Thursday, January 19, 2017

Flenderson 1: Round 12


Last round, Sabrina and Confusion's son Brock aged from a teenager to a young adult. He quickly got engaged to his girlfriend Isla and moved out on his own. Meanwhile daughter Misty entered the dating game herself, striking up a relationship with Aldo. Meanwhile both parents continued to advance in the show business career. 


Hi there, Sabrina.

Sabrina: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

Where's everyone else?

Sabrina: Confusion's at work. Misty's outside with her boyfriend.



Aww...looks like you two are officially an item, huh?

Misty: Yup. Aldo came over for the party.

Party?


I see. I'm not missing this one...


Happy birthday, dear Misty...


I'm liking this new dialogue box...

Misty: Huh? What are you talking about?

Nothing...nothing...


Can't forget the boyfriend of course...Happy birthday, dear Aldo...


And he looks perplexed as always.


Misty: Aldo...will you marry me?


Aldo: Yeah! Let's do it!

I think that's the strongest reaction you've gotten out of him so far.


Aldo: So, should I get my stuff now...


Misty: No need. We have everything here. 

Welcome to the family, Aldo. So I guess you two are going to start planning the wedding...


Or we could skip to the wedding night....I'll just be out back...


Anyone surprised? Anyone?


Misty: I'm pregnant!

Aldo: WHAT? This wasn't supposed to happen until after the wedding! 


Aldo, it's 2 am. What are you doing?

Aldo: All this baby stuff has me kind of worked up. I can't sleep.

So what are you doing instead?

Aldo: I'm on this forum...there's this loser trying to tell everyone why he likes this game, so every time he posts I post right after telling him he's a loser.

Um...that sounds kind of mean.

Aldo: Eh, it's not like I'll ever meet the kid. Anyway, it's fun to watch him flip out.

Something tells me Misty may not have dug very deep when choosing this guy.



Misty: Thanks, Brock. But actually, we're going to be putting the wedding off for a little while. I'm pregnant!

Brock: What? But you're my little sister! You're not supposed to have a kid before me!

Well, sometimes things happen out of order.


Politics?

Misty: What? I think it's a good career for me.

Eh, it might be, actually. If anything it will help with the whole friend aspiration thing.


Ok, he's at work right now, but I'm not going to miss this one...


Hey, you guys re-did the backyard!

Misty: Yeah, you know, the family's getting bigger. Plus, the pool we had before was kind of slapped in quickly for when my aunt Alyssa was a kid.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that.

Aldo: We decided it was time for something nicer.


Ok, we're not missing this one...Happy birthday, dear Confusion...





Well, you look much less...pained than most elders do. I'll give you that.


Alright, time for Sabrina...


Ok, we'll have the baby first. But I'm not missing the birthday either...


Let's go!


Aldo: Hey, cool...they've got a TV...

I think you're going to have more important stuff to watch there, Aldo...


And I really don't think you should be using the computer in the hospital research room.

Aldo: What? Nobody else is using it.


Doctor: Alright, Misty. Just relax...


It's a girl! Welcome, Erica!


Aww, she's asleep...


Misty: Come on, little girl. Let's go home. It's your Grandma's birthday, too!


Alright! I didn't miss it! Happy birthday, dear Sabrina...


Sabrina: At least now we both look the part of grandparents.


Confusion: Hi there, baby...what do you need? Why are you crying?

Confusion, she's like, a day old. She either needs food or changing. It's not that complicated.


Sabrina: So we're grandparents...

Confusion: Yup. We are. Crazy, isn't it?

Sabrina: Some days I never thought I'd make it this far.


Nice job, Misty.

Misty: Thanks!


Alright, time for one more birthday before we head out. Happy birthday, dear Erica...


Oh, ok Sabrina got promoted too. Congrats.

Sabrina: Thanks, but you can go back to the baby.

Thanks. As I was saying, Happy birthday, dear...


What the...


Oh my...

Aldo: Um...something's wrong! Something's really, really wrong! Misty!


Aldo: Um...it's ok...it's ok...Misty, get in here now!


Misty: Honestly, Aldo, what could be...what the...

Aldo: I told you!

Misty: What happened? What did you do?

Aldo: She grew up, but I think she got...stuck somehow. Like, stuck halfway.

Misty: Well fix it!

Aldo: I can't fix it...

Ok, calm down...it's ok...

Misty: What do you mean it's ok? It's not ok at all! Look at her.

She just became a toddler, that's all...

Misty: A what?


A toddler. She's sort of halfway between a baby and a child. It's a developmental stage...

Misty: No, that can't be right. Everybody knows babies grow into kids. Aldo's right. Something is really, really wrong here...

If you would just calm down and listen to me for a second...


Misty: It's ok. I can handle this. Who should I call...Aunt Alyssa! She's a doctor. She can help. Aldo, we have to call my aunt.

Aldo: Misty, it's the middle of the night...

Misty: So? She's a doctor. They're used to late night emergencies.

Look, it's the end of the week. Just, don't do anything drastic and I'll try to explain more when I get back next round.

Misty: (sigh) Alright. But hurry!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And Tranquility Creek gets toddlers! I did not realize how much I missed toddlers in TS4 until they added them back. This is why I had Misty get pregnant as soon as possible; I knew that if I wanted to have Misty give birth and have the baby to age up this week, there wasn't time for a wedding party. I have a pretty good idea of how this toddler thing is going to play out story-wise too. And this also means that we are now caught up to where I am in my actual game! 

No comments:

Post a Comment