Sunday, January 29, 2017

Howard 1: Round 13


Last round, Disgust Howard gave birth to her first child, Sadness, with her husband Herbert. Herbert and Sadness bonded by checking out the spice festival in the city. Meanwhile, Disgust also joined the culinary career like her father Cason while Herbert took a job in social media.


Hi, guys!

Cason: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

Anything new around here?

Joy: Not really...Herbert and Disgust are upstairs.


Hey there, guys!

Herbert: Oh, right...you.

So what's on the agenda for you two today?

Disgust: Well...


Whoa...ok...I'll just leave you two alone then.


Ok, we're not missing this one!


Oh, they made you change your last name too?

Disgust: Oh, don't even go there...stupid new rule. 

Who exactly came up with it, anyway?

Disgust: How should I know? I just know it's dumb.

Well, anyway, congrats on the baby.

Disgust: Thanks. 


We're not missing this one...happy birthday, dear Joy...





You ok?

Joy: Yes, I'm fine...it's not as painful as it looks.


Congratulations!

Disgust: Thanks.


Are you eating an ice cream cone for breakfast?

Sadness: Um....no....

You know, there's plates and plates of real food in there too.


So, remind me again what you actually do...

Herbert: I post status updates, share pictures, and try to get as many followers as possible.

I see. And do people pay to follow you?

Herbert: No.

So how is this supposed to make you any money?

Herbert: I'm not sure, exactly. But it's better than sitting in an office all day.


Cason: So, how long does he plan to keep this up?

Disgust: (sigh) I'm not sure. I thought this would just be a phase, but he seems committed to this. He even said he was up for a promotion...

Cason: Promotion? What could he possibly get promoted to?


Oh good, that sounds like a respectable title...

Herbert: Hey, a promotion's a promotion.


Oh, hi there Riley! What are you doing here?

Sadness: Um, we're like best friends!

Riley: Didn't you know that?

Well, I knew you two knew each other...


Sadness: Mom, do you want to watch a movie with me and Riley?

Disgust: Maybe later, girls. I'm not feeling so great all of a sudden...


Looks like it's baby time! Let's head to the hospital!


You brought your mom?

Disgust: Herbert is at work. Doing what, I don't exactly know, but he's there.

Joy: Are you feeling alright? Is everyone ok? 

Disgust: Mom, this is my second kid. I've been through this before...


Joy: Ok, dear, I'll wait right out here. 

Disgust: Um...alright, Mom.


It's a girl! Welcome, Hope!


Wow! I see Herbert won the genetic war with her!

Disgust: I'll say. She looks just like him.


Sadness: Um, mysterious voice?

Yes?

Sadness: Are you sure my mom took the right baby?

Yes, Sadness. Hope takes after your dad, you take after your mom.


So how does it feel to have two grandchildren?

Joy: I can't believe it. I am glad that they had another, though. Confusion and I had such fun together growing up. I know we weren't siblings, but it was sort of the same thing. I just wish I could have had more. I just wish Herbert would choose a more stable career...

I'm sure it will settle down as he gets promoted...


Or not. An internet personality? Really?


Ok, two questions. One, is "Simstagram" really a thing? And two, who is going to pay you for that?


Disgust: Ok, Herbert, this was cute for awhile, but we need to talk about this social media thing.

Herbert: Look, I know it's unconventional...

Disgust: That's an understatement.

Herbert: But it will let me work from home! I can stay home with the girls.

Disgust: I guess...I mean, according to the news Hope will be turning into one of those toddle-things any day now. It would be nice to know that one of us could stay home with her.


Speaking of any day now...


Happy birthday, dear Hope...


Ok, so she's a curious little girl...


Wow, she really does look just like her dad.


Oh, Riley's over again. Hey, Riley.

Sadness: I bet I can make it across the bars more times than you...

Riley: You're on!

You two are so cute together...


Sadness: I won!

Nice going!


Herbert: And then the littlest llama said...oh, 10 new followers!

Strange bedtime story you got there, Herbert.

Herbert: No, I mean I got 10 new followers on my profile! See, people love my status updates!

About what?

Herbert: Um...just, stuff. I'm still trying to figure that part out. I have to find my angle.


Sadness: Dad...can I please go to the kids center with Riley?

Herbert: I don't know...I kind of needed your help here with your sister.

Sadness: She can go too! They have a whole room for stuck kids...

Herbert: They're called toddlers, Sadness. But I guess getting her out of the house wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...alright, let me just get her dressed.

Sadness: Yes! I'll call Riley and tell her!


Come on, Hope...you're going out with your dad and sister.

Hope: Uni go?

No, I think that might be a bit hard to take along.


Herbert: Oh, no...I'm going with you guys.

Sadness: Dad...

Herbert: I promise, I'll stay in the toddler room with Hope. You won't even know I'm there.


Riley: Um...are you ok?

Sadness: Oh, yeah. It's just a little itchy. Come on, let's go see if anyone wants to play Don't Wake the Llama.

Riley: Why did your dad come? You were always allowed to go by yourself before.

Sadness: Oh, he's here with my little sister...

Riley: (gasp) Is she one of the stuck kids?

Sadness: Dad says it's not called a stuck kid-they're called toddlers. But yeah.

Riley: What's it like? 

Sadness: It's ok. She's kind of cute. Come on, let's go inside before the game table gets taken.


Ahh, so this is the fabled toddler room...

Herbert: This place is great! They have a story corner, a dollhouse, a whole corner with pillows for them to nap...


Who is this?

Herbert: This is the librarian...

Librarian? This is a library?

Librarian: Well, according to the city it is. "Children's Center" is not an available registry. I'm glad to see you've found our new toddler room.

Herbert: This place is great! It's so nice to have a place to come to get her out of the house.

Librarian: Well, we're here to serve the community's ever changing needs. And might I say how adorable your little girl is.

Herbert: Thank you. My older one is across the hall.

Librarian: It's so nice to see a father taking such an active role. Usually the older ones show up unsupervised.

Herbert: Well, I work from home a lot-I'm in social media...

Librarian: Oh, do you run a parenting blog?

Herbert: Um...yes! Yes I do!

Well, as much as I'd like to stick around and watch Herbert try and get this off the ground, I have to be moving on. I'll see all of you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, like I said, only children are probably going to be a thing of the past around here. I really like that Hope came out looking exactly like Herbert. This was the first lot where I took a toddler to a community venue. It ended up working out really well-Herbert was able to take care of Hope while Sadness played with Riley. And speaking of Sadness and Riley-they are adorable together. I had no idea they had become such good friends through being out in the neighborhood together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment