Thursday, January 19, 2017

Palmer 1: Round 12


Last round was chaotic for the Palmers, as triplets Eve, Buzz, and Merida all entered school and began chasing after their aspirations. This proved stressful for Madison, as well as Stratus who felt pressured to help out with the kids despite working at night in the culinary career. Meanwhile older son Nemo grew to a teenager and entered the dating scene. 


I'm surprised your mom let you back on that thing.

Eve: I just can't use it for very long. Besides, we're going out today.

Where are you going?


A flea market?

Eve: Yeah. Mom's even giving all of us some money so we can buy something if we like it.


Merida: I love this lamp...Eve, do you like this lamp too? We can put our money together and buy it for our room!

Where's Buzz?

Merida: Mom took him to play basketball. He doesn't like shopping.


Buzz: Wow, Mom! You're good!

Madison: Eh, I'm alright.



Madison: This place is great.

Lily: Have you found anything?

Madison: For me, no. But my daughters found this really tacky lamp for their room. And one of them is now convinced she'll be able to sell the potions off of her chemistry set next time.


Wow, someone actually did it? Nice job, Merida. Two down!




Oh, yeah. I always forget Madison is in the astronaut career.


Wait...who is this?

Nemo: Adrianna.

What happened to Merylin?

Nemo: Well...


Wait, you're still seeing Marylin?

Nemo: Sort of...I never really committed to her one way or the other, so she just keeps calling me.

Did you tell her about Adrianna?

Nemo: Not exactly...


Marylin: This place is great, isn't it?

Nemo: Mmhm...yeah, great place for a friendly breakfast. And nothing more...




Ok, I'll bite again. What is GeekCon?

Madison: Oh, it's this festival in the...

Festival in the city. Yes, I know that part.

Madison: People dress up, they build rockets, play video games...it sounds like fun. I think we should go.

But the kids are at school

Madison: Well, I'm off work and Stratus has the whole day. We'll just go.


Wow, you weren't kidding about people dressing up.

Madison: I know. I've been trying to get one of them to take a picture with me all day but so far none of them want to.

Where's Stratus?


Um...what are you doing?

Stratus: I entered a video game contest.

How are you doing?

Stratus: Not very well. I've never played before. We should get one of these at home!

Well, it would go great with the rocket ship in your backyard...


Three down! Nice going Eve!


Uh-oh...That doesn't look good.

Eve: Mom! I'm all itchy!





Buzz: Mom how come Nemo doesn't want to play with us anymore?

Madison: Well, because he's a teenager now. You three will be teenagers pretty soon too, you know.

Don't sound too happy when you say that, Madison.



But you weren't kidding. Looks like we've got a triple birthday tonight!


Madison: We're almost there!

Stratus: They're almost all teenagers!

Madison: Which means they're almost all adults!

Stratus: Cake's almost ready!

Madison: Kids, get down here! It's time for the party!

Is this a party for the kids or for you?



Happy birthday, dear Buzz...


Well that's a new one...Guess we know where Buzz will be living when he grows up.


Doesn't look too bad, either. Ok, next up...


Happy birthday, dear Eve...


That one is unexpected. Wouldn't have taken the budding chemist for a comedian. Or a dancer.


Alright, two down, one to go...


Happy birthday, dear Merida...


It makes slightly more sense with Merida. Although the geek trait does not...these guys are just full of surprises.





So how does it feel to have four teenagers in the house, Stratus?

Stratus: Well, it's easier than having 4 kids. But we won't have 4 teenagers for much longer...


I see. Where is the birthday boy?


Nemo: I'd like it if you came over for my birthday party...

Adrianna: I'd love to...

I guess he made up his mind.



Happy birthday, dear Nemo...



Well that looks different....


Ooh, fancy.

Nemo: I know, I know.


And I guess we're making it a double. Happy birthday dear Adrianna...


Man, Nemo, you're more excited about her than you!



Alright, well, Nemo's moving out so I guess it's about time for me to be on my...


Oh, guess we're going to get one last promotion in.


Nice job, Stratus.

Stratus: Thanks.

Now, as I was saying...it's time for me to be on my way. I'll see all of you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: They're all teens! I actually didn't intend for Nemo to switch girlfriends. I forgot about his relationship with Merylin when I starting having him build one with Adrianna. He and Adrianna just got along better. And I'm actually kind of excited that Buzz rolled City Native. (Technically he rolled a free pick, since the rules for rolling haven't been updated since the game launched. At some point I need to go back over them and input the newly added traits and the new aspirations so they can be rolled as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment