Sunday, January 15, 2017

Palmer 2: Round 10


Last round, Azalea Palmer joined an after-school workout club. Her parents Ryan and Addison were concerned about her newfound fixation, especially after she started becoming very close to one of the other members, Silas. By the end of the week, both Azalea and Silas had graduated from high school and were quickly married, with Azalea finding out she was pregnant with their first child.


Where are you?

Azalea: I thought I'd stop and grab a snack...but then my water broke.

Ok, let's get you to the hospital...

Azalea: We have to wait for Silas...

Don't worry, I'll take care of it.


Doctor: Ok, Azalea. Just relax... 




It's a girl! Welcome, Daisy!


Um...this is her room?

Ryan: We're still working on it.


Oh, don't tell me you're trying to conjure up baby furniture with that thing.

Ryan: Of course not. I'm trying to get something I can sell so I can pay for the baby furniture.


Silas: Sorry I wasn't there to take you to the hospital.

Azalea: It's ok. She's here now, that's what matters.


Right...I forgot about that thing.

Silas: Are you sure it's safe to keep this thing in the yard? It seems like there should be regulations about this sort of thing.

Yes, Silas. I completely agree.

Azalea: You both worry too much. He's friendly. You can even play with him.

As I recall, your dad "played with" him inside his mouth at least a couple of times...


No surprises here...



Nice job, Ryan.

Ryan: Thanks.


Already? I hope they got the room finished, because she's going to notice it now.


Not bad. How about an aspiration?


Daisy: I want to play outside!

Alright, motor it is.


Azalea: Huh, you know, we did a pretty good job on this room.

Yeah, it only took you until the kid was school-age...

Azalea: Better late than never, right?



Right...Silas is in the garden club. 

Silas: Yeah, I'll be right there...but can I bring my daughter?

Lucas: You have a daughter? Please bring her-I'm the only kid in the group and it gets so boring!


Silas: So, um...Bjorn...I have to ask. Lucas doesn't seem all that interested in gardening. What made him want to join a gardening club?

Bjorn: What are you talking about? He loves gardening-just like his Papa. Right, Lucas? Lucas?


Daisy: Hi. Did your dad make you come here?

Lucas: Yeah.

Daisy: Me too. Want to go play on the jungle gym?

Lucas: I can't. Dad says I can only do stuff the club wants to do.

Daisy: Aw. Hey, want to come to my house tomorrow? We have a big garden-you can tell your dad that's what we're doing.

Lucas: Ok!


Silas: So, um...Lucas...you really like hanging out with all your dad's gardening buddies?

Lucas: Well, my dad likes having me there. But I wish there were some other kids. Do you think you could bring Daisy again the next time we meet?

Silas: I'll see what I can do, kid.


Um, ok, I'll just ask it. How do you eat through that mask?

Azalea: There's an opening under the snout. It's so I don't get dehydrated-nobody wants to see a llama collapse.

I see. 


Ryan: Whoa, are you ok, Daisy?

Daisy: Yeah, why?

Ryan: Well, you're kind of covered in stripes. Maybe you should take it easy today.

Daisy: But I was going to go to the park with Grandma.

Ryan: Well, you and Grandma can hang out here.



Yeah, I guess it's time these two got reunited.


Aruba: It's so good to see you!

Azalea: I know. We haven't seen each other since the wedding. How's construction going?

Aruba: Slowly. But it's a great neighborhood. 


Azalea: It really is beautiful here.

Aruba: I know. I just can't believe it. We're both married, you have a daughter...how are your parents doing, by the way?


Speaking of...


Happy birthday, dear Ryan...


Aging to an elder looks so painful...

Ryan: I'm fine...really.


What about Addison?

Ryan: Her birthday's not for a little while yet.


Um...

Addison: What? She's sick, so we're having a movie day.

You might want to tear yourself away from the screen for a moment.


The nap seems to have helped, though. 

Daisy: Yeah, Dad let me go to the park after Grandma woke me up.


And one more piece of good news to round out the week. Ok, I guess I'll see you guys next round!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: I really need to stop waiting so long between when I play these lots and when I post them. Not much seems to have happened with these guys this round, other than Azalea having Daisy. This lot is also kind of hard to play because of all the plants-there isn't room on the lot for much else. I would have loved to put in a small pool to help Daisy build her motor skill, but the garden takes up all the yard space. They may have to downsize in the coming rounds, as it really doesn't bring in as much money as I'd hoped it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment