Thursday, January 26, 2017

Flenderson 3: Round 12


And at long last, we've reached the last house in Round 12! This one belongs to Brock Flenderson and his new wife, Isla Spear...


Hi there, Isla!

Isla: Oh, hey. 

What's wrong?

Isla:  I just got a letter from the city telling me that my last name was changed! I guess they were having a hard time keeping track of records or something, so they decided that all married couples had to have the same last name.

Can they do that?

Isla: Apparently they can. I could fight it, but who has time for that hassle?

Well, other than that how are things in the new house?

Isla: Oh, everything else is fine. It's small, but it's all we need for now.

And plus, you have a fridge and a bed so you're doing better than your neighbors.


No surprises with Brock's career...


And I guess this is going to be a very artistic household.


Isla: Can you believe it? We're married and out on our own!

Brock: I know. It seems like just yesterday we were practicing our music in my parent's studio...

Isla: You know, we never did get a honeymoon...


Ok, ok...let the mysterious voice get out of the room...


Well that was fast.


Isla: Guess what?

Brock: Um...they changed your last name again?

Isla: No. I'm pregnant!

Brock: What? That's great...and kind of scary...but mostly great...


Time to start shopping for baby furniture?

Brock: Do you think they'll have any?

I don't think so, but it might be worth a shot.


You're bringing Misty?

Brock: Isla is asleep, and I don't want to wake her up. Besides, Misty and I haven't seen each other in awhile.


Brock: Hey, sis. How's it going?

Misty: (sigh) Well, ok, I guess. I'm still trying to figure out what to do about Erica...

Brock: I don't think there's anything you need to do. The news says...

Misty: Ha! They don't know what they're talking about. I'm raising one of these toddler things-I think I know more about it than they do.

Brock: Well, good, then you can help me...Isla's pregnant.

Misty: What? That's great!


Misty: You should have brought your guitar. You could perform...

Brock: Misty, I'm not that good...

Misty: Oh, sure you are.

Ok, you two seem to be fine here. I'm going to go check in on Isla at home...


Oh, good. The welcome wagon arrived...um, Aruba? Trout? Is it really polite to make out in your new neighbor's home?


Nice job, Isla.

Isla: Thanks.


You too, Brock.

Brock: Thanks.


Looks like it's baby time! 


(sigh) I'm not even going to mention it...


It's a girl! Welcome, Viola!


And I see Brock won the skin tone battle.


Wow, and on your first day back from baby leave, too.

Isla: Well, I had a lot of time to practice my painting. I guess it paid off.


Been practicing some lullabies?

Brock: Well, I have to practice for work, and I have to get her to sleep...I figured why not do both at once?

How's she liking it?

Brock: Um...well, she's crying a bit less loudly so I think that's a good sign. I'm still getting the hang of this parenting thing.


Well, you should probably give your sister a call for some advice. It's toddler time!


Happy birthday, dear Viola...


Silly...well, it should be easier than wild, at least.


Brock: So, what exactly am I supposed to do here?

Your sister didn't fill you in?

Brock: Not really...


And of course Isla is at work.

Brock: It's ok...we've got this. Right, Viola?

You might want to teach her to talk before asking her to back you up.


Brock: Ok, Viola...let's see if you like macaroni and cheese...

Brock, I can assure you that all toddlers like macaroni and cheese.


Looks like most parents do, too.

Brock: What? I'm not cooking two different meals, and she's harder to please than I am.

I think you're getting the hang of this. You could teach Misty a thing or two.



Nice job, Isla.

Isla: Thanks.

Let's hope Brock has as good a day tomorrow...


And it looks like he did! Again, no surprise with the branch choice. Now, I'm afraid I have to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And that brings us to the end of Round 12! I decided not to re-name this household back to Spear-trying to un-do all the renaming the MC mod did was getting too confusing. Just know that there may be some posts in the future where the name that appears on the pop-ups doesn't match the household name; as long as I make sure the kids are named correctly it will all work out. Anyway, these guys' naming theme was pretty easy to pick given how they met. I still can't get over how cute the toddlers are! Now, on to Round 13!

Stand by for the scorecard!


No comments:

Post a Comment