Sunday, January 15, 2017

Bernard 3: Round 10


And at long last, we've arrived at the final lot of Round 10. This one belongs to Aruba and Trout Bernard-the other halves of their respective sets of twins.


Trout: Sorry I was gone so long. The new baby is adorable. But look, I brought the mysterious voice with me!

Aruba: Well, honey, first of all, I can't see the mysterious voice so I can't look. But also, I have something to tell you...


Uh-huh...no surprises here.


Aruba: Isn't it exciting? We're going to be parents!

Trout: Um, yeah...exciting. But, shouldn't we get jobs first?

Aruba: Good point.





Ok, so we've got a writer and a tech guru. Glad to see nobody here shares Salmon's taste in careers.


Speaking of...

Trout: Shouldn't you be at home? Or at work?

Salmon: Nah. See, that's the beauty of it. I am at work. Everywhere I go. If I see a crime, I commit it. 

Trout: So, not only are you a criminal...you're a slacker criminal. Got it.


Starting a garden?

Aruba: Yeah. I took some random seeds when I left my parents' house. So did Trout. Even if it doesn't bring in much money it will save us on the food bill.


Man, the afterlife must have great cell reception.


Making breakfast?

Trout: Yeah, Aruba hasn't been feeling great lately so I thought I'd make her something.


You might want to make it to go. It's baby time.


Aruba: Can't I sleep first?

Unfortunately no...I don't think the baby's going to wait while you take a nap.



So, do these doctors work like, month-long shifts at this hospital?


Finally! It's been forever since we've had a girl around here. Welcome, Alderaan!


Appropriate onesie, too.


Aww, Trinidad is a proud grandpa!


This better not be what it looks like...

Aruba: Huh? Oh, no...I'm fixing it.

Oh, good. Rapid-fire babies seems to be the trend around here recently.


So, you guys are happy with the one kid?

Trout: For now. We both came from such huge families, we just kind of want to see what having one is like. I can't see how Salmon and Jamaica managed having two so close together.


Happy birthday, dear Alderaan...


Hmm...well, you'll need a new hairstyle, but otherwise, ok. What about an aspiration?


An artist...ok, very do-able.


Making friends with your bear?

Alderaan: Yeah. I don't have anybody else to play with. I haven't gone to school yet so I don't have any friends.


Aruba: How was your first day of school, honey?

Alderaan: Mom, did you know that a kid in my class has 2 little sisters and a little brother? And did you know that another kid has 3 little brothers already and his mom's having another baby? How come I don't have 1 brother or sister?

Aruba: Hmm...I don't know. It just isn't the right time now, honey. Besides, when I was your age I would have loved to be an only child. Your father would have, too.


Aww, well, I think it's about time for me to be moving on. I'll see you guys next round!





A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And that wraps up round 10! Pretty uneventful way to end it, but since Trout and Aruba had a girl on the first try there was no reason to keep trying for an heiress to the house. These guys may have another kid at some point (especially now that the game patched in toddlers) but there's no rush. 


No comments:

Post a Comment