Friday, January 20, 2017

Palmer 2: Round 12


Last round, the Palmer family continued to try and keep up with their massive garden. Silas kept up his membership in the gardening club, which sat very well with his daughter Daisy who had developed quite the friendship with its' youngest member, Lucas. Meanwhile, Azalea continued to advance in the athletic career. 


Well, you're sure dressed up...

Azalea: I just got back from meeting some friends for dinner.

At midnight?

Azalea: It was a late dinner.

Silas: Why don't we...head to bed?


Whoa, ok...give the mysterious voice a chance to leave the room!


Really? You guys seemed so happy with one.

Azalea: Well, we were...but these things just happen sometimes.


How's the farm? I mean garden.

Addison: No, you were right the first time. It's getting to be so much to handle, even with Silas's help. But what else can we do? It's our main source of income.

What about Ryan's job?

Addison: It brings in some, and it's certainly more steady. But what about when Ryan and I are gone? Silas barely has any skills-all he's done since he moved in is help me out with the plants. 


At least Azalea's career is gong well. Wait...when did your last name change?

Azalea: Ugh, some stupid red tape at work. Suddenly they decided that married couples needed to have the same last name. Daisy is still named Palmer, though, and all the new baby will be too.

Oh, ok I guess...


Nice job on the promotion, anyway.

Azalea: Thanks.


Addison: I can't believe you're having another baby!

Azalea: I know. I just hope it isn't too much for Daisy...

Addison: She'll be fine. My mom had the twins when I was much older than her.

Your mom had the twins?

Addison: Yes...who else would have?

They never did explain that to you, did they?

Addison: Explain what?

(sigh) Nothing, it's a bit late to go into it now...


Nice job, Daisy!


Looks like she brought a friend over, too.

Daisy: You're a pretty good dancer, Lucas!

Lucas: I know. Sometimes I sneak and watch the music channel when my dad's not looking.

Daisy: Thanks for coming over for my birthday.

Birthday?


Ah, I see...


Happy Birthday, dear Daisy...


Successful Lineage, huh? There have been a few of those this round. I think this town is heading for a growth spurt.


And I'm not crazy about all the makeup, but otherwise not bad


I guess we're celebrating Lucas's birthday, too. Happy birthday, dear Lucas...


Yeah...that's pretty much exactly how I expected him to look.


One grows up, one more comes in. It's baby time!


Silas: Good luck...

Azalea: I'll be fine, Silas. I promise...


Um...

Doctor: What, it's almost 2am! I didn't have time to change...

Ok, two things. 1, it takes you guys about 5 seconds to change clothes. And 2, that is what you're wearing at 2am?


It's a boy! Welcome, Thistle...






Azalea: Come on, buddy. Let's get you home so you can meet your big sister...


Well at least the bassinet matches...but why is he in your room?

Daisy: It's his room now. Mom and Dad want him in the room right next to them, so I'm moving into Mom's old room upstairs.

Are you ok with that?

Daisy: I guess so. It's just that nobody really goes up there, you know? Except for Grandma and Grandpa. It's like the old people floor.



How you liking your first grandson?

Ryan: Well, so far he's not that different from when Daisy was first born. I'm sure once he's a child...

Yeah, about that...have you talked to your sister?

Ryan: Sure, Alyssa and I talk every day.

No, the other one.

Ryan: Other one? Oh, Sabrina? No, not recently. Why?

There's something I should warn you about...

Ryan: Can it wait? I think this little guy needs a diaper change.

Have at it. I'll catch up with you later.


Azalea, it's been almost a day. I think you can change out of the hospital gown now.

Azalea: Oh...you know, I didn't even notice...

I guess having a newborn will do that. Wait...why did Ryan just get home? It's the middle of the...


Uh-oh...


Looks like it's time to say goodbye to Ryan.


Including the...mail carrier? I didn't know Ryan and the mail lady were that close.

Mail Carrier: Oh, we weren't. I barely knew him.

So you just stopped to watch him die? I can't decide which is more creepy.


Bye, Ryan...


Daisy: I'm sorry you had to see that.

Lucas: Me? It was your grandpa. I'm sorry you had to see that. 

At least Daisy has a good friend to lean on.


Azalea: What? No...

I'm sorry, Azalea...


Azalea: I should have been there! I could have done something...

Addison: Azalea, sweetie, there's nothing you could have done. It was your father's time. 

Azalea: I know that. It's just...it just seems too soon. 

Addison: We're all getting older, sweetie. Look at you. You have a teenage daughter. And Thistle is almost out of the bassinet-he'll be in school soon.

Right, um, listen, I hate to interrupt this moment, but...


Silas: I know what will make you feel better...

Apparently Silas is going to interrupt it for me.

Azalea: Really? What?


Does this really count as "feeling better"?


Azalea: We're pregnant again?!

Silas: But we were so careful!

Azalea: It's too late for this! What if we die before it graduates? 

Silas: What?

Azalea: My mom's right, we're all getting older! That happened to my aunt, you know. Her parents had her late, and they ended up dying before she was even out of high school. Silas, I don't want that to happen to our baby!

Silas: It won't...it won't. I promise.


Well, looks like I'm out of time to warn them. Happy birthday, dear Thistle...




Silas: Huh?

Silas, meet your new toddler.

Silas: Toddle-what?


Silas: What...how...when...

Look, I'll try to explain it to you, but first, can we please tame his hair?


Much better. And I see you found the high chair. Good first step.

Silas: So...what's wrong with him?

Nothing is wrong with him. I promise.

Silas: But...what do we do? I mean, he can't go to school like this!

True. But there are other things for him to learn first. Like, for example, how to eat a sandwich without throwing it off the tray.



Silas: It sure is strange that this just happened out of nowhere. I wonder if he's the only one.

Addison: He's not. I've been doing some research. I'm taking him tomorrow to get some more information

Silas: Wait...you're taking him outside?

Addison: He's not a vampire, Silas.

One thing at a time...one thing at a time...


Where are you two going?

Addison: To catch up with someone...


Addison: Hi, Sabrina. How are you?

Sabrina: Oh, hi Addison. Sorry to hear about Ryan.

Addison: Yes, I know. We missed you at the funeral.

Sabrina: Well, you know...we were never that close. Anyway, I suppose you're here to talk to Misty? She and Erica are upstairs.


Addison: So...is it true?

Misty: Yes! I'm so relieved she's not the only one! I haven't been able to find anybody else in town! What is going on?

Addison: The voice called it being a toddler. I've never heard that word before.

Misty: Me neither! But when I go online there's all these articles about how to take care of them-as if this is just a normal thing!

Um...pardon the interruption but...where are the toddlers?

Misty: Aldo is watching them.


Aww, they're making friends.


And something tells me I'm going to be able to embarrass them with this picture later on.


Addison: So you had to buy all this stuff too?

Misty: I know, right? It's like they made a whole industry out of this...crisis!

Crisis? Ok, hold on...

Misty: Well, what would you call it? We're about to have an entire generation of kids that can't start school! Think about what that will do to the economy! To society! To...

Yet. They can't start school yet. I keep telling you, just give it some time and everything will be ok. (sigh) I'm going to go check back in with the rest of the family...just make sure Thistle gets home ok?


Azalea: Daisy, honey...what's wrong?

Daisy: Mom...I really miss Grandpa....

Azalea: I know, honey. I do too.

Daisy: It's so weird being upstairs next to his room...I can hear Grandma crying at night and I just can't sleep...

Azalea: I know. If you want you can sleep on the sofa in the basement for a few nights. 



How'd you get stuck on potty training duty?

Daisy: Well, Mom's at work, and since I'm sleeping on the couch down here I figured I'd help out with the little guy.  I have no idea what I'm doing, though.

That's ok, I don't think any of you guys do.


Daisy: He is kind of cute, though.

See? It's not that bad. It will be fine, I promise. 

Daisy: Do you think the new baby will turn into one of these too?

Yup. But unfortunately I've got to head on my way before it gets here...


Oh, I guess we have one more promotion for the road. Nice job, Azalea. I'll see you guys next round!





A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yeah, I think only children around this town are going to be a thing of the past. First, about Azalea's last name...after one of the last patches that came out I had to replace the mod I used that paused pregnancy when I left the lot. I ended up having to install the Master Controller mod, even though it has way more functionality than I needed, and evidently one of the default settings is for married couples to take the male's last name. This was retroactively applied to already married couples, not just new ones. Luckily, the game lets you input a last name at birth, so Azalea's kids will still be named "Palmer" regardless. I do have a mod that allows me to rename Sims without going into CAS, so at some point I'll need to change their names back to normal. Anyway, I love that you can take toddlers to other lots! Watching Thistle and Erica make friends was seriously adorable. 


No comments:

Post a Comment