Thursday, January 19, 2017

Palmer 3: Round 11


Ok, so last round things got a little out of order. The third Palmer house actually comes before the Bernard/Hannon twins, not after. Anyway, last round the couple's older child Jessie grew from a baby to a child, and they added a second daughter, Riley. Meanwhile, Blair struggled to find a balance between parenting and her social life.


And I see we're starting things off with some excitement!

Marlin: See? It happened again!


At least you're handy with the fire extinguisher.

Marlin: That's it-we're getting rid of this thing.

I hate to break this to you, Marlin, but she needs that thing to complete her aspiration.

Marlin: Well...at least take a break from it for the rest of the day.


Blair: Are you sure you can handle things while I go to work?

Marlin: Of course I can. What makes you think...

Blair: Our daughter's bedroom just went up in flames.

Marlin: I promise, I have everything under control.


You again...

Blair: So what's this I hear about filling out some sort of form to get promoted faster...

Jasmine: Yes, just sign here...and here...and initial here...

I hope Blair is reading the fine print. There has to be a catch to this.

Blair: Oh, relax, mysterious voice. You worry too much.


Marlin: See? We can have fun without the chemistry set.

Jessie: I guess so.

Marlin: Let's see...what other fun things can we do? How about a story?


Marlin: And then the wizard said...oh, shoot. It's time for me to head to work.

Jessie: I don't think that's what the wizard said.

Yeah, me either.

Marlin: We'll pick this back up later, ok?


Let me guess...you guys filled out the forms too?

Marlin: Of course. Who wouldn't?

I guess if there was a catch it would have shown itself by now...


Aww, looks like someone's having a sick day.


You're spending your sick day playing chess?

Jessie: I don't have much else to doDad took away the chemistry table for awhile. 

You know, considering it caught on fire twice that might be for the best.


Looks like Jessie will have a playmate soon. Happy birthday, dear Riley...


Hey, she got her mom's hair! How about an aspiration for you?


Rambunctious Scamp again. Man, that playground is going to be crowded the next few rounds.


Congratulations, Blair.

Blair: Thanks.


(sigh) Let me guess. There's a monster in your room?

Riley: Uh-huh. That's why I'm sleeping in Jessie's room.



Jessie: Dad, you have to do something about this. I can't have her sleep in my room anymore!

Marlin: Ok, ok...maybe 


Jessie: Thanks for making the monster spray, mom.

Blair: No problem. I got the recipe from your aunt Madison.

So you two are talking again?

Blair: We were never not talking. I just couldn't live there anymore.

Jessie: Mom...you and aunt Madison are twins, right?

Blair: Yes.

Jessie: Than how come she's not blue like you are?

Blair: Well...sometimes twins come out different, honey.


Oops...


Sorry. I'm missing all the birthdays lately...

Blair: (sigh) It's ok, I guess.

I have to admit, I'm impressed you didn't out Madison to Jessie.

Blair: Maybe I'm getting more mature in my old age. Besides, they'll be plenty of time to explain that whole mess when she's older.


Blair: Jessie, this is Maxwell. I met him while I was outside getting the mail. I think you two might get along, so...have at it. Your father and I will both be at work.

So, you invited a random child off the street into your house to introduce him to your daughter, and are now leaving them alone?

Blair: Yes...she needs to make some friends. She spends too much time at that chemical table, and she refuses to go out anywhere so I'm bringing the friends here.




I guess all that painting is paying off.

Blair: In more ways than one.


Nice job.

Marlin: Thanks. I'm hoping I can get farther ahead than my dad did.


Where's Maxwell?

Jessie: He went home. I told him he could.

Probably for the best; I don't think your mom really wants a kidnapping investigation. Hey, it's not on fire this time!

Jessie: I know, I'm getting pretty good at this.


I'll say you are. But do me a favor and get off that thing before your dad sees. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I know I'm not doing much story-wise with these catch-up lots. Once we reach the point I'm actually at in the game it will come easier since I'll actually remember why I took the pictures I did. Anyway, I really hope they do the triple boost thing again in the future; that helped out a lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment