Sunday, January 15, 2017

Palmer 3: Round 10


Ok, one more lot in Round 10. (See, this is why you don't play two full rounds before posting.) This one belongs to Blair Palmer and Marlin Hannon, and their daughter Jessie. Jessie was born in Blair's family home, but they have since moved out into a place of their own.


Another chef...like father like son, I guess.


Marlin: Oh, hi guys.

Rain: We just wanted to drop by to welcome you guys to the neighborhood.

Charley: Yeah, we brought you a fruitcake.

Marlin: Oh, um...thanks. 


So how's the new house?

Blair: Oh, it's wonderful. It's so much quieter than where we were before. I can really focus on my art now, you know?


Really?

Blair: Well, most of the time. Besides, she won't be a baby for much longer.


I guess you're right.


Well, the outfit needs some work, but otherwise not bad. Any thoughts on an aspiration?


Jessie: I want to be smart!

Ok, whiz kid it is.


Jessie: Dad?

Marlin: Uh-huh...

Jessie: Can I have a chemistry set?

Marlin: Uh-huh...

Jessie: Really?

Marlin: Uh-huh...wait, what?

Jessie: Thank you! You're the best dad ever!



Jessie: Guess what? I'm getting a chemistry set.

Moss: Really?

Buzz: My sister has one of those. It caught on fire once.

Jessie: Well, mine won't do that.


Blair: Oh, yes. I need a night out...

What about Jessie?

Blair: Oh, right. Marlin's at work. It's ok-I'll bring her with me.

It's the middle of the night, Blair.

Blair: It's fine! What kid doesn't like to stay up late?


Jessie: Mom, can we go home yet?

Blair: In a minute, hon.

Jessie: I'm so tired I'm gonna die.

Blair: Oh, you're being dramatic.


You sure about that, Blair? I guess even Death needs a drink every now and then.


Really? I wouldn't have thought that.


Marlin: Jessie, we have some big news for you! You're going to be a big sister!

Jessie: Really? Cool! Can Planet and I go to the park?

Marlin: (sigh) Sure.


Congratulations, Blair.

Blair: Thanks.


Jessie: Oops!

Marlin: Oh my...see, I told you chemistry sets were dangerous! After I put it out don't touch it until I get back from work.

Jessie: Dad, it was just a little fire...


Nice job.

Marlin: Thanks.


League of Adventurers? What do they do?

Jessie: I have no idea but I'm in!


Jessie: I'll be right there!


So, this looks to be the same stuff you'd be doing at a park anyway.

Jessie: Yeah, but now we're a club. It's different.

Whatever you say.


Looks like we have to head back anyway.

Jessie: Aw, come on...

Fine, I'll go. You stay here.


Ok, let's head to the hospital.



Looks like the doctors switched shifts again.


Another girl! Welcome, Riley.


Cute little thing.


Well, I had to leave at this monumental occasion, but I have to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round. 



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Man, round 10 is the round that doesn't end. Just when I thought I was done I found one more draft. A pretty uneventful lot, too, at least as far as I can remember. 


No comments:

Post a Comment