Sunday, January 15, 2017

Lytle 1: Round 10



Alright, moving right along, we now have the Lytle family. Last round, Charley and Nimbus moved into their new home to begin their lives together. Money was tight, so Nimbus took a job as a secret agent in addition to his garden while Charley entered the show business career. Charley quickly became pregnant, and gave birth to a son, Moss.


(clears throat)

Nimbus: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

What are you two up to?

Charley: Oh, nothing. 


Moss: Hi! I'm Moss. I don't think we've met.

Daisy: I'm Daisy. We live across the street. Say, why do you have weird glowing flowers in your front yard?

Moss: I don't know. Why do you have a big cow head in your backyard?

Daisy: I don't know either.

I'm officially naming this section of town the "strange garden" district. 


Nice going, Charley.

Charley: Thanks. All that practice on maternity leave paid off. 


You too, Nimbus.

Nimbus: Thanks.


And it seems those promotions couldn't come soon enough.


Charley: Nimbus, I have something to tell you...I'm pregnant!

Nimbus: Again?

Charley: Uh-huh...

Nimbus: So, we're going to have two now.

Charley: Uh-huh...

Possibly more than that...

Nimbus: Oh, why would you bring that up...it's ok, it's ok. We're going to be fine. It's just one more. How much more could it be?


Moss: Guess what? I'm getting a little brother or sister!

Eve: Ugh! Why are you so excited? Little brothers and sisters are the worst!

Um, Eve? You are a little sister.

Eve: Yeah, but I'm also the oldest of Buzz, Merida and me. So I'm kind of both. And let me tell you, it's the worst. Especially if they have to share your room.


Well, no turning back now. Let's head to the hospital.


Doctor: Oh, my...let's get you inside.


Doctor: Ok, now just relax...


Nimbus: I'm here! I'm here! What did I miss?

Nothing yet, but for heavens' sake catch your breath before you faint.


Looks like we've got another boy!


So you did manage to tack on a room for him?

Charley: Somehow, yes. We didn't think it was fair to make Moss sleep with a newborn.


What? That was fast.

Charley: I don't know how this happened...

Well, it seems like you should be getting the gist of it by now!

Charley: How am I going to explain this to Nimbus?


Which one?

Charley: Shh!


Well, this should soften the blow a little.

Charley: Don't remind me. Is he home?

Uh-huh.


Charley: Nimbus, honey...Forest is really cute, right?

Nimbus: Yeah...

Charley: Wouldn't it be great if...I don't know...we had another one of him?

Nimbus: I don't like where this is going...


Yeah, maybe Moss should head to a friend's for awhile.


Moss: Hi, Nemo. Hi, Daisy. What are you doing here?

Daisy: Just dropping by.

Moss: It's so crowded here now!

Nemo: Don't remind me. Be glad you only have one brother.

Moss: I think Mom's having another baby. Dad's kind of mad. He says we can't afford another one. I think I'm going to have to share my room now.

Nemo: That's too bad. You should tell them even I still have my own room and my mom had triplets.


Well, at least there won't be two babies in the house at the same time. Happy birthday, dear Forest...


Not bad. How about an aspiration?


Forest: I want lots of friends!

Fine, social butterfly it is.


Forest: Dad, are you mad about the new baby?

Nimbus: Not mad. It's just a bit unexpected. I just don't know if we're ready to have three kids so soon


Well ready or not, here it comes.


Receptionist: Back so soon?

Charley: I know, I know.


Doctor: Ok, you know the drill...no husband this time?

Charley: No, he's at home with the other two.



Another boy. Welcome Hunter.


Well, as much as I'd like to stay and watch this drama unfold I have to be moving on. Good luck, guys. I'll see you next round.


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: So if memory serves me correctly, this lot marked the beginning of the "skill/job" boost week, hence all the promotions. Even with the promotions, though, making room for two more kids in one week was a challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment