Monday, January 16, 2017

Bernard 1: Round 11



Last round, the Bernards' older set of twins Jamaica and Aruba aged to young adults. They quickly found love with another set of twins, Trout and Salmon, and by the end of the week had moved out on their own. Meanwhile, the younger twins Bermuda and Croix entered the dating scene as well, or at least Bermuda did finding a boyfriend in her childhood friend Ezekiel. 


Hey, Darlene.

Darlene: Oh, hello.

What are you up to?

Darlene: Just harvesting some plants before work. It seems like there's always some new experiment to try that needs produce. 


Darlene: Ok, I'm off to work. Now, I'm trusting you two...

Bermuda: Relax, mom. We're just going to be doing our homework.

Darlene: Well, just to be sure, your father will be home all day. Don't forget it.


Darlene: And what are you going to be up to today?

Croix: Oh, you know. Tinker around with the radio, do some programming. The usual.

Darlene: Don't you want to go out? Maybe see your friends? 

Croix: Why? I see them at school.


Nice job.

Darlene: Thanks.


Still at it with the woodworking, huh?

Trinidad: It's actually a very lucrative hobby. I'm kind of glad I stuck with it. The guitars really bring in a huge profit. Bathtubs, too.

Who buys a bathtub made out of wood?

Trinidad: Yeah, it seemed weird to me too but apparently there's a huge market.


Um, what subject is this, exactly?


Bermuda: You wanna...

Ezekiel: Won't your dad get mad?

Bermuda: No...he's making a bathtub downstairs.

Ezekiel: Out of wood?

Bermuda: Yeah, and the waterproofing takes forever. We've got time.


Whoa, slow down there you two. Bermuda's dad may be a bit distracted but he is still home!


Besides, it looks like we have a birthday party to attend to.


Make that three birthday parties.


Happy birthday, dear Trinidad...


Trinidad: Ow, my back!



Happy birthday, dear Bermuda...





Hmm, ok, this can work.


Happy birthday dear Croix...





And he got art lover too. Interesting.


Oh, looks like we're tacking one on for good luck. Happy birthday, dear Ezekiel...


And that should mean...


Yup, right on schedule.


Welcome to the family, Ezekiel.

Ezekiel: So, you're here all the time, huh weird voice?

Well, no...or, yes. It depends on how you define time, really...

Ezekiel: Sorry I asked...


No surprise there. Should be an easy one for him given that he hacked his grades last round.


Ezekiel: Bermuda, I know this is a bit anti-climatic since we already live together but...will you marry me?


Bermuda: Yes! Of course!

Great, now we've got a wedding to plan.


But maybe you should get a job first? You know, Trinidad's not going to be here cranking out those bathtubs and guitars forever.


Aww, a congratulations call from her big sister!

Bermuda: You guys are coming to the wedding, right?

Jamaica: Of course! If I can convince Salmon to take a day off at the, um...pharmacy...

I thought it was a lab.

Jamaica: Same thing.


And I see Croix is really making the most of his young adulthood so far.

Bermuda: Ugh, that's it. I'm calling in a favor.

From who?

Bermuda: Khloe. She was in my class at school. We were partners on everything for some reason, and I carried her every time. She owes me.


So, how are you two getting along?

Khloe: Surprisingly well, actually.

Great. I'll just get out of your hair and be on my way. See you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Not too eventful here. This house really does survive off of Trinidad's woodworking. Darlene's science career brings in some, but if I can have Trinidad crank out a bathtub and a couple guitars in a day that can easily surpass what she makes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment