Monday, January 16, 2017

Flenderson 2: Round 11


Last round started with two births for the second branch of the Flenderson family, with Rain giving birth to a boy named Thunder and Jase to a girl named Lightning following his abduction. The whole family found a new love of cinema, while Noah finally achieved his goal of seeing just where his youngest daughter came from.


Rain: You look a little tired this morning, buddy. Did you sleep ok?

Thunder: Well, there's kind of this monster under my bed.

Rain: Monsters, huh? Well, there might be something I can do about that. 


What are you doing?

Rain: I told the kids it was anti-monster spray. It's water and glitter, but it seems to do the trick. Just don't tell them.

I won't say a word.


Uh-oh...something tells me it won't just be monsters keeping them up anymore.











Bye, Noah...


Lighting: Monster!

I thought your mom sprayed the bed.

Lighting: She sprayed Thunder's bed. The monster must have moved.


Thunder: The monster's back!


Thunder: Mommy! Mommy!

Lighting: You forgot to spray my bed too! The monster came back!


Lighting: Don't worry, the monster can't get both of us at the same time. If he tries again, I'll protect you!


Aww, that's so sweet. Stratus called to take his mom out. 


Stratus: I'm so sorry, Mom.

Jenifer: Well, it was his time. It's good to see you again. How are the triplets?

Stratus: A handful, but they're doing fine. 


And I forgot to plan the kids' formal outfits, so they're at the nice restaurant in their alien suits.


And getting food poisoning.


Thunder: I don't feel so good...

This isn't a great week for you, is it?


Rain: I still can't believe Dad's gone.

Jase: I know.

Rain: I never got to tell him I forgave him...

Jase: Forgive him for what?

Rain: For when I was a kid. For making me wear all that makeup to hide...what I am. I resented him for it for so long...and now I can't even tell him I'm sorry.


Thunder? Why are you jumping in the garbage can?

Thunder: I want to see if there are any Voidcritter cards in here.

I'm sorry...Void-what?

Thunder: Voidcritters. They're these cards all the kids at school have.


So, you found one.

Thunder: Yeah, I found a Nymphea. It's not that rare.

So, these are little monsters.

Thunder: Yeah.

How many are there?

Thunder: 20. But some are really, really rare.

Why does this feel so familiar...


So, are you into this Voidcritter thing too?

Lighting: Yup! All the kids are. I found a Canis. It's a fire type.

Huh, kind of looks like a blue Ninetail...hey, wait a second. Wasn't your hair black this morning?

Lighting: No. 

I could have sworn...



Lighting: No! I'm not trading you my Canis for your stupid Nymphea!

Thunder: Come on...Nymphea is super rare. Besides you already have like 4 other fire types and Nymphea is earth...

Rain: What are you two even fighting about?

Ahh, yes...the other part of this that feels familiar...


At least it doesn't seem to be impacting their schoolwork. (Though if I remember correctly, the school has probably banned those things by now.)


A puppet theater?

Rain: We built the kids their own rooms in the basement, so we turned their old room into a playroom.

Lighting: Thunder isn't very good.

Rain: Be nice!


Lighting: Ha! I win! 

Thunder: No fair! All of yours are strong against mine.

Lighting: No, I just practice more than you. 


Well, I have to say that they seem to be striking a better balance than I ever did...



Rain: So, your little fox thing is made of fire?

Lighting: No, Mom. He's not made of fire. He breathes fire.

Rain: I see. And Thunder's little plant thing...

Lighting: He hits things with grass and seeds and stuff.

Rain: Right. And do these things get hurt when they do this?

Lighting: No. But after awhile one faints and the other one wins.

Rain: I can't decide if this is adorable or excessively violent...



Blair: Hey, are you ok? We haven't hung out in awhile...like, 3 days.

Rain: Come in, come in. It's just been a crazy week.


Blair: Are you sure you're ok? Because you look like you're on the verge of tears.

Rain: No, really. I'm fine. I've been kind of broken up since Dad died but I've accepted it, and I'm moving on...


Yeah, about that...








Bye, Jenifer.

Rain: I can't believe they're both gone...


Lightning: Mommy, are you ok?

Rain: Yeah, I'll be fine. Tell you what, why don't you guys go watch TV with Dad? Teach him all about your little creature things.


Lightning: Go Canis! Use Fire Breath!

Jase: You know, I could go make some chili and then I could use fire breath too...

Ok, well, while Lighting gets you up to speed I'll just be moving along to the next house. See you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And as our grand tour of the last year of TS4 continues, we reach Kids Room Stuff. I think this is one of the best stuff packs they've ever done-I love the VoidCritters, even though that's probably only because they bring back so many memories of Pokemon. And a word about Lightning's hair-for some reason, her hair would not stay the same color. I kept switching it back to black, and it just kept changing itself to reddish-brown. 



No comments:

Post a Comment