Monday, January 23, 2017

Palmer 3: Round 12


Last round, Blair and Marlin's second daughter, Riley, grew to a child and started school. Meanwhile their older daughter Jessie achieved her childhood aspiration, despite some setbacks with the chemistry station. Meanwhile Blair and Marlin advanced in the painting and culinary careers, respectively.


Hi, Blair!

Blair: Hi mysterious voice!

What have you guys been up to?

Blair: Oh, not too much I guess.


Well, it looks like we get to kick things off with a birthday at least.


So how are you guys celebrating your sister becoming a teen?

Riley: We're going into the city.


You're spending Jessie's birthday at the flea market?

Blair: Just the morning. We'll be home in plenty of time for the party.


Shopping for some new furniture?

Blair: We've needed a new living room set for so long. And this stuff has so much more character, you know?

That's one way of putting it. Where are the girls?

Blair: Oh...um...over on the playground, I think? They kind of ran off once we got here.

Kids running off in a strange city...what could happen?


Aww, on the monkey bars together one last time...


Wow, we're actually having a real birthday party?

Blair: Sure, why not?


Jessie: Thanks for having a party for me, Mom.

Blair: Of course, honey! It's not every day my oldest girl becomes a teenager!

So, who's coming?

Blair: Well, I didn't know many of Jessie's friends...


At least she could invite some family over. Hey, Madison.

Madison: Hi mysterious voice. Hey there, Riley.

Riley: Hi Aunt Madison!


So, I can't help but notice this is more a party for you than for Jessie.

Blair: Well what did you want me to do? I didn't know any of her friends to invite. She called a few herself-they're just in the other room.


Ok, let's get the focus of this thing back on track. Happy birthday, dear Jessie...


I swear, these food aspirations are genetic...


And I actually like that haircut on you.

Jessie: Thanks!


Oh, hi Planet. Long time no see.

Jessie: Planet, this is my mom's friend Rain..

Planet: I know. She's my aunt.

Jessie: Really? No way!

Planet: Yeah, my dad is her...whoa! Aunt Rain, what are you doing?

Rain: Just checking if you did your homework before you came over here.

Rain, I think it's considered rude to mind-probe people in others' homes...


(sigh) Yup, the monster's back...

Riley: Daddy!

You guys should really start spraying the bed every night as a rule...


Marlin: I'm so happy you decided to follow in my footsteps...

Jessie: Well, not quite. I want to be a chef, not a mixologist.

Marlin: Well, alongside my footsteps then. And don't forget, I know a thing or two about cooking if you want some tips.


Riley: So you really made this?

Jessie: Yeah, it was easy.

Riley: I can't wait until I get big so I can cook too!



Welcome back, Planet.

Planet: Thanks.

I think this might go better without your aunt interrupting.

Jessie: Um, speaking of interrupting...

Ok, ok...I get the hint...


Besides, it looks like we've got other things on the agenda for today.


Is a bar called the Shrieking Llama really appropriate for two teenagers?

Jessie: It's just a name.


Eh, I guess it looks safe enough. You two be good-I've got to get back to your house for your dad's birthday.


Happy birthday, dear Marlin...


Sorry you're all alone...

Marlin: Oh, it's alright. And technically Riley is still home-she just fell asleep before the cake was done.


Nice going, Blair.

Blair: Thanks. And I have the perfect plan for the bonus check...

I'm afraid to ask...


Monkey bars? Now this is surprising!

Riley: Mom said she didn't like me spending all my time on the computer playing the typing game, so she bought me these so I can practice my motor skills outside.

I see.


Hey, if this keeps up Riley might get her own jungle gym too.


Congrats, Marlin.

Marlin: Thanks.


And once again we find ourselves back at the children's center.

Riley: Do you guys want to play again?

Alderaan: I think the other room is unlocked...you want to go sneak in?

Ok, I'm just going to be on my way before you all get kicked out. Riley, I'll see you next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I think I'm finally getting into the groove with these guys now. Jessie and Planet make such a cute couple; he was calling her all week asking her out on dates. And this lot reminded me why I never actually throw parties-especially when children age up. For some reason children can't initiate the party themselves, so the guest list is limited to whoever the parent knows, not the child. Plus, some of the objectives aren't really appropriate, like having a certain number of drinks. They should really add a "Kids Party" option or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment