Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Kauker 1: Round 11


Last round, Arielle Kauker and Cirrus Flenderson continued to advance in their chosen fields of technology and business. Their older son Galaxy excelled in school, and was soon joined by a little brother, Planet. By the end of the week, Arielle was also pregnant with the couple's third child.


...who apparently couldn't even wait until we got to the hospital to arrive. Welcome, baby Universe.


Arielle: Aw, she's adorable!

Sorry you didn't make it to the hospital.

Arielle: It's just as well. I can rest more here, anyway.


Cirrus: Our last baby...

You sure? You're not trying to keep up with your brother?

Cirrus: Oh, no. Three is plenty, thank you.


Who are you?

Cirrus: This is...

Jasmine: My name's Jasmine. I'm the community coordinator...

Oh. I'm the neighborhood narrator...

Jasmine: I see. Well, anyway, I'm here to see if you want to sign up for our new community challenge!

Community challenge?

Jasmine: Yes! All you have to do is fill out these forms, and you guys will all perform better at work and school...

Wait, how does this work, exactly...

Cirrus: Sign me up! 


Planet: Mom, can I go over to Luke's house?

Arielle: Sure, honey. Just be back before bedtime.


Planet: Man, having a little sister is awesome! Mom's so busy, she lets me do whatever I want! What about you?

Luke: I think my mom's more busy trying to get my dad to change jobs.

Planet: What does he do?

Luke: I don't know exactly; Mom's never told me. But whatever it is, she doesn't like it. She told me to tell people he works at a bank.

Planet: What's a bank?

Luke: Exactly. 


Well, those forms seem to have paid off.


For both of you.

Arielle: There has to be a catch to this...


Happy birthday, dear Universe...


Looks like we've got a rambunctious one. Let's see what she looks like...


Not bad, but maybe lose the sunglasses? I don't want you bumping into anything.


Again?

Arielle: I know. There has to be a catch. Before it would take me the entire week to just earn one promotion.


Let me guess...monster?

Galaxy: Yes!

Universe: What do we do? Mom and Dad aren't home! Galaxy, you're the oldest. You think of something!

Galaxy: Um...maybe we can find the monster spray? I've seen the bottle-it looks just like the cleaning stuff in the kitchen.

Planet: Mom says we're not supposed to touch the cleaning stuff, though. How do we know which one's the monster spray?

Universe: Maybe we can trap the monster!

Planet: How?

Universe: We just need some bait...let's go find some frogs!


Man, I don't know what those forms did but I can't argue with results.

Cirrus: I know. 


Looks like it's been a good week for Galaxy, too.


Galaxy: Dad? Do you have any rope?

Cirrus: Um...no. Why?

Galaxy: We're setting a monster trap.


Cirrus: Galaxy, there's no such thing as monsters. You know that. Besides, you're the biggest. You should be telling your brother and sister there is no monster, not helping them set a trap. 

Galaxy: No, Dad. There is. I saw it. We all did. But Universe has a plan to catch it. We just need some rope...


Ok, I'm with you. There has to be a catch to this.

Arielle: I know. I just wish I could figure out what it was.


Looks like the monster trap team is about to lose a member.


Happy birthday, dear Galaxy...


What is with this family and sunglasses? Anyway, how about an aspiration?


Galaxy: I want a really nice family.

Ok, very do-able.


Looks like it's Dad's birthday too. Happy birthday, dear Cirrus...


Kind of anti-climatic. 

Cirrus: I know. We shouldn't have done Galaxy's first.


Planet: Don't worry, I'll still help you trap the monster!

Aww. Unfortunately I'm afraid I have to be moving on. You guys get working on that monster trap. I'll check up on you next round.



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Ok, so I may have been wrong before-this is when the skill/job boost challenge happened. It's a good thing that challenge came along when it did-these guys needed the boost. And I'm really glad they seem to have toned down the monsters under the bed thing-it's cute every once in awhile, but every kid every night got old pretty fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment