Thursday, January 19, 2017

Flenderson 2: Round 12


Last round, Rain and Jase's "twins" Lightning and Thunder got swept up in the Voidcritter craze. Rain continued to advance in her writing career, while Jase advanced in science. Sadly, both Rain's parents Noah and Jenifer also succumbed to old age.



Hey, Thunder. Still at it with the Voidcritters, huh?

Thunder: You bet. No way Lighting's going to beat me this time!


Agh....not again!


Sorry, Rain.

Rain: That's ok.

Jase: We'll celebrate tonight. I promise.


Where are you guys going?

Thunder: There's this new kids center-they have a game table and basketball and a ton of other stuff. Lightning and I are going to go check it out.


I see. Looks like a fun place.

Thunder: What's in that room next door?

Jessie: The one we can't go in? I don't know. The lady at the desk said they're still building it.

Josiah: Maybe it's for...you know...the stuck kids?

Jessie: The what?

Josiah: The stuck kids. My cousin's friend's uncle told me about it. They just found out that sometimes, when you grow up from a baby, you don't grow up all the way. Like, you only get about this tall, and you can only sort of walk...and worst of all you still have to wear a diaper.

Lightning: Eww! For how long?

Josiah: Nobody knows. Probably forever.

Jessie: I'm glad that didn't happen to me.

Thunder: Me too.

Josiah: I bet that's what that new room is for. So they have somewhere to put the stuck kids.

Thunder: When they unlock it we should sneak in and see!


Lightning: Sadness, have you heard about...the stuck kids?

Sadness: Oh, sure. Everybody's heard about that.

Lightning: Well I haven't heard about it-until just today.

Sadness: My mom's cousin has a stuck kid. I haven't seen her yet, but my grandma is best friends with her grandma and I heard them talking about it on the phone.


Bahama: My uncle's girlfriend is about to have a baby. You don't think they'll get stuck too, do you?

Sadness: I dunno. Nobody knows why it happens.

Not to interrupt this girl talk, but...where's Thunder?

Lightning: Well, we were walking home but he passed some monkey bars...


Well at least the time was well spent. 


Jase: I'm so proud of you, Thunder.

Thunder: Thanks, Dad.



What the...I didn't even get a message!


And if you aged up, that means...


Yup. That's two more I missed.


Lightning: What happened to my hair?

I'm sure it's fixable. And maybe it will stay the right color this time.



Again?



Is it weird that the aliens in this town only seem to abduct other aliens?



Rain: I saw the lights outside last night...are you ok?

Jase: I'm fine, sweetheart. Don't worry. 



See? He even got a promotion an everything.


Ok, I'm not going to miss this one. I'm not going to miss this one. I'm just going to send Chase to work, we can bake the cake when he comes home...


Lightning: Mom, have you heard anything about kids growing up...stuck?

Rain: Oh, Lightning, I'm sure that's just an urban legend. Besides, what does it matter for you? You two are teenagers already. You grew up fine.

Lightning: But what about when I have kids? I want to be ready.

Rain: That's still a long time off, Lightning...

Jase: A long, long time off.


Darn it!


Well, at least I didn't leave anybody out.


You too? What is with this house? Does it have some sort of alien homing beacon on it?


How do you feel?

Rain: I feel...fine, I feel just...just fine.

Maybe you should lie down.


Hey, we haven't heard from Blair all week. That's a first.

Rain: Sure, I'll go out. I don't have to dress like a knight, do I?

Blair: No, of course not.


Rain: It's so good to see you!

Blair: It's been too long!


Blair: How are the kids?

Rain: Not kids anymore. They're both in high school now. How about yours?

Blair: Jessie's almost a teenager, Riley just started school a little bit ago. Hard to believe, isn't it?

Rain: I know. And wouldn't you know it, half their class has blue skin! Who would have thought...

Blair: Kind of makes the whole...alien advocates thing seem kind of silly in retrospect, huh?

Rain: I guess so. Do you know neither of my two have ever been so much as teased about how they look? Not even once?

Blair: What made our fathers think they had to cover us up?

Rain: I guess we'll never know now, will we?


Thunder: What if I never find a girlfriend?

Lightning: Thunder, you've been in high school for two days. You'll find one.


Although a little outside help doesn't hurt, I guess. 

Lightning: See, it's a sign. Let's go.


Uh-oh...where's Thunder?

Lightning: Ugh, the stupid Romance Guru told him that his romantic future was bleak. I told him that that was because he only paid, like, $3 but he didn't believe me. So he's crying in the bathroom.

Oh. Well, um...listen. I have to be moving along. So...do you think you can handle getting him out of there?

Lightning: I guess.

Great. I'll see you guys next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, I'm really not intentionally missing all of these birthdays. Lightning and Thunder must have gotten their messages on the last day of last round, because they auto-aged on the first night. And I keep forgetting to actually have someone bake the stupid cakes. And I think all of the science gadgets Noah brought into the house still must be summoning the aliens somehow. Thankfully neither Jase nor Rain came back pregnant.



No comments:

Post a Comment