Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Lytle 1: Round 14


Last round was a busy one for the Lytle family. Oldest son Moss grew into a young adult, and by the end of the week he had moved out on his own with his fiancee, Marylin. Meanwhile, middle children Hunter and Pine started high school, while the baby of the family Emerald grew to a child. Somehow, both Nimbus and Charley also found time to advance in their careers.


Hi, guys!

Forest: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

What's going on this morning?

Forest: Not much...

Nimbus: Hey, Forest, why don't you head out back and check on your brother? He's been out there for awhile.

Forest: What do you want me to do?

Nimbus: Just...see if he wants some company, I guess. I mean how long can you shoot baskets by yourself?


Hunter: Huh? What are you doing here?

Forest: Dad sent me out...he thought you might like some company.

Hunter: Oh, um...no, I'm fine.

Forest: You sure?

Hunter: Yeah, I just wanted to shoot some baskets...alone.

Forest: Um...ok, then.


So you're the family chef?

Forest: Well, chef is a strong word. But I'm the best out of the three of us at not making the stove catch fire.

Where's Mom and Dad?

Forest: Mom's asleep, and Dad's doing research for work. He asked that I keep everybody out of his hair for the afternoon.

Uh-huh...and how do you plan to do that?

Forest: We're all going down to the library. Emerald can burn off some energy on the jungle gym, and the rest of us can hang out in the teen lounge.


And not alone, I see. I think I remember Sonia from the Palmer's house. Who's your other friend?

Pine: This is Leigh. They were here when we got here, so we decided to show these guys how this game is played!

Sonia: Yeah, that's what you think...

I think I'll go check on Emerald before this gets too heated.


Man, Corellia's just making friends with everyone, isn't she?

Emerald: Hi...I'm Emerald.

Corellia: I'm Corellia.

Emerald: Want to play on the monkey bars? I'm the best at monkey bars.

Corellia: Um, that's impossible because I'm the best at monkey bars.

Emerald: Nah, I have monkey bars in my backyard so I can practice!

Corellia: So do I. I practice for an hour every day.

Emerald: I practice for two hours...

Corellia: I'll race you...

Emerald: You're on!


Rieko: Hello...are you guys enjoying yourselves?

Forest: Um, yeah. I'm sorry, you are...

Rieko: My name's Rieko. I'm the assistant librarian here.

Forest: I thought that guy downstairs was the librarian

Rieko: They brought me on when they added this upper level. I can't help but notice you're not joining in on the games with your...friends?

Forest: They're my brothers, actually. And I don't know, I'm just not feeling that into Don't Wake the Llama today.

Rieko: I know what you mean.

I think I'll leave these two to get better acquainted. 


Ok, that's it. This monster is clearly going to be around for awhile. I'm naming it.


Emerald, meet Marvin.


Emerald: Hi, Marvin...um, I don't think he wants to be my friend.

I never said he did.

Emerald: Mom! Marvin's back!

Charley: Who?


Charley: You know, I don't really appreciate you giving this "monster" a name. We're trying to convince her this thing isn't real.

Oh, trust me...it's real.

Charley: Ugh...


Charley: Now, remember. I'm going to be at work until very late. I'm trusting you to make sure everybody gets their homework done and gets to bed on time.

Forest: Relax, Mom! I can totally handle this.

Charley: I know, I know. Say, Forest...there's something else I've been meaning to ask you. Do you think there's anything...off about your brother lately?

Forest: Which one?

Charley: Hunter. He just seems very...disengaged. You and Pine bring new kids over almost every afternoon, but Hunter just heads right into his bedroom and doesn't come out until dinner time.

Forest: Well he's always been a little quiet, mom.

Charley: I know, but I just worry about him meeting people...do you think you could take a look around school and see...

Forest: Mom, I'm his brother, not his matchmaker.

Charley: I never asked you to be a matchmaker. Just...keep an eye out for anyone you see that he might get along with. Pine, too.

Forest: What's wrong with Pine?

Charley: Have you seen the friends he brings over here?

Forest: Good point.


Hey, look who dropped by!

Emerald: Moss! You came back!

Moss: Just for the afternoon, honey. But yeah, I did.


Hey, nice job.

Nimbus: Thanks. But this job is really starting to take its toll...I never remember my back hurting so much at the end of the day.


Moss: So, how's everybody been doing without me?

Forest: We're all ok. Right, guys?

Hunter: Uh...yeah. Right. 

Moss: Where's Mom?

Emerald: At work. She's comes home after we're in bed.

Moss: Huh...you know, what if we made a surprise for Mommy while I'm here?

Emerald: What?

Moss: You guys still have dad's old camera?

Emerald: Yeah, but we're not allowed to play with it...

Moss: We're not going to play with it. Come on, you go get Dad and meet us upstairs.


Moss: Ok, you got it, Dad?

Nimbus: I think so...it's been a long time since I used this thing.

Pine: Couldn't we have practiced with the camera before we all got up here? And why do I have to hold her? She can stand. 

Moss: Because it looks like we love each other...

