Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Bernard 3: Round 12


 Last round, little Alderaan Bernard continued to pester her parents for a new sibling. Aruba and Trout initially put it off until the family was more financially stable, but by the end of the week Aruba was pregnant with the family's second child. (And thanks to a malfunctioning mod, it looks like that child made his appearance while we were off the lot. Let's go meet him...)



So, it looks like your brother showed up while I was away...

Alderaan: Yup!

What's his name?

Alderaan: His name's Hosnian!

Hmm...Alderaan and Hosnian...I hope that's not an omen...

Alderaan: Huh?

Never mind. Let's get Hosnian a room.


So how's the little guy doing?

Trout: He's doing fine. Sorry you couldn't be here for his birth.

That's ok. Sometimes these things happen.


So how do we like the newly arranged house?

Aruba: Newly arranged?

Trout: More like newly built! This is like a completely new house.

Yeah, I know. Re-arranging the rooms just wasn't working, so I pretty much started from scratch. You like?

Trout: Well, we do have more space now. And the second bathroom is a lifesaver.


What's wrong?

Aruba: Trout and I have been trying for another baby, and it just isn't happening.

Really? But you just had Hosnian. And it took you forever to decide to try for a second one.

Aruba: I know. That's why we're trying again so soon-we don't want to wait too long again. But it just hasn't been working. I don't know what's wrong.

I'm sure it will happen eventually.

Aruba: Yeah...anyway, I've got to head to work.


The flea market again?

Trout: Now that we've re-done the house, Alderaan has a new room. So we're going to go look for some cool stuff for it.


Trout: Hey, check out these lamps! Want one of these for your new room?

Alderaan: Yeah, that one is really cool!


Alderaan: Hey, cool...snowglobes! Dad, can I get one?

Trout: Sure. Which one do you want?

Alderaan: Oh, there's one with a bunny...and look, Dad! One with a dinosaur! Can we get that one for Hosnian?

Trout: I think that would be nice.


Alderaan: What are these called again?

Trout: Samosas. Be careful, they're pretty spicy.

Alderaan: They're pretty good. Can we make these at home?


Hey, it's Grandma Alyssa!

Alyssa: Hi there, Alderaan! Did you find anything fun in the flea market?

Alderaan: Yeah! I found all these snow globes...I even got one with a dinosaur for my new brother!

Alyssa: Right...how is the new baby? Are you happy to finally be a big sister?

Alderaan: Yeah! 


At least you had a good day at work.

Aruba: Yeah, at least there's that.


Trout: I'm sorry the pregnancy test didn't work out. We can try again...

Aruba: That's ok. Maybe it's a sign, you know? We're not getting any younger...

Trout: You know, if you really want a third kid...there is another option.

Aruba: Adoption? Huh...you know, I never really thought about that.

Well, to be fair, neither of you grew up in houses where it needed to be discussed.

Aruba: You know...adoption does sound like a nice option. I like the idea of giving a needy baby a home.

Trout: All right, we're adopting! Now, we just need to tell Alderaan.

Aruba: We'll tell her at dinner.


Trout: So, Alderaan, we have something we need to talk about.

Aruba: You know how we had Hosnian at the hospital after I grew him in my tummy?

Alderaan: Yeah.

Aruba: Well, we're going to be having another baby...but this time, I'm not going to grow the baby in my tummy.

Alderaan: Then how is the baby going to get here?

Trout: We're going to adopt it. We're going to find a baby that doesn't have a family, and bring that baby home.

Alderaan: Really? That's so cool!


Hi, Leia.

Leia: Hi, mysterious voice.

Alderaan: Guess what? I have a new little brother and my mom and dad are going to adopt another baby!

Leia: Adopt? What does that mean?

Alderaan: They're going to take a baby that doesn't have a mommy or daddy.

Leia: You can do that?

It doesn't happen often around here, but it can happen.


And it looks like that's not too far off!


Happy birthday, dear Hosnian...


Another clingy toddler...


Aww, he's cute...


Aruba: Come on, little man. Let's get you into your big boy bed...

Wow, you're not panicking. I'm impressed.


So, do I have to give you guys the run down on this toddler thing?

Aruba: No. It's been all over the news. I can't say it's not odd, but I guess this is just something we're going to have to get used to.

Hey, a rational response! 


Oh, right...we have to hire a nanny. This ought to be a show...


I don't think Hosnian is very happy about this turn of events.


Nanny: Don't cry, little guy...Mommy will be home soon. Why don't we go play with your blocks for awhile...

