Sunday, January 15, 2017

Palmer 1: Round 10


Last round, Madison and Stratus's son, Nemo, grew into a child. His parents worried about his half-alien appearance as he started school, but they proved unfounded. Meanwhile, Madison continued to advance in the astronaut career while Stratus progressed in the culinary field. 


Hi, guys!

Stratus: Hi mysterious voice.

Madison: ...Oh, hi.

Something wrong?

Madison: No....at least, I don't think so. I've been a little moody recently.


Madison: I'll be right back...

Stratus: You ok?

Madison: For the last time, yes. I just have to go to the bathroom!


I guess that would explain the moodiness. 


Nemo: Hi Moss!

Moss: Want to come over?

Nemo: Sure. My mom's been acting super weird.


Nemo: Hey, cool shirt!

Moss: Thanks. You too. So, what's up with your mom?

Nemo: She's going to have another baby...it's making her act all weird.


Uh-oh...I don't think this is going to help that situation...


Joy: Oh, are...are you ok?


Wait...why am I hearing happy music?

Madison: What are you talking about?


Stratus: Hey, everybody! I got a promotion...


You know, I'm sure Grimmy is very happy for you Stratus, but this may not be the best time.


Who is that?

Madison: Who knows? I probably only met him once. For some reason every person I talk to ends up with my phone number.

You know...that is a bit strange now that you mention it.


Sorry about your grandpa, Nemo.

Nemo: I'm ok. But Mommy's really sad.

You're getting pretty good at that violin, though.

Nemo: Thanks. Dad says I don't even sound like a dying animal anymore.


Aw, Madison...

Madison: I knew he was going to die eventually. I just didn't expect it to be so soon.

He'll always be with you, you know.

Madison: I know. I keep telling myself that. Maybe it's just the hormones...


Aww, you two are pretty cute together...I'll have to remember that.

Misty: Huh?

Nemo: Remember what?

Nothing...nothing...


Alyssa: Hi, Madison. How are you feeling?

Madison: Eh, ok I guess. Something about this pregnancy just feels...off.

Alyssa: Off how?

Madison: I can't really explain it. Maybe it's because Dad just died...

Alyssa: It could be emotional. But maybe you should head down to the hospital...





Well, you heard the doctor. Let's go.


Stratus: Wait for me! 



Looks like it's a good day for Nemo, too. Congratulations!


Doctor: Now just relax...you've been through this before, I see.

Madison: Yes, but...this one feels odd. I can't explain it...




Maybe because this one was a girl? Welcome Eve!



Or because it was twins! Welcome Merida...


Oh...right...that can happen. Welcome Buzz!


So, three babies...

Stratus: Uh-huh...

And Nemo is still in grade school.

Stratus: Uh-huh...

Your phone is ringing...

Stratus: Uh-huh...


Stratus: Mom!

Jenifer: I just got the news. I'll be over as soon as I can.

Stratus: You really don't...I'll leave the front door open.


Nemo: Hi, Grandma!

Jenifer: Well, hello there big brother!

Stratus: The babies are all sleeping, Mom. For now.

Jenifer: Well, I guess that means I can catch up with Nemo while we wait for them to wake up.


Jenifer: Can you believe you have two sisters and a brother?

Nemo: I know! I didn't even know that could happen.

You and I both, kid.


Jenifer: Oh, I think I hear crying. I'll see you later, ok?

Nemo: Ok, Grandma...


So, it's not bothering you that the babies are blue?

Jenifer: Why would it? Rain was blue, and she was perfectly normal.

Um...

Jenifer: She was perfectly normal.

Whatever you say.


I guess with triplets it's all hands on deck...even if the night watch has to come back from the afterlife.


Nemo: Do you have to cry so loud? I can hear you all the way in my room.

Well, they've got to edge out the competition, I guess.


Stratus: So, how did the dollhouse break?

Nemo: I don't know.

Stratus: Really?

Nemo: Yeah. Maybe one of the babies did it.

Stratus: The babies broke the dollhouse?

Nemo: Yup.

Nemo, the babies cannot leave their cribs.

Nemo: Shh!


Nemo: Listen, if anybody asks, Eve broke the dollhouse, ok? Back me up on this. We've got to stick together.

I think you may have to wait a bit longer to start hatching plots with your brother, Nemo.


Um...ok, when I told Madison that Finley would always be here, I didn't mean that he would be texting her from beyond the grave...



Nice job, Nemo. 

Nemo: Thanks. I've had a lot of time to practice since the babies were born.


Alright, let's do this...


Um...are you sure this one is Buzz?


I guess so. At least it looks like we can re-use Nemo's creativity stuff. Ok, who's next?


Eve...



One for whiz kid...


Last one up...


And we have one social butterfly. At least there are plenty of other kids in her own house to make friends with.


Um...what are you doing?

Merida: Checking if the coast is clear...





Merida: How come the dollhouse is in your room? 

Buzz: I don't know. It just is. You can play if you want.


Madison: So in a couple days, you three are going to start school...

Eve: Really?

Buzz: Do we have to?


I think I can speak for Madison when I say yes, yes you do. But, that is going to have to wait until next round. Good luck, guys.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Tranquility Creek's first triplets! Yeah, I'm kind of glad I played this lot well before toddlers happened. Triplet babies were bad enough. Jenifer actually did come over as soon as they got back from the hospital and autonomously cared for the babies for the first day-it was really sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment