Thursday, January 19, 2017

Hannon 1: Round 12


Last round, the perpetually full Hannon house finally started to empty out. The two youngest children, Mackerel and Tetra, finally aged to young adults. Mackerel moved out on his own with his girlfriend Christin, while Tetra stayed behind. Meanwhile Alyssa continued to advance through the ranks as a doctor, while Aiden continued to chase promotions as a mixologist.


Wait, who are we going out with?

Tetra: Oh, he's my new friend Mikel. We've been texting back and forth, but we haven't been able to meet up in person very much. 


Mikel: I love this place. The coffee is amazing, and you have to try the muffins too.

Tetra: It sounds great. Thanks so much for inviting me out...


Man, that must have been some really good coffee! 


Well this is escalating quickly.


Welcome to the family, Mikel.


Mikel: So, do I have a place to sleep yet, or what?

Tetra: Oh, you sure do. We updated my-I mean, our-bedroom today. Come on, let me show you...

And that is my cue to head to the other end of the house...


Does this surprise anyone?


Tetra: Mikel, I have something to tell you...I'm pregnant!

Mikel: What? But, we haven't had the wedding yet.

Tetra: I know. But we can just put it off for a bit, can't we? I mean, I'd rather not be pregnant at my wedding.

Mikel: I guess so. It's not that big of a deal-we're already living together anyway.


Alyssa: That's my good boy... I'll give you some medicine and that should fix you right up. No shot today.

Luke: Thanks, Grandma!



What the...ok, what is with the sudden array of health crisis in this place?


What the...

Alyssa: Alright, stand back. We'll have this fixed in no time.


Well, I'm glad everybody's ok...


Tetra: Wow, that's amazing. You're an awesome doctor, Mom.

Alyssa: I didn't really do all that much-I just gave them an injection. But you'd think I stopped a major epidemic. It was three people, tops...

Is there a reason we're having this catch-up session in the bathroom?


Alyssa: Aiden, have you been down here all night?

Aiden: Yeah, I found all these new recipes I want to try out.

Alyssa: Well, come to bed soon. I swear you're going to spend the rest of your life behind that thing.


Still missing your grandma, Tetra?

Tetra: Yes. I just with she could be here to meet my baby, that's all.

I know. But it was her time...


Speaking of...I'm guessing you're here for Aiden?

Grimmy: Don't mind me. I'll just wait until you're done.


Nice of him to wait until Aiden finished mixing his drink.


Bye, Aiden.


Patient: Um...are you alright?

Alyssa: Yes...I'll be fine...

Maybe you should have taken the day off today?


Or maybe not...


Wait...Khloe? Isn't that Croix Bernard's girlfriend?

Alyssa: How should I know? I'm a doctor, not a gossip columnist.


Aww, Mackerel is a good big brother.


Mackerel: Wow, look at you! You're...

Tetra: Huge, I know.

Mackerel: I'm going to be the best fun uncle...

You've got a lot of competition for that title, Mackerel.


Mackerel: So how's mom doing?

Tetra: Better, I think. She went back to work right away. I wasn't sure it was the right idea but I think keeping up her routine helped her.


And it doesn't seem to have affected her performance any. Someone else finally reached the top of their career!


And ironically, being at work with Alyssa meant that we couldn't get to the hospital for Tetra...

Tetra: It's ok. I'd feel weird having my mom deliver her own grandchild anyway.

But the front lawn seemed like a good idea?


It's a boy! Meet Shark!


Aw, he's cute. But maybe get him inside?

Tetra: Yeah, that's probably a good idea.


So, what is this, grandchild number...

Alyssa: Seven. I can't believe I have seven grandchildren now. But I guess having five children would have seemed impossible too, if you'd told me beforehand.


Oh, there you are Mikel. I was wondering where you disappeared to.

Mikel: That's kind of easy to do around here.

So now that the baby's here, I guess it's time to start the wedding plans again?

Mikel: Oh yeah. I guess it is. I had almost forgotten we weren't married already.


Hi, Mackerel. Here to start your bid for "fun uncle"?

Alyssa: How are you doing? All settled in? Do you need anything? I can see it I have some extra...

Mackerel: Mom, I'm fine. Besides, it's Tetra you should be fussing over. She just gave birth.


And it looks like soon she'll be giving birth again.


Tetra: So, we may have to put our wedding plans off for a little bit longer...

Mikel: What? I mean, that's great, but...it's just really fast!

Well, it's just about time for me to be on my way. I'll see all of you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Round 12 begins! It's weird seeing this family's picture look so small with only 4 Sims. It hit me when Alyssa got her last promotion just how few Sims in this challenge have been able to get to the top of their careers; I'm pretty sure it's only been her and Noah Flenderson so far. It's quite a difference from TS2 where almost all of my Sims would be at the top of their career by the time they hit elderhood. And yes, Grimmy really did show up and wait for Aiden to finish mixing a drink before taking him-it was really creepy.


No comments:

Post a Comment