Wow, a competent nanny. Who would have thought...

Nanny: My name's Faith, by the way.

Oh, ok. Yeah, I think you're going to be around here a lot. I might as well learn your name.


How's the adoption process going?

Aruba: They matched us with someone! A baby girl-just born. We can pick her up tomorrow...

Great!


Alderaan: Huh? Why are you still here? Usually Mom's home by now.

Faith: She had to go pick up your new baby sister!


Huh, I would have thought the orphanage would have named her.

Aruba: Because we adopted at birth, we got to choose her name.


She's cute...I'm sure she'll fit right in.

Aruba: I hope so. Alderaan was so excited at the idea of one new baby, but two so close together...especially after she was an only child for so long...

I'm sure it will be fine.


...You're reading to him?

Faith: Yes. It improves his imagination.

And this is something you care about?

Faith: Of course.

What kind of nanny are you?


So now that he's out of the bassinet what are you going to do with your little brother?

Alderaan: I'm teaching him shapes! Can you find the square?

Um, I hate to point this out...but all the blocks are square. 

Alderaan: Well, I'm teaching him a shape...


Aruba: Ugh...

What?

Aruba: He's getting too heavy for this...my back hurts!





And it also looks like we get a 2 for 1 deal. But the big girl goes first...


Happy birthday, dear Alderaan...


Ha, looks like she's looking for love in Alderaan places...

Alderaan: That's not funny...

Yeah, I know. But I couldn't pass it up.


Not in love with the outfit, though.

Alderaan: Yeah, me either.


Ok, I promise I'll let you pick a new outfit right after we get Corellia's birthday out of the way.

Alderaan: Why am I in charge of this?

Because your parents are both so exhausted that they were falling asleep on their feet.


Oh, boy...our first wild toddler. This should be fun.


Aww, she's even cuter than Hosnian!


Alderaan: And then the littlest llama said...

Aww, you're a good babysitter.

Alderaan: Well, if I don't read to her, she won't go to sleep. And she's sharing my room.


Trout: What happened?

Alderaan: I just wanted to light the fireplace!

Aruba: The fireplace? We haven't turned that on since we got it! 

Alderaan: I know that! That's why I wanted to light it! 

Trout: The babies! Someone has to get them out...

By the time you do, the fire will be gone...


I'll admit, the fireplace does add a nice ambiance to the room...wait a minute, where's Corellia?

Alderaan: Um...uh-oh...Hosnian, do you know?

Hosnian: Outside!


And I guess this is her wild side coming through?


Aruba: What are you doing, silly girl? You can't run outside with no clothes on!

At least you guys fenced in the garden. Otherwise she may have gotten halfway around the block.


Wow...

Faith: What?

You're actually playing with them and nothing's on fire?

Faith: You seem surprised that I'm doing my job.

Well...let's just say my experience with nannies hasn't been the greatest.


Let's go with author...


Congratulations!

Aruba: (yawn) Thanks! Now I'm going to go take a celebratory nap.

Having two toddlers at once is getting to you, huh?

Aruba: I guess this is what we get for waiting so long. Maybe Alderaan was right all along.


Congrats to you too, Trout.

Trout: Thanks!


And it looks like we get to celebrate with cake!


Happy birthday, dear Trout...



Oh, sorry Aruba...I must have missed your message. We couldn't get the candles on the cake fast enough for you.

Aruba: It's ok.


Alderaan: Corellia, it's Saturday and it's 6 AM! Go back to bed!

Corellia: Want story!

Alderaan: Why don't you go ask Mommy?

Corellia: No! Want Alderaan story!

Alderaan: Ok, I'll read you a story...but then it's back to bed, ok? Someone's coming over later and I don't want to look too tired.

Who's coming over?


Oh, hey Thunder...

Alderaan: Hi there. Thanks for coming over.

Thunder: Don't you want to go inside?

Alderaan: Trust me, you don't want to go in there unless you want to be bombarded with requests for stories and baths. We can hang out here.



Wait, someone gave them spaghetti? Ok, I'm getting out of here before this gets messy. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, remember how I mentioned that the mod I used to pause pregnancy broke a few patches back? Yeah, this is one of the houses that was affected by that. And I was totally surprised how effective the nanny was-I only had Jamaica hire her for one day, so I never really saw how they worked. I liked that it was the same nanny each day, so they could form a relationship with her. And she didn't catch on fire in the bathroom, so that's already an improvement on the TS2 nanny.

No comments:

Post a Comment