Saturday, January 28, 2017

Bernard 1: Round 13




Last round was a busy one for the Bernard family. Youngest daughter Bermuda became pregnant with her first child, a daughter named Bahama. Meanwhile, her twin brother Croix began a relationship with Khloe Daley. By the end of the week she had moved in and was pregnant with her first child as well (who appears to have made his debut in my absence.) Meanwhile, Trinidad continued to support the house with his woodworking while Darlene continued to work in the science career. 


Ok, time to introduce the mysterious voice to the new baby!

Khloe: His name is Cyprus.


So I see you're still going to freelance route?

Bermuda: It's just easier. Besides, the paintings themselves bring in enough money.


So how's the little guy doing?

Khloe: Oh, just fine. I'm still figuring out this baby thing, you know.

Well at least you have lots of help.


And how are you liking the new baby, Bahama?

Bahama: Eh, he's ok I guess. He doesn't do much.


Why are you guys going to the flea market? You don't need to bargain shop...

Bermuda: Oh, I'm not going to shop. I'm going to sell my paintings. Plus, it's right next to the karaoke place, and Bahama's been bugging me to take her.


Bermuda: Ok, honey. You can go do karaoke while Mommy sells her paintings. I'll be right across the street.

Bahama: Ok, Mom!


Huh, I didn't know you could sell paintings here.

Bermuda: I just found out myself. I know I can just sell them from home, but I like seeing the people who are buying them.


Bahama: So did you sell your paintings?

Bermuda: Yup! All of them!

Bahama: Cool. 

Bermuda: Did you learn any new songs at the karaoke club?

Bahama: Yeah!


Bahama, I don't think Misty needed a vocalist...

Misty: Oh, it's ok. I think it's kind of cute.


Uh-oh...


The first generation 2 Sim to go...


Wait...where's Grimmy?

Darlene: I...it all happened so fast...he was just...gone...

Bahama: It'll be ok, Grandma...


Well you two certainly have an interesting way of mourning.


Didn't want Khloe to one-up you?


You're taking over the garden?

Khloe: Well somebody has to! Honestly, I don't know why people plant these things if they're not going to take care of them.


Well, I don't think you're going to have much time for gardening from here on out.


Happy birthday, dear Cyprus...


Alright, first let's see his trait. I don't think we've done Inquisitive yet...


And he actually got a decent hairstyle!


Khloe: Well, aren't you just adorable...um, what do we do now?

Bermuda: You're asking me?

Khloe: You had a kid before!

Bermuda: Yeah, but mine didn't...do this. 

If I may make a suggestion, seeing as how his bedroom is in the basement teaching him some motor skills might be a good idea.


Khloe: That's it, little guy...you're a good dancer!

Well, that's one way to do it.


Khloe: Why are you crying now?

Cyprus: Hungry! Want applesauce!

Khloe: But...there's a plate right in front of you...with better food.

Cyprus: Applesauce!

Khloe: The news didn't mention this part...


I see things are going better on the work front. Nice job, Ezekiel.

Ezekiel: Thanks.


Croix: You ok there, Mom?

Darlene: (sigh) I guess so. It just takes some getting used to...

Croix: Going back to work didn't help?

Darlene: It did, a bit. I'm not sure how much use I've been lately, though.


Looks like they find you plenty useful.


Whoa...what are you doing?

Darlene: I'm...what am I doing?


Care to explain what that was about?

Darlene: I'm sorry...it's just...with Trinidad dying...I just snapped. And my grandson's dollhouse...

At least it's fixable.

Darlene: I know. I'd hate to have to explain that to him.


And it's time for our next new addition. Let's head to the hospital!


Receptionist: Alright, you can just follow the doctor on back...

Bermuda: The doctor? You mean that guy in the bright green pants?

Receptionist: Yes, he'll be your surgeon today.

Bermuda: Doesn't he have to...change first?


Ok, I'm just going to assume that this is the new work uniform for this hospital now...

Bermuda: I don't understand why the receptionist has to wear a mask and cap but he doesn't...

Me neither, Bermuda...


It's a girl! Welcome, baby Haiti...


Bermuda: Come on, baby...let's get you home. There's a lot of people waiting to meet you.



Oh hey, Croix is still here. Nice job.

Croix: Thanks.


Bahama: Mom, look what I learned how to do!

Bermuda: That's great, honey!

Bahama: If you go sell your paintings at the flea market again, can I go too and sell mine?

Bermuda: I think you're a bit too young to sell, honey...but I can put yours up next to mine.

Bahama: Ok...


So you guys have two daughters already...

Ezekiel: I know. It's crazy. It seems like just yesterday Bahama was this small.



Bermuda: Do you really think it's a good idea to give him pancakes on the couch?

Khloe: He throws a fit every time I put him in his chair. At this point, I just want him to eat.

Bermuda: Ok, but you're cleaning up the syrup.


Hey, nice job there Bahama.

Bahama: Thanks! 


Uh-oh...


(sigh) At least she and Trinidad will be together again.


And I see Grimmy actually bothered to show up this time.


Bye, Darlene.


Bahama: But Mommy...I don't want Grandma to die too! Who's going to make us breakfast in the morning?

Bermuda: It'll be ok. I promise. There are still plenty of people here to take care of all three of you kids.


Which is a good thing, because we're about to have another toddler.


Happy birthday, dear Haiti...


(sigh) I guess I had to roll that one eventually, right?


She's cute, though.


Bermuda: Ok, girls...story time!

Bahama: Mom, come on...that's a baby book!

Bermuda: Please just set a good example for your sister...she's thrown 3 tantrums already.

Hasn't she only been a toddler for the afternoon?

Bermuda: Yes, that's my point.


Well, it looks like the week is just about up. I'll let you get better acquainted with your little sister, and I'll see all of you guys next round.





A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I can't believe generation 2 is dying of old age already. This challenge is going so much faster in TS4 than it ever did in TS2. Trinidad's death did glitch out a bit-he turned into a ghost before he even hit the floor, and then his urn just appeared-no Grimmy or anything. Darlene took her husband's death extremely hard; she was a gloomy Sim anyway, but she was "very sad" pretty much up until the moment she died. It should be interesting to see how Haiti's fussy trait plays out. Cyprus is actually doing pretty well in his toddler skills-I guess having two stay-at-home adults helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment