Sunday, January 15, 2017

Howard 1: Round 10


Last round was a sad one for the Howard family. Both matriarchs, Maura and Marlene, finally succumbed to old age. Joy and Cason's daughter, Disgust, grew from a child to a teenager. Cason continued to drown the family in sugar, while Joy progressed in the writing career.


Hi, Disgust.

Disgust: Huh...oh, right. You. 

Yeah, I know. It's been awhile. I see you re-did your room.

Disgust: Yeah...


And I see you and Herbert are still...um...together. I'll just head inside.



Disgust: Like what I've done with the place?

Herbert: Um...sure. I guess so. 

Disgust: Want to check out the closet a little more closely?


Whoa! Slow down there, you two.




A dinner party?

Disgust: Yeah. My dad has this idea that he has to throw a dinner party to be a good chef or something.


Wow, what an...eccentric group of outfits for a dinner party.

Disgust: Well, my dad got his wish and that's all that matters.


What the...


Oops. Looks like we missed Joy's birthday.


Cason: Sorry we didn't have a cake or anything.

Joy: Cason, the last thing we need in this house is another cake. I'm fine. It's not like it's a huge milestone or anything.


Congrats, Cason.

Cason: Thanks. And I found something really cool behind the restaurant...


Ok, what on Earth is that?

Cason: It's my new cupcake machine!

You're going to eat things that come out of that?

Cason: Sure, why not? I cleaned it up before I started using it. 


Ugh, these guys again?

Disgust: What? They're my friends from school.

First of all, half of them are already out of high school. Second, let's just say they proved themselves to be less than friendly so far.


Disgust: Whatever. Can't you go narrate my parents for awhile?

I would, but your mom is at work and your dad is asleep. 


Disgust: So, what did you want to do?

Paragon 1: Try on outfits.

Disgust: Oh, ok. Where are we getting ready to go?

Paragon 2: ...Nowhere. We're just trying on outfits.

Disgust: Um...ok...



Nice job, Joy.

Joy: Thanks.


At least Disgust isn't ignoring her schoolwork.


Disgust: Can Herbert and I go out tonight?

Cason: Sure. I think it would be good for you to hang out with someone other than those...

Disgust: Paragons.

Cason: What does that even mean, anyway? What do you all do in there?

Disgust: Try on outfits..and talk and stuff.

Cason: Well, just be careful...

Disgust: Hold on, that's my phone...



Trout: Hey...so, Luna says we're hanging around at the ruins tonight. 

Disgust: Oh...well, Herbert and I were supposed to have a date...maybe he could come too?

Trout: Yes, please bring another guy!

You know, I kind of have to wonder why Trout is still hanging out with these people. It didn't seem to go so well at his house.


Disgust: See? I told you this was a great spot.

Herbert: It is kind of roman...

Luna: Ok, everyone, I've got the speakers! Let's party!


Um, where'd Herbert go?

Disgust: Huh? Um...not sure. He's around here somewhere.


Disgust: So, what did you think?

Herbert: Eh, it was alright.

Disgust: I meant what did you think of my friends?

Herbert: I don't know...they didn't seem that interested in talking to me, to be honest. 


Luna: Um...hey, your house is really cool and all, but do you think your dad could learn to make something other than cakes? I mean, it's not exactly healthy.

Disgust: Um...he's a baker. He's not really good at salads and stuff...

Luna: You're just lucky you have such a good metabolism. Anybody else would be packing on weight eating all that.

Yeah, I'm really starting to not like Luna.


Disgust: So, does anybody want to...go somewhere? And do something?

Blonde Girl: Eh, I don't know. It's up to Luna.

Disgust: Fine, I'll go ask her...wait, where did she go?

Probably trying to find a vegetable somewhere in this house.


Disgust: Here you are. What are you doing down here?

Luna: Why do you have store mannequins in your basement?

Disgust: Oh...well, I think my mom wanted to start a store with my grandma. She died before they could get it going. I forgot they were down here....anyway...I was kind of thinking we could maybe go to the pool? Or maybe the cafe? 

Luna: Eh, no...unless you're saying you want us to leave?

Disgust: No, no...not at all...

Well, I hate to leave this charming moment between friends, but I have to be moving on. I'll see you guys next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, after an extended hiatus, Tranquility Creek is back. I have a lot of posts to get up so I can catch up to where I am in the actual game. (So, don't expect to see toddlers in the blog for awhile yet). 


No comments:

Post a Comment