Pine: Yeah, I get that, but...she's not exactly toddler weight anymore, you know?

Emerald: Hey!


Forest: So, you really think Mom's going to like the picture?

Moss: Oh, she'll love it. Trust me. Say, where's Hunter?

Pine: In our room. Like always.

Forest: Hunter hangs out on his own a lot. Or...as on his own as you can get in this house.

Moss: Huh. Well, nothing wrong with that I guess. 


Charley: There you are! How'd I know I'd find you out here?

Nimbus: Because it's been three days since I weeded these grape vines. I must have missed you coming in last night, sorry.

Charley: It's alright. I know your job tires you out. So what else did I miss?

Nimbus: Well, Moss stopped by...

Charley: He did? I'm so sorry I missed him...


Nimbus: Hey, it's alright. He'll be over again, I'm sure.

Charley: I just can't believe how much I miss him. All this time I've been so anxious to get them out of the house and now that one's moved out I want him back!

Nimbus: Hey, did you happen to notice anything new in the hallway when you went to bed last night?

Charley: No, I was dead on my feet...wait, the hallway? What can be new in a hallway? 


Charley: Oh, Nimbus, it's beautiful...you even got everybody to smile!

Nimbus: Well, it was really Moss's idea. I just provided the equipment.

Charley: I almost forgot you had that thing. You mind if I try it out sometime?

Nimbus: Sure...if you can figure out how it works. It took me about fifteen minutes just to figure out how to turn it on.

Charley: A secret agent who can't figure out how to work a camera...


Corellia: I'm going to win!

Emerald: No, I am...

Corellia: Best five out of seven?

Emerald: You're on!


Forest: Yeah, I'll be right over...um...

Luke: What?


Forest: This might be a bit odd to ask, but...can I bring my brother too?

Luke: Um...sure. Which one?

Forest: Pine. 


Luke: So, why exactly did you bring him along?

Forest: Well...this is kind of awkward, but...


Ahh, I see.

Luke: You brought him here to hook him up with my sister?

Forest: Not "hook him up with", more like..."introduce him to"...


Forest: Look, just come to my birthday party tonight. Both of you. It'll be fun.



Oh, so you're having an actual birthday party?

Forest: Yeah...is that odd?

Well, it's just that in this town most of you are lucky if we can get a cake done in time. Where are you having it?

Forest: The park in the city.

Isn't that a wedding venue?

Forest: They do other parties too.


Forest: Hi, Leigh...you remember my brother Hunter.

Leigh: Yeah, hi.

Hunter: Um...hey.

Forest: Alright, well, I've got to go make sure everyone else knows where to go...


Aww, these two seem to be hitting it off...although I'm going to need to have a talk with Pine about his fashion choices.


Nimbus: You'd think for how much we're paying they would have provided the cake themselves. Or at least some food...didn't we hire a caterer for this thing?

Charley: He never showed up. And are you kidding? Them provide the cake? We had to pay extra just to have the stupid game tables put out. We should have just brought some decks of cards from home! Just keep mixing...I've almost got the salsa ready.


Happy birthday, dear Forest...


Huh, clumsy and neat...that'll be interesting.


Looks like everyone's having a good time, though.


Forest: Rieko! You made it!

Rieko: Yeah, sorry I'm late...wow!

Forest: What?

Rieko: I just never realized what a big family you have.

Forest: Well, I'm one of five...then those are my cousins, there's 3 of them...well, technically 4 but the baby's still at home..does...does that bother you?

Rieko: Eh, I've never been big on children...

Forest: But...you work at the children's library.

Rieko: Yes, in the teenage lounge...

Forest: Oh...


So, I guess things aren't going to work out between you and Rieko?

Forest: No. Probably not. I mean, I don't necessary want as big a family as the one I'm from, but I do want one.

Where are you going now?

Forest: Well, now that I'm out of school Galaxy offered to take me out in the city. We'll probably hop around a bit-we haven't hung out in awhile.

Yeah, I can see that.


Galaxy: Don't worry, dude. You'll find someone.

Forest: I hope so...I know everyone thinks I'm the most social of my brothers and me but I've been having an easier time finding girlfriends for Hunter and Pine than myself. How did you meet Leanna?

Galaxy: I joined the Romance club at school. She did too.

Forest: Romance club...I should have joined that while I had the chance.

Galaxy: What do you mean while you had the chance? There's one for adults too, you know.

Forest: There is?

Galaxy: Sure. Of course, I have no idea who's in it...it's kind of luck of the draw. But it's a start. 


Forest: You mind if we all hang out here?

Galaxy: Nah, go ahead. I've got to get home anyway. Nice seeing you!

Forest: You, too!


Ok, but keep it short, Forest. We've got to get home for your dad's birthday.

Forest: Ok, I will...



Forest: Wow...

What?

Forest: This...is more awkward than I thought. I wasn't really interested in a group date...



Looks like you're hitting it off with Anna, though.


Aww...


Forest: I have to head home...it's my dad's birthday tomorrow and I'm in charge of the party. But here...take this.

Anna: Oh, it's beautiful...


Emerald: Pine?

Pine: What?

Emerald: Is Forest going to move out too?

Pine: Yeah, probably.

Emerald: Can you make me a promise that you won't move out?

Pine: Well, I probably will once I graduate...but that's not for awhile yet. Besides, why me? I thought Hunter was your favorite, remember?

Emerald: I don't think Hunter likes me anymore.

Pine: Why would you say that?

Emerald: Because he never talks to me.

Pine: Well, that doesn't mean he doesn't like you. Hunter barely talks to anyone. He'll grow out of it. You'll see.


Forest: Oh, um...yeah, I guess I have a few hours before the party...the backyard's already all set up.


Forest: Hi...long time no see.

Anna: Yeah, you too...


Anna: Wow...

Forest: We sound awful...

Well I wasn't going to say anything, but...


Forest: Anna...this may be moving way too fast, but...there's something I need to ask you...will you marry me?


Anna: Yes! Of course!


Forest: Ok, now I really need to get...


Oh, come on!


You couldn't have waited two more hours?

Nimbus: It's not like I can control it!

I guess...



You're having the party anyway?

Nimbus: Sure. We've already got all the lights and stuff up in the yard. The kids have friends over. Might as well do something.


Forest: Sorry about missing your actual birthday, Dad.

Nimbus: Oh, it's alright. Besides, now we've got a wedding to throw!


Emerald: Forest, do I have to get dressed up for the wedding?

Forest: Yes, Emerald. We all have to look nice.

Emerald: But I can't swing from monkey bars in a fancy dress...

Forest: Well, there's not going to be monkey bars...

Emerald: No monkey bars? What kind of a place is this?


Moss: So I'll get to the mansion around 10...

Nimbus: Yup. We'll all be there. Just follow the noise. I can't believe two of my boys are going to be married...


Emerald, don't you guys have to get going?

Emerald: Mom said we had 20 minutes. That means I have 20 minutes to play before I go to this boring party.

Oh, come on...I'm sure it won't be boring. Your uncles and aunt will be there, and your cousins...

Emerald: There's no monkey bars. There's no jungle gym. It's boring.



Alright, enough monkey bars. It's time to go.


Forest: You look incredible...

Anna: Thanks. I know it's not exactly traditional, but...

Forest: No, no...I like the red. Come on, I want to introduce you to the rest of my family.

Anna: There are more?


Nimbus: You got it, honey?

Charley: Yeah, I got it. You can put Emerald down now.

Rain: Shouldn't we have gotten changed first?

Nimbus: No time. The ceremony's starting soon.











Stratus: It was a beautiful ceremony, guys. Congratulations!

Forest: Thanks, Uncle Stratus.


Pine: So, what'd you think?

Leia: Oh, I thought it was so nice! And this place is beautiful. I want to have my wedding here...

Pine: Wait, what? You're thinking about that already?

Leia: Well, sure. A little...does that freak you out?

Pine: No...no, of course not...


Hunter: Sorry my family is so...crazy.

Leigh: It's alright. Mine is crazy too. 

Hunter: Sometimes I just need to get away from it all, you know? It really sucks being in the middle of 5 kids.

Leigh: Well, I think you're pretty special.

Hunter: Well, that's just...really?

Leigh: Yeah. You...maybe want to get together sometime after school? Just the two of us?

Hunter: Yeah...yeah I would like that.


Emerald: Hey...how come you're not wearing your fancy dress?

Universe: I brought something else to change into. I hate being dressed up all day. You must be Emerald.

Emerald: Uh-huh. Who are you?

This is your cousin, Universe.

Emerald: Do you like monkey bars?

Universe: I did, but I'm too big to fit on them now. But I think I might have some old VoidCritter cards in my bag...want to go look with me?

Emerald: Yeah!


Charley: Welcome to the family, Anna.

Nimbus: Thanks for taking him off our hands.

Charley: Nimbus!

Anna: I just can't believe it! I'm married!





And another one flies the coop!


Two down, three to go, right Charley?

Charley: (sigh) Yeah...

You don't sound happy.

Charley: No, I am. It's just getting a little quiet around here, that's all.

Well, don't worry. I'm sure Hunter and Pine will provide at least some excitement. But for right now, it's time for me to be moving on. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup...two in one day. That's what happens when a blizzard comes through. Anyway, looks like the Romance club saves the day again! I really was planning to have Forest end up with Reiko until I discovered she had the "hates children" trait. Moving a Sim with that trait into this town would just be unfair. But finally I was able to match up teens from two existing houses! Since almost everybody in town is related somehow it's harder than it sounds. And I really was planning to throw a birthday party for Nimbus, too...I decorated the entire backyard and everything! He just aged up a few hours too early. You also might notice that this is the lot where I finally figured out how the pose player works! I don't really use it to stage screenshots, but it is a godsend for taking family pictures for their walls since EA apparently didn't think to include "group photos" with more than 2 Sims in Get to Work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment