Monday, March 6, 2017

Palmer 1: Round 14



Last round, Madison and Stratus were still adjusting to having three teenagers in the house after their triplets, Eve, Merida, and Buzz, all entered high school. Meanwhile, the triplets were having some difficulties meeting people outside their family, even with the help of a dancing club. By the end of the week, though, they all had a budding relationship. Stratus, meanwhile, aged from adult to elder.


Whoa!

Madison: Oh, hi there mysterious voice. I...didn't hear you come in.

Yeah, the whole "disembodied" thing kind of does that. I can't believe you have your makeup off.

Madison: Well, I've been doing some thinking recently. It happens when you get older. And it hit me that...I didn't even know what I looked like under it anymore. It's been so long since I took it off.

I'm surprised it still comes off.

Madison: Me too.

So, any chance of you...leaving it off?

Madison: (sigh) I don't think so. At this point, I've built a whole life and career with it on. Blair started going without it in her teens. I think it's too late for me to change now. But maybe every now and then...around the house.


Madison: Why don't you invite Susanna over? The girls are both having their boyfriends over today...

Buzz: Susanna graduated already, Mom. She probably doesn't want to hang out with a loser high school kid anymore.

Madison: Oh, I'm sure that's not true. Just because she's a little older doesn't mean she's forgotten about you.

Buzz: Well, it sure feels that way. We just can't talk like we used to.

Madison: Well, you're not that far off from graduating yourself. It will work out. You'll see.


Merida: Brett, will you please consider at least changing your pants?

Brett: I don't see why you all have such a problem with it. It's retro!

Merida: Trust me, you are way past retro...

Brett: You're upset about something besides my outfit. Come on, tell me.

Merida: Well...ok, it's just...you know how we're going to graduate soon?

Brett: Yeah, I can't wait.

Merida: Well, apparently, only one of us gets to stay here after. We know it's going to be me or Eve...Buzz has had his heart set on moving to the city since he started high school.

Brett: Wait...why can only one of you stay?

Merida: Because...it's the rule! I don't know why-it's just been that way. At least that's what my mom said. That's why my aunt Blair moved out and my mom stayed here.


Josiah: Check it out...

Eve: Apartment listings?

Josiah: I was just thinking ahead, you know? For after graduation...

Eve: Oh, well, I was kind of thinking we'd stay here.

Josiah: I thought your sister...

Eve: Well, we haven't decided yet, but I really think it should be me.

If I may interject here...there's no reason why both of you can't stay. You're both technically the youngest girl.

Eve: Wouldn't that make it really crowded?

Josiah: It's crowded now.

Eve: Good point.


Stratus: So...where are Brett and Josiah?

Eve: They went home, Dad.

Stratus: Are you sure? You're not hiding them in the basement somewhere, are you?

Merida: Dad!


You're taking up yoga?

Stratus: I have two teenage daughters dating. I need some stress relief.

I take it you're not too fond of Brett or Josiah.

Stratus: Josiah's fine...but I don't know what to make of the other one. Who dresses like that?


Oh, hi there Addison.

Addison: Hello. I was just in the neighborhood and I figured I'd stop by and see how the place was doing. Wow, my garden looks great...

Madison: Your garden? I'm sorry, have you been coming over here to water and weed this place every day? I don't think so.

Addison: Hey, it's not my fault! I planted most of it before you two even came along. If I'd had my way I would have been the one taking care of it. It's not like you can move a tree!

Madison: What do you mean if I'd had my way?

Addison: I was the one who was supposed to inherit this house! It was my family that first moved in here...well, technically we moved into a different house but it was still on this property! And then Mom had to go and get married to Finley, and then you two came out of nowhere!

Eve: Mom...

Madison: Not now, Eve. Your aunt and I are talking.

Addison: I'm not her aunt! We're not related at all!

Madison: What? Of course you are...

Addison: You still think my mom gave birth to you, don't you? 

Madison: Well, who else would have? Dad?

Addison: Do yourself a favor...check out your birth certificate sometime. I've got to go.


Well, on that note...


Eve: Merida?

Merida: What?

Eve: Do you think we'll end up fighting like Mom and her sisters?

Merida: I hope not.

Eve: Maybe it would be better if we both stayed here.

Merida: Yeah, maybe. If moving out makes you all cold and distant then I'm not sure I want to do it.


Madison: Thanks for helping out in the garden today, honey.

Stratus: Whew! It's getting harder and harder to keep up with. Remind me again why we have an orchard in our front yard?

Madison: (sigh) Because Addison loved to garden. And before we were born, everybody thought she'd be living here after she grew up. You know, she's still angry about it.

Stratus: Still? Seems like she's got a pretty good place of her own. 

Madison: Well sure, now. But it was really rough when she and Ryan first moved in. And she still resents us for it.

Stratus: Is that why she barely ever comes around here? I mean, I moved out first too, but I still at least talk to my brothers and sister now and then.

Madison: I guess. But she said this weird thing right before she stormed off...Stratus, do you...remember when Rain was born?

Stratus: Yeah...why?

Madison: Your mom had Rain, right?

Stratus: Well, I wasn't there. She and Dad both went to the hospital, they came back with Rain. Why are you asking me this?

Madison: I think...there may have been something my dad never told us. And that your dad never told you....

Stratus: Honey, Addison was just mad. We all say things we don't mean when we're angry. I wouldn't worry too much.

Madison: (sigh) Maybe you're right.


Josiah: Wait, so...you're both going to stay here?

Merida: That's the plan.

Brett: So then...we're both going to be living here too?

Eve: Yup. So we figured we'd better start hanging out all together. You know, so it's less awkward.

Josiah: We won't have to sleep in bunk beds, will we?

Merida: Um, no.

Eve: Definitely not.

Wait, we're missing a triplet...where's Buzz?


Huh? Who's this?

Buzz: Oh, I'm just...going out with some friends.


Some friends, huh? What about Susanna?

Buzz: Well...

Pine: Come on, man! Susanna's graduated already. Might as well explore some other options, right?


Sonia: So, I'm kind of surprised to see you here.

Buzz: Why?

Sonia: Well everybody at school knows that you and Susanna...

Buzz: But...Susanna graduated.

Sonia: So? Soon we will too. It's not like she's an old woman.

Buzz: I guess...

Oh, speaking of old woman...


Madison: Ugh...my back hurts...

Oh, no, I think we're too late.


Yup. Sorry, Madison.


Madison: (sigh) Oh, I suppose it's alright. Not much to celebrate about getting old, anyway.


Hey, Stratus, I hate to tell you this but we just missed Madison's birthday.

Stratus: Oh, this isn't for Madison...

Well, then, who's it for?


Oh, I see. Alright, everybody. Strap in.


Happy birthday, dear Eve...


Another vegetarian...


Happy birthday, dear Buzz...


Man, he has not had great luck with the trait lottery, has he?


Happy birthday, dear Merida...


All right! Now we've got three young adults!


Eve: Mom, can Josiah come over for his birthday?

Madison: Why doesn't he have his birthday at his house?

Eve: Well, pretty soon this will be his house.

Madison: I suppose...


Happy birthday, dear Josiah...





Eve: So...now that we're both out of school, when did you want to move in?

Josiah: How about now?



Welcome to the family, Josiah.


Guess it's Brett's turn...Happy birthday, dear Brett...


Brett: Hey, I think I got a bit more muscle!

No you didn't.


Welcome to the family anyway, though.


Merida: So, now that you're all moved in...how about we get you a different outfit?

Brett: What? Why?

Merida: Because...honey, and I mean this in the nicest way possible...what you're wearing is awful. Plus, my dad might like you more if we change your hair.

Brett: (sigh) Fine...


Madison: Oh, of course! I'd love to come over!

Looks like we're going to miss the makeover.


Madison: Hi, Hermes! Remember your old Grandma?

Hermes: No...

You guys haven't technically met yet, remember?

Madison: Oh, right...


Madison: I'm sorry I didn't get to come by before now. Things have just been so crazy back home...

Nemo: Mom, you don't have to explain yourself. You have teenage triplets. I understand.

Madison: So, he never told you about the multiples thing, did he?

Adrianna: No, he did not.

Madison: Speaking of...where's Athena?


Madison: Oh, Adrianna, she's absolutely beautiful. They both are.

Adrianna: I know. Nemo's already worried about when she starts dating. Ok, Athena, say goodnight to Grandma. It's time for bed. Let's get you in your jammies and I'll read you a story...

Madison: Oh, can I do it?

Adrianna: Um...sure. Why don't you start with Hermes while I get Athena ready for bed.



Glad you stopped over?

Madison: Oh, yes. I'm really going to have to try and come by more often. I don't want to ignore these two just because they don't live with me. But could you do me a favor?

Sure, what?

Madison: I'm probably going to be here a little while longer...could you go and check in on what's going on at home?

Sure.


Wait...you guys never had your first kiss?

Eve: Um, no...

Josiah: I guess we haven't.


And I can see the makeover went well.

Merida: See? I told you.

Brett: Ok, ok...you were right.


Brett: Wait, were you waiting to kiss me until after I changed clothes?

Merida: No, of course not.


Ok, well, now that everybody has a moved-in partner it's time to get some jobs.


Nothing surprising here...


Brett: Merida, now that I've moved in there's something I want to ask...


Brett: Will you marry me?


Merida: Of course!


Josiah: Eve...will you marry me?


Eve: Yes! I'm so excited, Merida and I got engaged on the same day!

Josiah: What?


Eve: Don't tell me you're upset you didn't get to go first.

Josiah: Well, it is kind of anti-climatic.

Eve: It's not a race, Josiah.

Josiah: Kind of feels like one.


Buzz: So...how have you been?

Susanna: Oh, fine. It's been awhile since I've seen you.

Buzz: Yeah, I know...sorry about that.

Susanna: I was starting to think you'd found someone else.

Buzz: What? No...well, to be perfectly honest Pine did try and set me up. But it didn't go anywhere, I promise.

Susanna: It'd be ok if it did, you know.

Buzz: Really?

Susanna: Sure, I mean, it's not like you and I could have really done anything after I graduated but before you did. And we were never really an exclusive thing, you know?

Buzz: Tell that to the rest of the school. But you know, I didn't really want it to go anywhere with those other girls anyway.

Susanna: Really?

Buzz: Really.


Aww...


You know, it's not many guys that would choose to paint a picture after their first kiss.

Buzz: I'm saving up. I want to move to the city soon, and it's so expensive! So, I figured if I learn to paint while I still live here, and I keep everything I make, I can sell it when I get there to get a better apartment.

Huh, smart thinking.


Nice job, Stratus!

Stratus: Thanks.


Buzz: The spice festival, huh? Ok, that sounds like it could be fun.


Hold on-first we need to pick a track for your mom. Interstellar smuggler seems like a perfect career for an elderly woman...


Congratulations, Madison.

Madison: Thanks, but I think this might be as high as I get. I'm having a terrible time keeping up with the workouts now.


Alright, now onto the spice festival...


Buzz: Huh...it's pretty good

Susanna: It's not too spicy?

Buzz: No, not at all.

Susanna: It's so beautiful here...I've always loved the idea of living in the city.


Buzz: Susanna, did you really mean what you said about wanting to live here?

Susanna: Of course...wait, are you asking what I think you're asking?

Buzz: Will you marry me?


Susanna: Yes!


All right, looks like we've got three weddings to plan.

Buzz: Oh, no...we're going to wait until we're settled.

Susanna: We want to get married in the city, not at Buzz's house.

Ok, two weddings then.


Or...a dinner party?


So, Stratus...couldn't help but notice you're throwing the wrong kind of party.

Stratus: Who says it's wrong? You can get married at any type of party. Besides, I've always wanted to throw a dinner party and this seemed like the perfect time. It's really going to be more of a brunch party, though, if you want to get technical.


And it looks like everybody came by...

Madison: I've never seen my kitchen this crowded...and I raised 4 kids here.


All right, looks like Merida and Brett are up first.





Now Eve and Josiah...

Josiah: I can't believe we have to go second again! We better be the first ones to have a kid!





Wait...you guys went to work?

Eve: Of course. Why do you think we threw the party in the morning? We just started yesterday, we can't take a day off.


And it seems like this race is even so far.


Well, I guess Brett and Susanna are off to get settled in the city, so it's just about time for me to be moving on. I'll see all of you guys next round!




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Whew, that was a long one! I didn't realize that Susanna had aged until I first invited her over to the lot-I let unplayed Sims age for 1 week to let all the townie toddlers and babies my game had generated age up into children, and I guess she aged up too. I was initially going to try to match Buzz up with someone else, but in the end it was just easier to wait. The dinner party was actually for Stratus's culinary aspiration; I figured rather than trying to cram in a dinner party and a wedding, it would just be easier to have the girls get married at the dinner party and kill two birds with one stone.


No comments:

Post a Comment