Thursday, January 19, 2017

Howard 1: Round 12



Last round, Disgust aged from a teenager to a young adult, leaving her less than desirable high school friends behind her. Her boyfriend Herbert quickly moved in, and the two were married in a ceremony in the family's basement. By the end of the week, she was pregnant with her first child.



And we got here just in time for labor. Let's head to the hospital!


Herbert: Ok, I can do this...I can do this...

Disgust: You can do what? I'm the one having the baby!


Hey, we got a nurse this time!


Herbert, maybe you should wait in the waiting room?

Herbert: Why?

Because there's only one machine in here and you look like you're about to collapse.


Welcome, Sadness! (Man, these guys have some unfortunate names.)


And it looks like Disgust won the skin tone war...



Disgust: I can't believe I'm a mother!

I can't either.


Herbert: There we go! She's all settled in her new room. I got everything set up...

Disgust: Herbert, you wheeled her bassinet down the hall. My parents did the rest while we were at the hospital.

Herbert: Oh, right.


Um...hi there Stratus. What are you doing here?

Stratus: I just stopped by and I noticed the baby crying...

Well, hey, I'm sure Herbert and Disgust aren't going to turn down the help.


What are you making?

Herbert: I'm not sure exactly.

You know, maybe it's none of my business but since you have a baby now and everything...maybe you should get a job?

Herbert: Eh, I'm just not sure what I want to do. Nothing seems to be speaking to me.

Well, I'm speaking to you. Get a job.


Nice job! You're at mixologist already?

Disgust: I started a bit farther in since my grades were so good in school.


Again, any help is appreciated...even if it comes from a strange place. And I guess Sadness has to get to know her great-grandparents somehow.



Happy birthday, dear Sadness...  


Well, the hair and sunglasses combo needs some work, but otherwise not bad. How about an aspiration?


Man, it seems like everybody's been rolling that one lately. That's going to be one fit elementary school.


Much better.


Sadness: Ahh!

Let me guess, monster?

Sadness: How did you know?

You're not alone.


Ok, I'm not missing this one!


Happy birthday, dear Cason...


At least I remembered the cake!





Social Media? That's a job?

Herbert: Sure, why not?


Wait...that's a work assignment?


Disgust: So, what exactly do you do?

Herbert: Well, I'm not sure exactly. I set up a profile, and then I try to get people to look at it? The ad was kind of vague.

Disgust: Well, since you're doing whatever it is you do at home tomorrow, can you watch Sadness while I'm at work? 

Herbert: Sure...


Sadness: Ok, listen monster. I don't want to see you tonight, so you just stay away from my bed, ok? I have a special day with Daddy tomorrow and I have to get some sleep!


Herbert: So, we've got the whole day. What do you want to do?

Sadness: Can we go to the city?

The city? Since when is there a city?

Sadness: There's always been a city. We've just never gone there.

Somehow I don't think that's true.

Herbert: I don't know...

Sadness: Please? I want to go to the park!

Herbert: Oh, ok. Let's go.


Looks like this place has become quite the destination.

Herbert: Yeah, I don't know why we've never come here before.

Where's Sadness?

Herbert: Oh, she's over on the playground. I figured I'd get a jog in while she played.


So where are you going next?

Sadness: Dad's going to find a place to teach me to play basketball.


I see, but what's with all the flags?


Herbert: Apparently we came on spice festival day.

Sadness: Spice festival? Cool! Can we go, Dad? Please?


I don't think Herbert's having a very good time.

Herbert: They said this was the mild version!


Sadness: Can I enter too? I want a shirt like yours!

Herbert: I don't know if it's safe, Sadness. It's pretty spicy.

Sadness: I like spicy!


You seem to have fared better than your dad.

Sadness: I ate the whole thing! Dad only ate like two bites!

Well, come on. You two have to get home before your mom.


Nice going.

Joy: Thanks.


Engagement Monkey?

Herbert: I don't know either.


Man, we're wrapping things up with promotions all around here, aren't we? But I've really got to be on my way. I'll see all of you next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And there we have where City Living landed. We're almost caught up now! I really like the addition of festivals. I may not take my Sims to them every time they come up, but Herbert and Sadness were already in San Myshuno when the notification for the spice festival came up and it was really cute to see them explore it together. Sadness really can tolerate a lot more spice in her food than her dad can.

No comments:

Post a Comment