faith: I forgot to take a picture with all of you...do you think that's something we could do now?

Corellia: Can we, Dad?

Trout: Sure, sweetie. But go get dressed first. I'll go get my camera and grab your brother and sister.


Faith: Alright, Trout. We're ready when you are.

Trout: Ok, three....two...one...Got it!

Faith: Great. You'll have to be sure to send me a copy.

Trout: Will do. It was great seeing you...

Corellia: Do you really have to go?

Faith: I'm afraid so, honey. You be a good girl, now. Listen to Mommy and Daddy. You too, Hosnian.


Corellia: See? I told you she'd come back.

Alderaan: Cori, she came back over for a half an hour and we took a picture together. She's not coming back for good.

Corellia: We'll see...did you see how happy Dad was to see her too?


Trout: Well, that was fun to see Nanny Faith again, huh?

Corellia: Yeah...Dad, can we please...



Trout: Corellia, we've been over and over this. We cannot afford to keep paying a babysitter you don't need...

Corellia: But I do need her...

Trout: No, you don't. You're a big girl now. And besides, it's not like you're never going to see her again. We can still be friends with her...

Corellia: But I want her here every day like before!

Trout: I'm sorry, Corellia, but that's not going to happen...


Hi there, Trout.

Trout: Oh, hi...

Making some breakfast?

Trout: Yeah...mostly for Alderaan. I don't think that girl is eating enough.

She seems fine to me...I know she was trying to slim down a little...

Trout: Yeah, but have you seen some of the stuff she's been eating? It doesn't even look like food.


Trout: Sure you don't want some bacon and eggs?

Alderaan: No, I'm ok...

Trout: What is that, anyway?

Alderaan: It's yogurt and granola...it's healthier.

Trout: Whatever you say...


Trout: Wanna come watch this with me? Get off that thing for awhile?

Alderaan: I can see it fine from here, Dad. Thanks.


Corellia: So, is running on that thing fun?

Alderaan: Yeah, sort of...

Hosnian: Then why do you have to watch a movie at the same time?

Alderaan: Well, it's not exactly the same kind of fun as a movie...

Corellia: Sounds boring to me.

Hosnian: Yeah, me too...





Nice going, Trout.

Trout: Thanks.


Wow, it's been awhile since you've played your violin.

Alderaan: Yeah, I know. I feel like I'm a little rusty.

Decided to give the treadmill a rest for a little while?

Alderaan: Yeah, just for today. My legs are really starting to hurt.

Is it working?

Alderaan: I think so...Leia keeps saying I need to stop wearing such baggy clothes so I can see it more.


Hosnian: Mom, can I try running on the treadmill?

Aruba: No, honey. Not until you're older. You could slip and get hurt.

Hosnian: Aw, man...but Alderaan does it!

Aruba: Tell you what, how about I get you kids your own violins? Alderaan does that, too.

Hosnian: Ok!


Corellia: Wow, that sounds so pretty...how come mine doesn't sound like that?

Alderaan: You just need more practice, that's all.

Corellia: You think you can teach me to play like that?

Alderaan: I think I need a bit more practice myself before I can teach people.


Corellia: Yeah, so I'm pretty much the best violin player ever.

Jasmin: That's not what the music teacher at school says.

Corellia: Well, after my sister gives me lessons I will be...


You may want to ask Alderaan for those lessons sooner rather than later, Corellia...


Isn't it a bit early to start cooking for the party?

Aruba: I have to work, and Trout gets home just before the party starts. I don't want Alderaan to have to worry about any of this stuff. This way she can just grab the stuff from the fridge and head to the arcade.


Well, we'd better get down there too. It's party time.



Aww, all the cousins came this time...wow, Alderaan, you do look great...

Leia: told you...that hoodie wasn't doing you any favors.

Alderaan: Are you sure?

Bahama: For the last time, you look amazing. Look, Thunder just got here...


Alderaan: Hey...

Thunder: Hey, yourself. Happy Birthday!

Alderaan: Thanks...um...there's chips and salad on the table over there...we'll have the cake in a little bit.

Thunder: I can't wait...



Ok, I guess we have to get one of all the little cousins first...Hosnian, what on Earth are you wearing on your head?

Hosnian: What? It's my bear hat, I like it!

Trout: Come on, kids. Time for cake!


Happy birthday, dear Alderaan...


I guess losing all that weight gave her an added dose of confidence.


Haiti: Can we eat the cake now?

Alderaan: Yes, we can eat the cake...


Thunder: See? I told you it wouldn't be that long.

Alderaan: It felt like forever...

Thunder: Come on. Let me get the birthday girl a drink...


Corellia: Hey! Where'd you find that?

Bahama: I brought it...

Corellia: But...you're big. I thought big kids didn't play with toys anymore. 

Bahama: Says who? Besides, all the good video games are taken. You bring anything with you?

Corellia: I brought my squid...

Bahama: Great...go get it! 

Corellia: Wow, I think you're my favorite cousin!


Thunder: This was a really great party...

Alderaan: Thanks...but it's not quite over yet...


Thunder: We're really doing this in a room surrounded by balloons and streamers?

Alderaan: I'm sorry, I can't wait anymore...Thunder, will you marry me?


Thunder: Are you kidding? Yes, of course!


Thunder: Worth the wait?

Alderaan: Totally.


What happened to the dollhouse?

Aruba: Well, I don't know for sure...it was in pieces on the ground when I got home from work. But I have an idea...


Aruba: Corellia, do you know what happened to the dollhouse?

Corellia: No...

Aruba: Are you sure there's nothing you want to tell me?

Corellia: Um...maybe I hit it a little when I was mad...

Aruba: Corellia, that dollhouse belongs to you and Hosnian. I don't think it was very nice of you to break it...


Corellia: I didn't mean to break it...

Aruba: I know you didn't. But Corellia, tomorrow is your sister's wedding and I need both of you to be on your best behavior...

Corellia: I don't want to go to the stupid wedding anyway. 

Aruba: But you had so much fun at Luke and Cindy's wedding...

Corellia: Yeah, but Luke and Cindy didn't live here. Alderaan does. And once she marries Thunder she's going to leave too, just like Nanny Faith!


Aruba: Corellia, Alderaan has to move out eventually. It's what happens when you grow up. 

Corellia: Well, I don't like it!

Aruba: Well, to tell you the truth, I don't like it either. I wish all three of you could stay here forever. But that's not the way things work. Plus, you know, Alderaan moving out isn't going to be all bad. You'll finally have your own room...

Corellia: I will?

Aruba: Yes! And guess what? You know how we got all your stuff to match Alderaan's? After the wedding, we can re-decorate it any way you want.

Corellia: Really?

Aruba: Really. But, right now, I want you to go apologize to your brother for breaking the dollhouse.

Corellia: (sigh) OK, Mommy...


Corellia: I'm sorry I broke the dollhouse...

Hosnian: It's ok. I just pretended there was a tornado until Mommy fixed it.


Corellia: I wish Alderaan didn't have to move out-even if I do have to share a room.

Hosnian: I know. I don't either. But I'll still be here-I'm not grown up yet.

Corellia: Hey...are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Hosnian: What?

Corellia: If Alderaan moves out...and we're both not grown up yet...maybe Nanny Faith can come back again!

Hosnian: Oh, yeah...


Just couldn't wait until the wedding to see each other?

Alderaan: Actually, Thunder's going to be at work. I'm going over some wedding planning stuff with his mom.

Oh...well, I guess it's probably important to get to know them too.


Alderaan: Aww, he's so cute...is this Lightning's little boy?

Rain: Yes...I think he likes you. Come on, let's go talk in the kitchen.


Rain: I'm so happy for you and Thunder...

Alderaan: Thank you...

Rain: So, have you decided on a place yet?

Alderaan: We're probably having it in the city. The waterfront is beautiful...

Rain: Oh, that will be lovely...my friend Blair's daughter got married there just a little bit ago. Is there anything you'll need us to bring? I feel like we should at least be contributing something...

Alderaan: No, we're keeping it pretty simple as far as food goes.

Rain: Good idea. Trust me, those places charge you an arm and a leg for food...


Alderaan: Do you like it?

Aruba: It's beautiful...

Alderaan: I know lavender isn't the traditional color, but...

Aruba: No, it's great...and I think we all have something that will match...well, not match but...

Alderaan: Mom, you don't have to co-ordinate the entire family with my dress...

Aruba: It'll look great, you'll see...


So, today's the big day?

Alderaan: Uh-huh. I'm just calming my nerves a bit...

Aruba: Wow...

Alderaan: What?

Aruba: I just realized I'm never going to hear you play your violin in this house again...

Alderaan: You've got Cori's...

Aruba: Don't remind me. You'll come by and give her some lessons, won't you?

Alderaan: Of course...


Aruba: See? 

Alderaan: I have to admit it, you guys look great. Everybody ready to go?

Aruba: I think so...you got the camera, hon?

Trout: Yup!



Let's head down to the city!


Salmon: Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday we were at Luke's wedding and now here you are...

Alderaan: Actually, Uncle Salmon, it wasn't that long ago...Luke and Cindy just got back from their honeymoon...

Yeah, you guys really have wedding fever this round.


Thunder: I thought we'd never get here...

Alderaan: Me too...

















Trout: Ok, ladies, just one more...

Aruba: Honestly, Trout...we do have a party to get to inside...


Hey, look who came to the wedding!

Corellia: Nanny Faith!

Faith: I couldn't miss Alderaan's big day, now could I?

Corellia: Does that mean you're going to come to my wedding when I get big?

Faith: (laughs) Of course, dear...


Trout: I can't believe my baby girl is married...I'm getting so old...

Alderaan: You're not that old, Dad...


Corellia: Mommy! Look who came!

Aruba: I know, dear. I invited her. She took care of Alderaan too, you know. Faith, I just wanted to thank you for taking such good care of all three of them...

Faith: Oh, no thanks needed. They were a delight...and they're growing up so nicely. Alderaan is a lovely young woman...


Trout, I think you're getting a little camera happy...

Trout: What? I've got to get one of Thunder's side...

Hosnian: I want to be in it too!

Corellia: And me!

Trout: Kids, this is really one of Thunder's family...

Rain: Oh, it's alright...let them squeeze in...

Better take it fast there, Trout. Hosnian is squeezing right through the sofa arm.


Aruba: Are you two still wearing the same dress?

Leia: What?

Bahama: They're different colors...

Aruba: Ha...go figure. All these twins in our family and it's the cousins that end up dressing alike...


Looks like a fun party...and Bahama's even broken out her guitar.


Cindy: Wow, you guys know how to throw a party. This was even more fun than my wedding.

Leia: I'll bet it was less stressful, too...

Cindy: You can say that again.


Alderaan: So, admit it...

Trout: Admit what?

Alderaan: Aren't you glad now you listened to me and had another kid?

Trout: Yeah, you were right. Now you be careful, ok?

Alderaan: Dad, we're moving across town...besides, I'll be back. Someone has to teach Corellia how to play that violin.


Well, on that note, it's just about time for me to be moving on. I'll see you guys in round 15!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Ok, I think that should be it for the weddings now. I'm learning to love the various social events, but having so many of them in a row is exhausting-especially with families as big as these guys are.  (On a related note, I apologize about the gratuitous family group shots recently, but it's just too tempting when I have them all on one lot.) I am absolutely in love with Corellia-she's so much fun to write. Hopefully I'm able to keep some of her "wild" personality from toddlerhood as she grows up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment