Monday, January 16, 2017

Palmer 1: Round 11


Last round was a busy one for the Palmer family. Madison found herself pregnant for the second time, but ended up giving birth to her second, third, and fourth children when a set of triplets was born. Older brother Nemo was excited at first, but quickly discovered living with three babies wasn't all it was cracked up to be. 


I see you finally have time for gardening again. I guess the kids are all at school?

Madison: Yes, finally. It never lasts long enough, though.


Huh?




Oops. Sorry about that, Stratus.

Stratus: It's ok. Things have been kind of crazy around here lately.


Madison: And they lived happily ever after. The end.

Eve: Read me another one, Mom!

Madison: In a little while. Right now I have to go start on Nemo's cake.


Yes, let's get one child who can actually help out...


Happy birthday, dear Nemo...


He's actually kind of cute. How about an aspiration?


Another chef? Man, that's a popular one around here. 


Eve: Mom, you promised you'd read me another story.

Madison: I know, honey. Did you finish your homework first?

Eve: Yes. Even the extra credit.

Madison: (sigh) Ok, go pick out a book...


Stratus: How was last night?

Madison: Exhausting. After Nemo's party I had to read Eve 3 stories, help Buzz with his math homework and convince Merida that there were not monsters under her bed.

Stratus: I'm sorry I have to work so late. I wish I could help out more.

Madison: It's ok, honey. You'll get promoted soon.


Who is this?

Nemo: This is Marilyn. She's in my class at school, and she loves cooking too. We're thinking of starting a food club.

I see. Not a bad idea for a first date...

Nemo: This isn't a date. I just invited her over to see my dad's rewards from the restaurant.


Well, Madison was right about one of them being promoted. Congratulations.

Madison: Thanks.


Merida: Mom, can I stay home from school today?

Madison: What? Why?


Looks like she's sick.


Madison: Let me have a look at you...wow, you do look sick. I have to work, but Daddy can stay home with you.


Aww...


Well the rash is gone. Are you feeling better?

Merida: Uh-huh.

I guess when you're a triplet sometimes all you need is a day with your parent all to yourself.


Hey, they finally made it on an actual date.


Nemo: So, what are we supposed to do here?

Marilyn: I'm not sure, exactly. I think there's some kids dancing over there...

Nemo: Or, we could stay here and look at the architecture.

Great date so far.


Oops, looks like we missed both the parents' birthdays.


Sorry Madison.

Madison: It's ok. I'm just kind of mad I had to wake up for it.


And it looks like Merida might actually be making headway in the social butterfly department. 


Congratulations, Stratus.

Stratus: Thanks, I guess.

What's wrong?

Stratus: I'm still working these late nights. I'm missing everything with the kids, and Madison is working all day and dealing with them all night. I don't know how much longer she can take it.


At least they have each other to keep them entertained. Look, the girls are best friends.


Madison: Again, Eve?

Eve: It was an accident!

Madison: I can't wait until we can get rid of this thing...go play with your brother while I put it out.


Oh, for the love of...what's wrong now?

Buzz: The dollhouse collapsed!

Collapsed?

Buzz: Well, none of us broke it!

(Stupid ghosts...)

Eve: What?

Nothing...let me go get your mom...


Madison: I swear, the next time this thing breaks we're throwing it out! 


Well, at least we're ending the week on a good note. I'll see all you guys next round!




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Man, this lot is exhausting, even with Nemo aging up. This was the week I discovered that kids can have sick days from school. Stratus really did stay home with Merida and watched TV with her all day-it was adorable. Of course, her illness went away about one hour after the pop-up came up.

No comments:

Post a Comment